'22 SC SF Julian Phillips (Tennessee commit)

The expectations for this guy are going to be through the roof next year. If he doesn’t have an elite 1&D level impact then he will certainly be viewed as a disappointment wherever he chooses

I agree. With the NIL money he's probably going to receive, I wonder will he do for us what Jabari Smith did for Auburn. He must be that elite type of player for CRB to be so patient with his recruitment. Will he go type 5 in the 2023 NBA draft?

What I don’t like is that posters over time are making assumptions about the kids character. He hasn’t handled this any different than a normal recruitment. All the assumptions about what he wants are coming because of second hand quotes and stuff like that lol. Just because he hasn’t picked a school(your favorite school) in a timely manner people have made up things about him and his character.

What I don’t like is that posters over time are making assumptions about the kids character. He hasn’t handled this any different than a normal recruitment. All the assumptions about what he wants are coming because of second hand quotes and stuff like that lol. Just because he hasn’t picked a school(your favorite school) in a timely manner people have made up things about him and his character.
I think a lot of that comes from the “how can you pick the dirty Will Wade option” in the first place. That in itself doesn’t make the kid dirty, but it does lead credence to some of the questions raised.

I think a lot of that comes from the “how can you pick the dirty Will Wade option” in the first place. That in itself doesn’t make the kid dirty, but it does lead credence to some of the questions raised.

I’m just glad to see that POS off the court.

He deserves everything that’s coming to him.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I can’t agree with that. The typical sociopath is very charming and convincing. He didn’t sign all those great classes because those kids are bad, or stupid. Wade signed them because he is really good at hiding his true character. I can’t blame an 18 year old for missing that.

And I get but there’s been countless kids to sign with a dirty coach that for all we know were excellent kids. I get having questions but some people have downright come out and made Julian some entitled kid. He hasn’t said a word lol.

I can’t agree with that. The typical sociopath is very charming and convincing. He didn’t sign all those great classes because those kids are bad, or stupid. Wade signed them because he is really good at hiding his true character. I can’t blame an 18 year old for missing that.
Yes, I agree with that. Just saying that most people see what seems like the obvious and proceed to bash the guy because they think he undoubtedly chose Wade for the wrong reasons. The fact is no one knows, but I can certainly understand the comments made. I never agree with bashing a kid, but others sometimes do.

After talking to people at Auburn this morning (not the lunatics on Twitter, people who actually know what’s happening in the AD) I’m convinced he’s either going to UT or pro and our offer is better than the pro offer so I’m saying Vol. Word from Auburn is that Pearl and son have come up short in their attempts to sway him.

I call bs on this - these players signed because of the strong arsed offers which has now become the norm due to NIL. JMO

I call bs on this - these players signed because of the strong arsed offers which has now become the norm due to NIL. JMO
Whether they took money or not (some definitely did) doesn’t change my position. They had to trust him to sign. LSU isn’t the only school that was paying. More did than didn’t.

Whether they took money or not (some definitely did) doesn’t change my position. They had to trust him to sign. LSU isn’t the only school that was paying. More did than didn’t.
I realize this is a debate of opinion, but don’t know how much trust is required when one coach has a sack of money for you and another follows the rules and doesn’t offer illegal benefits especially if the recruit isn’t particularly well off. Sort of like Monty Hall on Let’s Make a Deal. You want the cash shown or the potential better development behind curtain number 1?

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back