Commodity shortages

They're also stupid high on price. I just took a trip down to Atlanta and driving through Knoxville noticed most Pilots were a good bit higher than everyone else.
Same, Went to the beach in the motorhome week before last. Spent $750 on diesel and never touched the generator. Went around Atlanta via Rome GA and found the prices 20 to 30 cents cheaper away from the interstate.

30 week delivery now on a piece of equipment. This is unsustainable and getting worse. I am going to lose orders if our competitors are any better. Frankly my efforts are becoming a waste of time.

Reactions: AM64 and Vol423
He detest Pilot. They run through $20,000 per week in fuel. His limit on his credit card is $25,000. He's trying to get it raised so his drivers can get fuel on the road.

Had to bump up our fuel card limits too. It's crazy.

Got my first call about fuel surcharges. "Gas is only $4 something why are you charging x for FS"? Well Mr. MBA if we put gas in our diesel trucks we will ruin them and diesel is between $5.15 and $5.65.

It's bad.

Making me fearful for my performance and income. If factories aren't delivering product I just dont know how they keep the factories operational, which means distributors will not invoice and have to cut personnel as well.
And if my company is not invoicing I dont get paid. Just a reason I was considering such a late life career change the last few months and turned down a couple weeks ago

This crap is a massive crisis across all manufacturing.

Reactions: AM64 and Vol423
Making me fearful for my performance and income. If factories aren't delivering product I just dont know how they keep the factories operational, which means distributors will not invoice and have to cut personnel as well.
And if my company is not invoicing I dont get paid. Just a reason I was considering such a late life career change the last few months and turned down a couple weeks ago

This crap is a massive crisis across all manufacturing.

Gut feeling is we're going to see massive layoffs in a lot of sectors by this fall. Especially if the rumors of diesel shortages are true.

Gut feeling is we're going to see massive layoffs in a lot of sectors by this fall. Especially if the rumors of diesel shortages are true.

Funny how the markets all correct themselves.
When I started in this career after college in 1991, after a short time as a pipeline operator, I got my first gig as a parts person making $16K year with a like a $3K year-end performance bonus. I spoke with my Office manager and she said they were inundated with "overqualified" candidates during HWB recession.

Me suspects those clamoring for $15/hour will accept $10/hour before long. You get my drift.

I'm awaiting a quote to get my roof re-shingled. I have a guy that I trust and he pretty much told me to hang on to my ass because shingle prices have doubled and labor has increased by 1.5 times.

30 weeks would be nice. Try 2 years (104 weeks) for semiconductor chips.

This globalization supply chain that Trump warned about is becoming a nightmare.
DC is whistling Dixie, just like on inflation that us peons saw a year ago. They are always the last to know or recognize.
And the politicalization of the Fed Reserve is like a cherry on top.

Reactions: AM64
I'm awaiting a quote to get my roof re-shingled. I have a guy that I trust and he pretty much told me to hang on to my ass because shingle prices have doubled and labor has increased by 1.5 times.

I went to a lumber mill today...gosh what a long ass day and drive. Last year they installed a new $100M saw...not sure I ever heard such a thing and did not go in the building.
I asked about lumber prices and he said they were going down. Rather surprised, but think a reflection of new home building is plummeting.

Reactions: AM64
I went to a lumber mill today...gosh what a long ass day and drive. Last year they installed a new $100M saw...not sure I ever heard such a thing and did not go in the building.
I asked about lumber prices and he said they were going down. Rather surprised, but think a reflection of new home building is plummeting.
I'm petty sure that we're heading for a recession. I might just wait until the economy takes a total dump to get my roof replaced.

I hope not but I think youre correct. Ive been looking at switching jobs, but my family has talked me out of it twice already. What I do now is relatively safe and they want me to wait 2 years for this clown show to get out of office ;because, none of us trust him as far as we can throw him. We are all kinda predicting that this winter is gonna be rough.

Nobody has any clue what the are talking about. They are spitting into the wind.

when this russian cluster is dealt with. The economy will be in position to launch. We will be paying down trumps dept. We will have a strong need to hire, and supply chains issues will be redistributed. Many of the domestic terrorists are being dealt with and will slink back to where they came from. There is a big ole sun at the end of this tunnel.
Keep on believing brother

I'm petty sure that we're heading for a recession. I might just wait until the economy takes a total dump to get my roof replaced.

I agree, Any big expenditure if not totally necessary is not wise.
Think about financing some luxury item like a boat, or even a massively overpriced home. They lose their job, and bam, like 2008 on steroids. Gov assistance will be non existent.

'Pray for us formula moms': Mother of baby girl with severe allergy to cow's milk shares photos of agonizing rash she gets after drinking it to highlight the devastating impact of the formula shortage

A mother whose infant daughter has severe food allergies has shared photos of her baby's rash-covered skin after drinking cow's milk to highlight the devastating impact of the nationwide formula shortage.

Kayzie Weedman, 29, from Indiana, shared her concerns in a now-viral TikTok last week, explaining that her nearly six-month-old daughter, Palmer, is allergic to the ingredients in most formulas and can only consume specific brands.

57890289-10822585-image-a-122_1652737486218.jpg

The mom shared heartbreaking photos of her nearly six-month-old daughter Palmer's face and head covered in a red rash to show what happens when she has cow's milk

Weedman then paused to share pictures of a painful-looking red rash on her daughter's face and head to show what happens when she has cow's milk.

Mother shares photos of baby's cow's milk allergy amid formula shortage | Daily Mail Online

Pete Buttigieg says the Baby Formula Shortage has Hit Him Directly because he and Husband Chasten have had to 'root around' to find it for their nine-month-old twins

Pete Buttigieg said the baby formula shortage is affecting him and his husband Chasten as they have had to 'root around' and talk to friends out of state to get food for their nine-month old twins.

The transportation secretary said their twins - Penelope Rose and Joseph August Buttigieg - are 'completely reliant' on formula.

Pete Buttigieg says the baby formula shortage has hit him, Chasten and twins | Daily Mail Online

Nobody has any clue what the are talking about. They are spitting into the wind.

when this russian cluster is dealt with. The economy will be in position to launch. We will be paying down trumps dept. We will have a strong need to hire, and supply chains issues will be redistributed. Many of the domestic terrorists are being dealt with and will slink back to where they came from. There is a big ole sun at the end of this tunnel.

#FreeTheDow

Had to bump up our fuel card limits too. It's crazy.

Got my first call about fuel surcharges. "Gas is only $4 something why are you charging x for FS"? Well Mr. MBA if we put gas in our diesel trucks we will ruin them and diesel is between $5.15 and $5.65.
This country is run by academics, lawyers and bean counters.

VN Store

Back