'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

I don't think you can run hard for 5 straight plays at WR unless they are short routes.
I'm sure they mix up the playcalling to not overburden our players. But I also think part of the advantage of the system is we recruit players who can outlast the opposition. Also, if our depth can too, woo boy.

But the drop happened.
Hyatt and Calloway are still unproven. Whi knows how much they will produce at UT. Robinson isn’t unproven.

Does someone have video of the drop? I faintly remember being upset by it but a reminder of how bad it was would be good.

I'm sure they mix up the playcalling to not overburden our players. But I also think part of the advantage of the system is we recruit players who can outlast the opposition. Also, if our depth can too, woo boy.

I will be watching this year to see if we move receivers around to force matchups with defenders who have had to defend multiple deeper routes while our guys are running short routes on other defenders on the previous play(s). Not sure what the magic is, but CJH always seem to have a guy open for some reason. TV coverage makes that tough to assess with consistency.

I have also wondered if the sequence of reads changes on the same plays based on the favorable matchups when the defense is reacting with speed to formation changes play to play.

I will be watching this year to see if we move receivers around to force matchups with defenders who have had to defend multiple deeper routes while our guys are running short routes on other defenders on the previous play(s). Not sure what the magic is, but CJH always seem to have a guy open for some reason. TV coverage makes that tough to assess with consistency.
The speed of play doesn't help either, haha. I wonder if there's someone who's broken down film to this degree. @ChattaTNVol have you seen anything regarding matchups against "tired" players?

Checking the Miami, TCU, and Ole Miss boards the last 24 hours:

Miami:
Miami hasn’t been shy about their NIL efforts and I believe those putting packages together for Hurricanes players could make a strong offer to Robinson should the opportunity come up this week. It could reflect how much they want/need another wideout.
Spring game film against crummy coverage doesn't make him worth a roster spot
This guy is 100% a take

TCU:
So we’re in the running with possibly the 3 most bald faced pay for play operations in the sport. Cool. I’d love to land him but I’m not going to hold my breath.
(Mod) has already said that we have no problem matching whatever Ole Miss was offering. So it looks like we’ve come to play for his services.
I still have to say...I only slightly understand TCU's interest in this kid. I can see he's obviously talented and mas talent es bueno. But for a possible one and done WR, coupled with our current roster and the talent we have coming in - - it leaves me scratching my head. There is only so many offensive plays in a game and only one football. Forgive me for saying this - but I'm not losing any sleep on this kid. And would you really blame him if he eventually decides against coming to TCU? He's likely only looking at 3-5 touches (at most) per game. I honestly think he should stay at UCF.
He is obviously very talented, but it is probably the least position of need for us. He’s also coming off of an injury. I’m happy to have him, but I’m also not going to lose sleep if we don’t land him. Ole Miss seems to be the place that seems to have the thinnest depth at receiver imo.
Want to catch balls to showcase yourself for the NFL, you don’t go to the Ole Miss or Miami this year. Both of those schools are going to strive to run it more than they throw it. It’s for that reason that I believe this is a TCU vs Tenn race.

Recently from a mod:
Miami may be the dark horse here. Have heard they are offering a big number in NIL, more than the others.

This is why AP said NIL vs Draft stock, we are the latter
We said he valued that above NIL.

Hard to say he will stay true to that when the metaphorical bags are presented before him.

However, us still offering a decent NIL deal packaged with better odds at improving his draft stock should give us a good chance

Reactions: De La Cloobs

Hard to say he will stay true to that when the metaphorical bags are presented before him.

However, us still offering a decent NIL deal packaged with better odds at improving his draft stock should give us a good chance

Isn’t worth it.

? On Monday Night Chat: So Miami would be just for NIL. If he knows Heupels offense there would be no learning the offense but Miami he would have to learn a new offense which might hurt his production on the field.
AP Answer :Yeah it’s why I said decision on production and building draft stock vs NIL
We don't know what he values more

Reactions: MrVolton
Checking the Miami, TCU, and Ole Miss boards the last 24 hours:

Miami:

TCU:

Recently from a mod:

Which mod said that about Miami? Theirs or one of ours?

I mean, you don't all of the sudden decide to visit Miami if it's not about NIL. I don't begrudge him trying to drive his value higher with a bid from them, but I hope in the end he chooses the far superior program and situation over (potentially) a few more near-term dollars.

? On Monday Night Chat: So Miami would be just for NIL. If he knows Heupels offense there would be no learning the offense but Miami he would have to learn a new offense which might hurt his production on the field.
AP Answer :Yeah it’s why I said decision on production and building draft stock vs NIL
He said in an interview he values draft stock more.

Does someone have video of the drop? I faintly remember being upset by it but a reminder of how bad it was would be good.
I don’t but I’m sure it’s not too hard to find. With his speed he had an excellent chance of getting into the end zone and the games momentum turned dramatically after the drop.

Miami or Tennessee. Just reading the kids interviews and progression, I think he ends up at Miami. Seems to be really trying to convince himself there is the place to go in the last interview I read but I think it was after a visit there. I think he’s comfortable with Heupel and Tennessee. If Miami is throwing big NIL numbers at a one year player I’m good with him landing there. We need to land kids but we need to be smart with our money and force others to overpay as well.

Miami or Tennessee. Just reading the kids interviews and progression, I think he ends up at Miami. Seems to be really trying to convince himself there is the place to go in the last interview I read but I think it was after a visit there. I think he’s comfortable with Heupel and Tennessee. If Miami is throwing big NIL numbers at a one year player I’m good with him landing there. We need to land kids but we need to be smart with our money and force others to overpay as well.
They may be giving him an offer he can't refuse...

Reactions: Devo182
Yep. Dude isn’t worth a 1 year NIL deal. Now if this were Addison? Completely different story.
Why not? The business side is valuing all of these similarly (on a per year basis).

A player having 1 or 3 or 5 years doesn't change the per year valuation. And we now want 1 year guys. Seems win-win, if we can land him.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back