Next yr starting 5

HS makes up less than half of her calendar year
Her AAU exposure team, Philly Rise, is always in the top tier of each tournament bracket and competes against top talent.
I have followed this girl's career via ballertv and NFHS streams and she is legit
Not to mention the off-court drive she has in extending her game and working on her weaknesses
And she did ALL of that against Other HS Players! Not against Seasoned, Veteran, SEC Battle-Tested, College players!

I NEVER said that She wasn't legit. However, I AM saying that Marta is Legit being named All SEC Freshman First Team! I'm Also saying that Sara is Legit being named ALL SEC as a Freshman and hitting one of the Biggest shots in ALL of Women's March Madness last season to send Our Ladies to the Sweet Sixteen. There are Other Players on next year's team who are Legit, as they have Proven It on The College Level, Unlike Justine, Yet!
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif

GT,

I accept the technical. I was just responding to the new poster (40 posts) who said UT was the only team in the nation that had enough depth to have two different starting lineups of quality players for next season. As a guest here, I knew better than to post in this thread so T me up, its deserved. The outrageous claims were low hanging fruit and just too tempting even for me. My bad and apologies to all.
Littleton is in the portal, so you'll have to redo your lineup. Also, just because I haven't posted as much as you, I've been around longer than you. No, I didn't Officially join this board until 2020, but I've been around the Lady Vol Scene since Dena Head and Daedra Charles left Detroit to head to Rocky Top. I watched them Both play in High School. So I really don't know what my Number of posts have to do with anything!
shrug.gif

I STILL say that I will take Our Roster Over ANYONE Else's next season, Including So Carolina's. Even with Henderson for you guys, and without Horston, Green, Marta and a 100% Rae, we played you guys tough at your place in front of a sold-out crowd. Each team being healthy, I LOVE our chances on the Summitt next season and I'm Really hoping that we get to play you guys twice next year.
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif

And she did ALL of that against Other HS Players! Not against Seasoned, Veteran, SEC Battle-Tested, College players!

I NEVER said that She wasn't legit. However, I AM saying that Marta is Legit being named All SEC Freshman First Team! I'm Also saying that Sara is Legit being named ALL SEC as a Freshman and hitting one of the Biggest shots in ALL of Women's March Madness last season to send Our Ladies to the Sweet Sixteen. There are Other Players on next year's team who are Legit, as they have Proven It on The College Level, Unlike Justine, Yet!
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif

Does using BOLD make you RIGHT?

I'm not downplaying Her and I have seen Her play. I simply pointed out that in the 5 games that she played Power 5 opponents that She wasn't always The Best player on the court, as was stated previously.

As far as comparing Her stats to Key's, I really don't know what you're trying to prove there, unless you're downplaying Key. It's not an Apples to Apples comparison. They aren't the Same type of players. Key is a True 6'7" Post, while Franklin is a 6'1" very athletically skilled 3-4, who because of team needs played in the post and pretty much excelled though she was undersized.

Those Common opponents that you listed played Key a LOT differently than they played Franklin. I saw the UT/OK ST game up close-(front row seats in Vegas)-and in person. As usual, Key was surrounded by 2-3 and sometimes 4 players most of the time when she touched the ball. I don't think that they played Franklin the same way and that Franklin was just So Dominant that She just shook it off and scored anyway. Against VT, Key was saddled with foul trouble early, as was Kitley.

I truly do not understand why, if someone posts something about a particular player, others on this board see the need where they MUST compare that player to Another Favored player to either prop up the player they like or to take the first player down a notch. This theory that ALL of a sudden, these new talented players are going to come in and relegate players like Tamari - (A 3 Year Starter, UT's All Time Leading Shot Blocker, a Lisa Leslie award finalist this PAST Season) - to the bench or playing sparse minutes are Grossly Mistaken.

