Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way to show the reason why in a picture...but the Sequoia grove is my favorite, well I can't really say favorite, the setting just produced a strange feeling that I have rarely ever felt...it's hard to describe....just pure awe. A weird mixture if feeling puny and insignificant, but warm and protected at the same time.

I didn't show the one of me sitting at the bottom of that giant for scale...but it was almost a football field tall and wider than my house at the bottom, and they were all around us.

All the other great spots were spectacular and breathtaking, and most of them also make you feel small and insignificant (like Taft, Glacier and Olmsted Points, or Tunnel View and many spots along Big Sur) but none of them gave you that strange warm protected feeling.
What's insane in thinking about the great forests in the Eastern US is that most are less than 100 years old since they were logged the last time. What I wouldn't give to be able to walk in Tennessee when it was still an old growth forest everywhere. We have a couple oaks/osage orange on the farm that were in an area they couldn't log, and those trees are massive.

Don't let the "Boogie Man" get ya today.....................................

64X5.gif

jason-voorhees-friday-the-thirteenth.gif

It saddens me....I know it had happened in the 70s and 80s too, before we took our turn stomping their ass for a decade, but it still just saddens me and infuriates me that the powers that were let this happen.

“The powers that were….” I love that phrasing. Better days ahead folks.

There is no way to show the reason why in a picture...but the Sequoia grove is my favorite, well I can't really say favorite, the setting just produced a strange feeling that I have rarely ever felt...it's hard to describe....just pure awe. A weird mixture if feeling puny and insignificant, but warm and protected at the same time.

I didn't show the one of me sitting at the bottom of that giant for scale...but it was almost a football field tall and wider than my house at the bottom, and they were all around us.

All the other great spots were spectacular and breathtaking, and most of them also make you feel small and insignificant (like Taft, Glacier and Olmsted Points, or Tunnel View and many spots along Big Sur) but none of them gave you that strange warm protected feeling.

Your picture of the Sequioa is what kept my attention. I have zero doubt I would get a touch emotional experiencing a grove like that.

Woo pig sooie

In all my years I have never seen a ballplayer pretend to that extent about being hit. Most have too much pride to do something like that. Then for Van Horn to go act out just proves he's a wuss as well. The ump deserves a raise and the player deserves a SEC suspension.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back