Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC Network still sucks. Even during the daytime, they clutter their channel with Paul Fineblast. instead of SEC game or film. Where are the tennis, games, track meets, and other ladies and mens sports? They are almost as useless as teats on a boar hog.
Yep, I turned it on this AM to see what they had to say about the baseball team. And it was Marty &Mcgee which I have no desire to watch.

if meant difference between 1 and 162 mil id take them
Those guys didn’t make that and would do anything possible to win a game…. They didn’t give a sh&t….. Greenies is what Ted williams and those players took to help them focus…. I don’t have an issue with that or steriods.

400 less HR, 50 point lower OBP, OPS is not even close. comparable RBI, big lead in runs scored, still Williams was tremendously better.

Tremendously better? No.

Batting avg: Cobb (.366) Williams (.344).

Cobb led the league 12 times in hitting to Williams 6.

They both led the league in RBIs 4 times.

Williams led te league in runs 6 times to Cobbs 5.

Cobb led the league in hits 8 times. Williams never did.

Cobb had much more doubles, triples and overall hits.

So as a pure hitter? There is no argument you can make to say Williams was tremendously better. A really good argument could be made, based on stats, that Cobb was the better pure hitter.

Those guys didn’t make that and would do anything possible to win a game…. They didn’t give a sh&t….. Greenies is what Ted williams and those players took to help them focus…. I don’t have an issue with that or steriods.
steroids rots your body from inside out. personal choice. made all my gains not partaking, if it were legal and I could profit by doing so in a pro capacity, id do it.

Hey, @SoilVol. I will give you 1,000 Frank bucks if you can tell me what this is, why it shows up in my landscaping every single year, and how to best get rid of it forever and ever.

View attachment 455301

There’s an app I use called Picture This. It will give you the plant. Doesn’t tell you how to kill them but may offer links to articles for more info.

steroids rots your body from inside out. personal choice. made all my gains not partaking, if it were legal and I could profit by doing so in a pro capacity, id do it.
I didn’t take either when I use to lift heavily but it doesn’t bother me that athletes take them to reach their maximum potential.

Tremendously better? No.

Batting avg: Cobb (.366) Williams (.344).

Cobb led the league 12 times in hitting to Williams 6.

They both led the league in RBIs 4 times.

Williams led te league in runs 6 times to Cobbs 5.

Cobb led the league in hits 8 times. Williams never did.

Cobb had much more doubles, triples and overall hits.

So as a pure hitter? There is no argument you can make to say Williams was tremendously better. A really good argument could be made, based on stats, that Cobb was the better pure hitter.
It’s impossible to compare across generations….. baseballs constant changing of rules of the game…..plus improved development of players makes it impossible to truly compare them….. Cobb played most of his career during the dead ball era when no one was hitting homeruns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back