Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t get the NCAA’s argument they are basically saying that high school recruits do not deserve legal money until they get to college, because alumni/booster run NIL businesses signing these guys out of high school is bad…my question is why is that bad? They are going to get paid in college why should they wait till they get there to sign a contract for their NIL? Lol it makes absolutely no sense other than to limit the schools who made the most of the opportunity in a free market

And besides, the real problem is schools pulling BS like USC did with the Pitt WR. They used NIL to get him to transfer. That should be tampering, and it should be illegal. We'll see what comes of it. But I don't see any way the NCAA could legitimately target us as everything Spyre did was legal. Rules have changed. There was an NCAA rule that players couldn't be paid. Yet now they can. They can't punish a school and not expect a lawsuit, and the law is on the side of the schools. NCAA cannot win this.

And besides, the real problem is schools pulling BS like USC did with the Pitt WR. They used NIL to get him to transfer. That should be tampering, and it should be illegal. We'll see what comes of it. But I don't see any way the NCAA could legitimately target us as everything Spyre did was legal. Rules have changed. There was an NCAA rule that players couldn't be paid. Yet now they can. They can't punish a school and not expect a lawsuit, and the law is on the side of the schools. NCAA cannot win this.

I get your points, but if everyone reads the article, it’s filled with quotes of ADs at power 5 schools like Colorado saying they are angry the NCAA isn’t prohibiting the collectives and demanding they do so. This is coming from certain schools. Membership of the Association fighting among themselves. This is likely the fight that will define what’s next with cfb (perhaps this battle will be the end of the NCAA because these crap schools like CO can’t compete and should step aside).

I get your points, but if everyone reads the article, it’s filled with quotes of ADs at power 5 schools like Colorado saying they are angry the NCAA isn’t prohibiting the collectives and demanding they do so. This is coming from certain schools. Membership of the Association fighting among themselves. This is likely the fight that will define what’s next with cfb (perhaps this battle will be the end of the NCAA because these crap schools like CO can’t compete and should step aside).
There will be a new "Super League" of the biggest/best schools that separates from the NCAA and governs itself.

I really hate this NCAA stuff. It makes me nervous. I just don’t like it.
It could get real ugly for a while. They are going to pick a few schools to go after and those schools will have to decide whether to take it or try to drop out of the NCAA and get others to break away. May be messy. Hope we aren’t the target but the Nico deal worries me.(I also worry that we won’t have the guts to fight it as a school)

Exactly how can they put restrictions on a federal law, they are going to congress to have them rewrite it in a way to suit their needs but there is no way that is possible and using words like “booster” is a grey area. They want athletes to get paid while in college not while in high school…my question is why does it matter if the end result is them getting paid anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back