'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

Why not? The business side is valuing all of these similarly (on a per year basis).

A player having 1 or 3 or 5 years doesn't change the per year valuation. And we now want 1 year guys. Seems win-win, if we can land him.

Actually could argue having one year should increase the per year valuation because the bust risk goes way down. Not to mention that by definition you’re dealing with a much more known commodity.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
TCU mod:
The number I've heard is very high, I'm not going to post it because it's just hearsay. But, I highly, highly doubt TCU will match that. For everything he's wanting, TCU is the place for him. Solid QB, he knows the staff very well, offense that throws the ball and will highlight his ability and he's close to home. The being hurt that they didn't offer any more doesn't come into play since it's an all new staff. I hate to say it, but I feel NIL will come into play more than being his third or fourth factor.

The Miami board is just clapping for their NIL dude/booster, whoever is putting things together for them. They have no inside info, just leaning on the stuff that the TCU mod keeps posting on their board.

I can't find anything about this on the Ole Miss board.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolByLaw
TCU mod:
The number I've heard is very high, I'm not going to post it because it's just hearsay. But, I highly, highly doubt TCU will match that. For everything he's wanting, TCU is the place for him. Solid QB, he knows the staff very well, offense that throws the ball and will highlight his ability and he's close to home. The being hurt that they didn't offer any more doesn't come into play since it's an all new staff. I hate to say it, but I feel NIL will come into play more than being his third or fourth factor.

The Miami board is just clapping for their NIL dude/booster, whoever is putting things together for them. They have no inside info, just leaning on the stuff that the TCU mod keeps posting on their board.

I can't find anything about this on the Ole Miss board.

Like how their mod totally discounts the fact that a) we have a better QB, b) he PLAYED for this staff, doesn't just "know the staff very well" and c) we throw it even more. Not to mention that they're AT BEST the #3 program in that state and play in a rinky dink conference that's stooped to adding AAC schools including the one Robinson is leaving. You're gonna get better playing against Texas Tech's defense???

Look it's probably all moot because in the end Robinson probably SHOULD take a massive NIL deal at Miami. But that mod is showing his homer purple colors...

Like how their mod totally discounts the fact that a) we have a better QB, b) he PLAYED for this staff, doesn't just "know the staff very well" and c) we throw it even more. Not to mention that they're AT BEST the #3 program in that state and play in a rinky dink conference that's stooped to adding AAC schools including the one Robinson is leaving. You're gonna get better playing against Texas Tech's defense???

Look it's probably all moot because in the end Robinson probably SHOULD take a massive NIL deal at Miami. But that mod is showing his homer purple colors...
I try not to take it personally, just mods being mods.

Miami’s booster is just throwing crazy money out. Supposedly the DL transfer from Maryland had a nice NIL deal offer from Florida, and Ruiz told him he would double it if he cancelled the rest of his visits and commuted. People are saying it’s between $500k-$800k

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Miami’s booster is just throwing crazy money out. Supposedly the DL transfer from Maryland had a nice NIL deal offer from Florida, and Ruiz told him he would double it if he cancelled the rest of his visits and commuted. People are saying it’s between $500k-$800k
While we have scaled back according to AP🙄

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

That’s a long commute from Maryland, but for $800k…I guess as long they covered my fuel costs.

Miami is just blatantly having 1 booster just paying players out of his pocket lol.

Aside from that TCU mod, nobody seems to have any info.

Miami board feeling pretty good about their chances, but it seems to be based solely on what the TCU mod previously posted.

TCU- closest to home
Ole Miss- their WR room is barren
TN- you'll get nothing but 1v1s due to bru and tillman
Miami- Desperate and offering the biggest bag

We also have the best QB by a mile, play in the SEC, just put Velus into the 3rd round, and he knows our coaches better than any of the other staffs. Oh, and Miami plays in front of 25K.

We also have the best QB by a mile, play in the SEC, just put Velus into the 3rd round, and he knows our coaches better than any of the other staffs. Oh, and Miami plays in front of 25K.
And we have the most toxi... passionate fans. And a little bit of NIL to throw into the recipe.

Doesn’t just know the staff, this staff is the one that recruited and offered him out of high school. Really believe TCU has that going against them. Miami is higher nil but I have to think we’re close.

VN Store

Back