Orangeslice13, a blessing to those around him…..Again

Friday was bad. Real bad. I appreciate those who reached out. And I know I don’t say much about it here. So those who don’t know…I appreciate the thoughts and prayers, they’re obviously there and appreciated. Without going into great detail JayBird had a stroke but we got it quickly so the reversal meds actually did there thing. If anything he appears to have slightly improved as a result of it.
Again thanks y’all.

Today’s positive thoughts are…..

Mindless silliness… OK.

Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy

No, forget baby sheep. The animals that will eat practically any plant are goats. They do start as kids. You bent the truth and buried the lead for what? Alliteration? 🙄

Last edited:
So…..this guy walks up to me at the gas pump and says “do you want to know how you can avoid going to hell?” . I said “F-off there is no hell” and ignored him till he walked away.
It got me to thinking about why anyone would think that’s an effective way to tell people about G-d. The other night I went to see a concert where Walker Hayes told everyone in the crowd about G-d and the Messiah whom He sent. He even called himself a “bond servant of Jesus Christ”. It was a completely different approach and a lot more effective.
The difference was WH came from a place of love. He then told a story about a guy named Craig and a song with his name that he wrote before he was a believer.

If you want to reach people don’t be a sayer of the word, be a doer of the word. Be like Craig.

shalom y’all. I hope you have a great day.

@VolNExile

So I run 3 days a week and yoga 2 days
The next week that reverses.

I tell you that to tell you this. Jack has decided that yoga time is his time to hang out with me. It definitely adds a degree of difficulty when your in a pose and the cat is trying to knock you over by loving on you.
There is something about Lying On The Floor that brings animals running. “What are you doing down HERE?”

— do you clump your two days off together (like Saturday-Sunday) or break them up?

So…..this guy walks up to me at the gas pump and says “do you want to know how you can avoid going to hell?” . I said “F-off there is no hell” and ignored him till he walked away.
It got me to thinking about why anyone would think that’s an effective way to tell people about G-d. The other night I went to see a concert where Walker Hayes told everyone in the crowd about G-d and the Messiah whom He sent. He even called himself a “bond servant of Jesus Christ”. It was a completely different approach and a lot more effective.
The difference was WH came from a place of love. He then told a story about a guy named Craig and a song with his name that he wrote before he was a believer.

If you want to reach people don’t be a sayer of the word, be a doer of the word. Be like Craig.

shalom y’all. I hope you have a great day.

God of love vs God of fear…

Reactions: Orangeslice13
An alternate answer: You know, G-d created the entire universe. Among creation, G-d may have a special care for sentients, but the universe... It's vast. Beyond human comprehension. That's humbling. Get in touch with your humility... Yeah... Be well. Do good works.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back