War in Ukraine

True and our crisis are still pennies compared to what generations in the past went through. Think about being born in 1900 and having to go through the Titanic, WW1, Bird Flu, Great Depression, Dustbowl, WW2, and perhaps even Korean War and Cuban Missile Crises.

Like your posts...especially the history of Russo wars , entanglements, and other azzwhippings. Hang around the ole PF...lots of likeminded folks here, and generally good spirited discussions with those liberal weirdos too. The Gramps memorial is our own little pub where we discuss anything BUT politics and give eachother a hard time. Go VOLS

Reactions: AM64
Not out if left field. Ukraine has stated from day 1 they want to take it out they simply don’t have the means and opportunity right now. Stop reading so much RT and Patrick Lancaster and you’d know it. And I really hope we give them the means to take it out. Crimea falls not soon after that
Of what strategic advantage would that accomplish? The core fighting is in Donbas. They wouldn't need that bridge in their supply lines.

Of what strategic advantage would that accomplish? The core fighting is in Donbas. They wouldn't need that bridge in their supply lines.
LMAO. It is THE strategic target to isolate Crimea and prevent resupply to Crimea and the southwest Moe and you know it. 🤡

That bridge falls and Crimea, Kherson, and the whole southwest invasion crumbles soon after.

LMAO. It is THE strategic target to isolate Crimea and prevent resupply to Crimea and the southwest Moe and you know it. 🤡

That bridge falls and Crimea, Kherson, and the whole southwest invasion crumbles soon after.
Or they can just use the land bridge they now have between Kherson and Russia. That may have been an objective earlier (maybe) in the conflict, but I'm not sure of what significance it would have now.

The alternative is to do what Russia tried to do at first. A real army could have pulled it off too.

I am not saying Ukraine would be as easy to conquer as Iraq (for us anyway, we dont live next door like pootin) but 3 days of US military "shock and awe" we would have completely destroyed ANYTHING command and control, all air assets and AAA, and any damn thing else we felt like destroying...after which our ground forces could have rolled into kiev roughshod like we already owned the place. This is an unbelievable embarrassment for Russia, their military has been GREATLY overestimated to the point that it makes me wonder just how good Chinas military is as well....90% of their sheit is russian designs

I am not saying Ukraine would be as easy to conquer as Iraq (for us anyway, we dont live next door like pootin) but 3 days of US military "shock and awe" we would have completely destroyed ANYTHING command and control, all air assets and AAA, and any damn thing else we felt like destroying...after which our ground forces could have rolled into kiev roughshod like we already owned the place. This is an unbelievable embarrassment for Russia, their military has been GREATLY overestimated to the point that it makes me wonder just how good Chinas military is as well....90% of their sheit is russian designs
Are you suggesting the Russians don't have the capability of leveling a city with a heavy and steady bombing campaign?

Or maybe didn't have a desire to do so?

Or they can just use the land bridge they now have between Kherson and Russia. That may have been an objective earlier (maybe) in the conflict, but I'm not sure of what significance it would have now.
They would be forced to Moe. And that whole stretch of land is easily within range of the M777 155M howitzers we just provided. It would be a turkey shoot with UAVs providing recon for the fires missions. Just like their recent glorious river crossing 😂

They would be forced to Moe. And that whole stretch of land is easily within range of the M777 155M howitzers we just provided. It would be a turkey shoot with UAVs providing recon for the fires missions. Just the their recent glorious river crossing 😂
Oh, okay. Now it makes sense.

Edit: added blue font

Last edited:
So help me out. I'm obviously not too bright. Why don't the have the means to take out this random bridge right now?
What weapon do they currently have than can destroy a reinforced bridge like that Moe? Google Dragon’s Jaw bridge. We had to use Paveways on a very similar target. And yeah not knowing that since it happened it the early 70’s and was the key event that ushered in precision strike weapons while acting like you’re a walking encyclopedia clearly shows you aren’t as smart as you think you are Moe

Oh and now it’s a “random bridge” after you already acknowledged losing it would put Russian resupply lines to the southwest and Crimea under threat of continual artillery fire? You’re a water carrying hack Moe

Reactions: allvol123
Don't forget the Baja peninsula while we're at it.

Cozumel is my favorite vacation spot i have ever been. Much better than Virgin islands etc. You can walk out to chest deep in clear blue water and see the coral reef replete with every kind of brightly colored tropical fish you can buy at a fish store. Beer and food are cheap and the people are super friendly. Closest to Paradise i have ever been

What weapon do they currently have than can destroy a reinforced bridge like that Moe? Google Dragon’s Jaw bridge. We had to use Paveways on a very similar target. And yeah not knowing that since it happened it the early 70’s and was the key event that ushered in precision strike weapons while acting like you’re a walking encyclopedia clearly shows you aren’t as smart as you think you are Moe
I just figured that since the Ukrainians were handing Russia their azz back to them and getting all of these weatern weapons and support, that it would have been a rather easy large stationary target.

Oh and now it’s a “random bridge” after you already acknowledged losing it would put Russian resupply lines to the southwest and Crimea under threat of continual artillery fire? You’re a water carrying hack Moe
I didn't say that. You did.

Are you suggesting the Russians don't have the capability of leveling a city with a heavy and steady bombing campaign?

Or maybe didn't have a desire to do so?

Thats WW2 strategy, not nearly what happened in Iraq. We used stealth bombers and fighters with guilded smart munitions, and hundreds of Tomahawk cruise missiles to take out every specific target we wanted to. We also cut off entire divisions of tanks and infantry on the Highway to Hell and actually destroyed over 1000 tanks in just a couple days. Russia has not BEEN ABLE to do ANY OF THE THINGS listed above. None. Zip. Zero. They have lost half as many soldiers in less than 3 months than we lost in the ENTIRE VIET NAM WAR !!! Think about that. Half a decade of the closest thing to an azz whipping the US has ever taken in Vietnam....and the Russians have lost HALF that many men in the last 3 months fighting their next door neighbor who is smaller than fecking Texas man. Damn!!!

Carpet bombing civilian occupied cities like in WW2 is a war crime these days....as it should be. No...to answer your question...NO Russia cannot do that to Ukraine because then they would be truly at war with all of NATO . Russia would be the cause of the end of humanity....and for what? A ****ing land grab of their next door neighbor? How stupid is that?

Thats WW2 strategy, not nearly what happened in Iraq. We used stealth bombers and fighters with guilded smart munitions, and hundreds of Tomahawk cruise missiles to take out every specific target we wanted to. We also cut off entire divisions of tanks and infantry on the Highway to Hell and actually destroyed over 1000 tanks in just a couple days. Russia has not BEEN ABLE to do ANY OF THE THINGS listed above. None. Zip. Zero. They have lost half as many soldiers in less than 3 months than we lost in the ENTIRE VIET NAM WAR !!! Think about that. Half a decade of the closest thing to an azz whipping the US has ever taken in Vietnam....and the Russians have lost HALF that many men in the last 3 months fighting their next door neighbor who is smaller than fecking Texas man. Damn!!!

Carpet bombing civilian occupied cities like in WW2 is a war crime these days....as it should be. No...to answer your question...NO Russia cannot do that to Ukraine because then they would be truly at war with all of NATO . Russia would be the cause of the end of humanity....and for what? A ****ing land grab of their next door neighbor? How stupid is that?
The Russians appear to be pretty damn stupid and incompetent Marcus so I wouldn’t sell them short just sayin.

Personally, it seems like the seal has been broken, and this has already begun to resolve it's self. Russia knows, and so does everyone else.

VN Store

Back