Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banks is a dog. He's got that Jennings energy. I like him. He's one of my favorite players on this team. I believe he's going to have a really good season.
Completely agree with this. There can be a very large middle ground in between. Opinions are too much of false dichotomies these days.

JJ was very good for us and we'd take another like him in a heartbeat and yet he was a late rounder...not an AA or even all-SEC. All we need is "very good"...we don't require 1st round talent or all-thisorthat to succeed. It would help, but what we've had the last 15 years is far, far from that. Just give Heupel and the program a bit of that and we'll roll.

Completely agree with this. There can be a very large middle ground in between. Opinions are too much of false dichotomies these days.

JJ was very good for us and we'd take another like him in a heartbeat and yet he was a late rounder...not an AA or even all-SEC. All we need is "very good"...we don't require 1st round talent or all-thisorthat to succeed. It would help, but what we've had the last 15 years is far, far from that. Just give Heupel and the program a bit of that and we'll roll.

Tennessee needs guys who continue to take the next step. X player leaves Y players takes over the roll. Not only are you creating a trend but you can sell recruits on the WR factory we know and love.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
If he can learn when to turn it on and off Banks can absolutely play his way into the league this season.
I'd sure expect so. And if he lands in-between, would love to have him back to spearhead the '23 defense. I believe he'd have 1 more year due to the free season. Win-Win

Reactions: Dudleys87
I hope he does so well this year that he makes some of you look like idiots for degrading our players...again

My only issue with Banks has always been his tendency to take things past the whistle.

If Banks can continue to grow and develop his game the sky is the limit for him and the never ending need for LBs

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I'd sure expect so. And if he lands in-between, would love to have him back to spearhead the '23 defense. I believe he'd have 1 more year due to the free season. Win-Win

Another year and I personally think he could/should be able to call the defenses from the middle. Just like the OG dog we know and love. By no means am I comparing the two but if he can take that big of a step and call plays with the ability to fly around without thinking he has all the potential to finish his career as a really good LB at Tennessee.

My only issue with Banks has always been his tendency to take things past the whistle.

If Banks can continue to grow and develop his game the sky is the limit for him and the never ending need for LBs
A lot like Derek Barnett. Comes with the territory, but yeah as a fan it's aggravating as hell. But in our moment of anger at the dumb penalty twice a year...we forget all the good that drive creates for guys like that.

Congratulations @InVOLuntary ! Why didn't you tell us about your record?

85282281.jpg

Then most of you didn’t watch them both play. The main reason you are saying that is because HT left us. If HT would have stayed he would have easily been our best LB. Take off the orange colored glasses.

There’s a lot of reasons why I despise HT.
Please don’t make him about to be some folk tale hero when there’s plenty of film to suggest he’s above average.

A lot like Derek Barnett. Comes with the territory, but yeah as a fan it's aggravating as hell. But in our moment of anger at the dumb penalty twice a year...we forget all the good that drive creates for guys like that.

And that’s where my frustration started. I get that it comes with his job and he wants to “finish plays” as they say. When you see it drive after drive and sometimes multiple on the same drive it’s hard not to become critical. I appreciate his time and efforts to become a better player and hope like hell he gets drafted. It would be one hell of a way to close out his career and begin another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back