I like and am rooting for them ALL! But Hey, you do you.
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif
Actually those common opponents did pack the paint the paint, as Mo State was a horrible perimeter team so you are wrong once again as you just made up something in an attempt to explzin away facts that dont fit your narrative about Key doubling Franklin's stats if she played same competition. You also suggested if playing in place of Key she would not have led us to Sweet 16 completely ignoring she has already been there and done that. My opinion that Franklin was better than Keys was my opinion based on at gamend online observations. You don't have to agree.I. My point was as good as Key is I think Franklin is better.. Your reply about Key doubling Franklin's stats was not only ludicrous but a clear attempt to disparage Franklin and her accomplishments. So why not look at common opponents. Lo and Behold Franklin had superior stats. And then you started talking about height difference and how defense was different.. Not sure what height difference has to do with that comparison but your statement about the defense faced was a whopper. All along my point is how good Franklin is using Key to explain just how good Franklin is but all you wanted to do was disparage Franklin and mid majors which is both arrogant and uninformed. I did not say Frznklin outplayed all other P5 players on the floor, somebody else did. But she has outplayed in largely player on pllayer match-ups Reese, Blackwell, Kitley all future WNBA players. So IMO Franklin is better than Keys and my opinion is not unreasonable but others may see it differently.. Tamari is great but downplaying Franklin because in your view she played at a lower level ignores that Franklin has led her team to more success on a national level than we have had in terms of the NCAA tournamenta nd the national polls. Year end Coaches poll 2019 through 2021 (24, 19, 14 vs NR, NR 16) Again Tamari is great. But Franklin's team and individual results tell a story you choose to totally ignore and downplay. Double the stats? LOL. We all are entitled to our opinions but facts are facts and should not be ignored or downplsyed.

Last edited:
Actually those common opponents did pack the paint the paint, as Mo State was a horrible perimeter team so you are wrong once again as you just made up something in an attempt to explzin away facts that dont fit your narrative about Key doubling Franklin's stats if she played same competition. You also suggested if playing in place of Key she would not have led us to Sweet 16 completely ignoring she has already been there and done that. My opinion that Franklin was better than Keys was my opinion based on at gamend online observations. You don't have to agree.I. My point was as good as Key is I think Franklin is better.. Your reply about Key doubling Franklin's stats was not only ludicrous but a clear attempt to disparage Franklin and her accomplishments. So why not look at common opponents. Lo and Behold Franklin had superior stats. And then you started talking about height difference and how defense was different.. Not sure what height difference has to do with that comparison but your statement about the defense faced was a whopper. All along my point is how good Franklin is using Key to explain just how good Franklin is but all you wanted to do was disparage Franklin and mid majors which is both arrogant and uninformed. I did not say Frznklin outplayed all other P5 players on the floor, somebody else did. But she has outplayed in largely player on pllayer match-ups Reese, Blackwell, Kitley all future WNBA players. So IMO Franklin is better than Keys and my opinion is not unreasonable but others may see it differently.. Tamari is great but downplaying Franklin because in your view she played at a lower level ignores that Franklin has led her team to more success on a national level than we have had in terms of the NCAA tournamenta nd the national polls. Year end Coaches poll 2019 through 2021 (24, 19, 14 vs NR, NR 16) Again Tamari is great. But Franklin's team and individual results tell a story you choose to totally ignore and downplay. Double the stats? LOL. We all are entitled to our opinions but facts are facts and should not be ignored or downplsyed.

I Never said that Key, not Keys by the way, would have doubled Franklin's stats. I said that Key would have possibly doubled her own stats, so get that right. Also, Franklin was Not played the same way that Tamari was played pretty much All season. I also said that this past season on that Lady Vol team, swapping out Franklin for Tamari would not have allowed UT to make the Sweet Sixteen and you're the one who's Delusional if you think that they would have. Just because Franklin has been on teams that made it, doesn't mean that she would have Definitely made on Last Season's version of The Lady Vols without Tamari.

You talk as if you are the ONLY one who has watched Franklin play. I did too. And I didn't say Anything disparaging about the young lady. I'm thoroughly impressed by the young lady and All that she's accomplished, just like I'm impressed by All of the other young ladies on this team, including Tamari. However, I am not going to agree that Franklin is better or more important to this team than Tamari. The Fact of the matter is this, they are both Fantastic players and I'm glad to have them both and will be rooting hard for ALL of them.

Again, it makes No Sense to me that just because someone posts something about A Particular Player others on this board take it as a "Personal Attack" against another player on the Same Team. I don't need your blessing or you to agree with me on this or any other subject. But you getting All Huffy and Puffy because of what I've stated is not going to make me backtrack or run and cower.

Toodles!
ALSKI 🧡 🧡 🧡

Reactions: shiverz

Stats are great but Key is probably the only player in college basketball that could slow Boston down one on one. Boston would probably destroy Franklin if she had that assignment. Don't get me get wrong, I think Franklin is a good pickup but she is not as important to Tennessee success as Key. Key will be a first round pick next year. Franklin will be a late round pick at best. Key will be more appreciated after she is gone.

Last edited:
For those of you that really want to support our LadyVols, or just want to read about it.
If we want the top recruits/transfers (and to keep them) we need to show our appreciation for choosing UT. Let’s make UT number 1. I think spyre is at or very close to the top as far as the NIL goes.

https://www.spyresports.com/

Last edited:
The only facts that need comprehending is the one where SC is the National champion from this past season, returns 95% percent of its scoring, and has two top 15 players coming in. Arguing against that is down right delusional.
Still got the same bad game coach too. That will bite them at an in opportune time.

Reactions: Alskirock64
Franklin is unproven playing against top competition night in and night out in the Missouri Valley Conference. Playing Power 5 teams night in and night out wears on players mentally and physically. Comparing the two players is very unfair. Tamari has played against the physicality of the SEC for 3 years and against top strength of schedule opponents. Jasmine Franklin has not no matter what her stats were. Alexis Dye's stats were 16.6 pts and 12.6 rebounds and player of the year accomplishments in a similar style league that Franklin is coming out of, but that did not translate when playing with much more talented players against much more talented players. Alexis's stats were decent, but not gawdy. Before anyone says Jasmine Franklin is going to be this or that while at Tennessee, maybe we should let her play a game or two. She will be suiting up with 4 high school all Americans on our Lady Vol Team as well as a roster loaded with top 50 talent. You don't get nearly the opportunities to score or rebound as much when your teammates are doing more of the lifting at every position.

How about we play, who would be our staring 5 from the ones returning.

Including MS.
I think it may be dependent upon who we play, but I do think out of the players returning, Jordan H. And Tamari K. are locks in the starting lineup. The other two that started a season Walker and Darby may have roles coming off the bench this season, but I wouldn't count them out. All i know is there are an awful lot of possible combinations of players over 6 foot that would be able to play 2,3 and 4 spots as needed. It is a good problem to have if they can keep everyone happy and they are willing to do whatever it takes to win basketball games.

I think it may be dependent upon who we play, but I do think out of the players returning, Jordan H. And Tamari K. are locks in the starting lineup. The other two that started a season Walker and Darby may have roles coming off the bench this season, but I wouldn't count them out. All i know is there are an awful lot of possible combinations of players over 6 foot that would be able to play 2,3 and 4 spots as needed. It is a good problem to have if they can keep everyone happy and they are willing to do whatever it takes to win basketball games.

Puckett, Jordan, Tamari...need to ponder the other two. Sanchez (sp?) may surprise us if she can handle the defensive end.

Puckett, Jordan, Tamari...need to ponder the other two. Sanchez (sp?) may surprise us if she can handle the defensive end.

Forgot about Tess...she just lost her confidence at the end. She can shoot. Probably, too similar to MS.

Forgot about Tess...she just lost her confidence at the end. She can shoot. Probably, too similar to MS.

Tess just can’t become a D1 defender/rebounder/creator because of her limited physical abilities and that can’t be on the floor if we want to win championships. Sad but true. Great person/teammate, high basketball IQ, can really shoot it, but that’s not enough to make up for the lack of athletic ability. We have to many players who are athletic (bigger, stronger, faster, & jump higher) for her to get significant minutes.

Tess just can’t become a D1 defender/rebounder/creator because of her limited physical abilities and that can’t be on the floor if we want to win championships. Sad but true. Great person/teammate, high basketball IQ, can really shoot it, but that’s not enough to make up for the lack of athletic ability. We have to many players who are athletic (bigger, stronger, faster, & jump higher) for her to get significant minutes.

Hope you are right. One area the Lady Vols have struggled with for many years is having great 3-point shooters. I think she will still have a role as a sniper. Admittedly, we may have to play more zone when she is out there.

As a team, we settle for too many 10-15 footers. To get back into Top-10, we need 80% of shots either at the rim or from 3-range. The game has changed.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back