'19 CA ATH/WR Horace "Bru" McCoy (Tennessee commit)

For various reasons, there hasn't been a genuine opportunity to see what he's capable of. He got PT as a Fr in '20 but was out last year I believe due to the legal stuff. He's physically mature and deep into his eligibility but essentially a rising Sophomore in real experience.

FWIW, the three guys ahead of Bru at USC in '20 were this year's #8 pick, a 4th rounder from last year, and a guy who signed with the Colts as an undrafted free agent in the year before that. Kind of impressive that a Fr had any production at all behind a group like that.
Not that it really matters but Pittman was a R2 guy not undrafted

Coach leaving is probably one reason.

Fresh restart is probably another. He wasn't having much luck at USC. Stock had dropped quite a bit. Saw what Hype did for Velus. Makes sense to me.
I may be completely off but I thought he didn’t get along with Helton? Seems like he was upset the athletics dept didn’t support him after the charges were dropped bc there just wasn’t enough evidence to support them.

I may be completely off but I thought he didn’t get along with Helton? Seems like he was upset the athletics dept didn’t support him after the charges were dropped bc there just wasn’t enough evidence to support them.
That's what I thought, as well. Riley tried to get him to stay, but he felt betrayed by the SC athletic department, is what I had heard. Sounds like he just needed a fresh start, honestly. He tried twice at SC and it didn't work out either time despite being his dream school.

Could Bru be a Da'rick Rogers type without the weed and saddle bags ? Talented was Da'rick and he had good production just lacked in brains department

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Deep dive by the LA Times on his legal journey at USC. I’ll spoil the ending:

The same day, in an interview with VolQuest.com, McCoy was asked what made Tennessee the right fit.

“They’re doing things the right way here,” McCoy said. ‘They’re taking care of players the right way, they’re taking care of the off-the-field — everything you could want out of a school.”

Why did Bru McCoy leave USC? Court filings offer some answers

Could Bru be a Da'rick Rogers type without the weed and saddle bags ? Talented was Da'rick and he had good production just lacked in brains department
Kind of sad that you would bring Da'Rogers type in the conversation. Seriously, 10 years ago and counting, Different Coach, different team, different culture but yet you chose this route.
The move from USC to Tennessee tells me he has the brains to do the right thing and exit from the environment that was holding him back to find a fresh start.
This boils down to growing up and a he said she said event. Did it happen, don't know don't care. Bru was smart enough to exit the situation and we have received the benefit of it.
Yet, some posters seem to look at the negative aspects of it.
No need to bring Da Rick Rogers into the picture....

Kind of sad that you would bring Da'Rogers type in the conversation. Seriously, 10 years ago and counting, Different Coach, different team, different culture but yet you chose this route.
The move from USC to Tennessee tells me he has the brains to do the right thing and exit from the environment that was holding him back to find a fresh start.
This boils down to growing up and a he said she said event. Did it happen, don't know don't care. Bru was smart enough to exit the situation and we have received the benefit of it.

He said maybe he could be like DaRick football wise, but use better judgement. Then you imply that he’s using better judgement by transferring out of a bad situation. You’re somehow making his point for him, yet arguing and WAY overthinking his post. That’s some exhausting mental gymnastics.

He said maybe he could be like DaRick football wise, but use better judgement. Then you imply that he’s using better judgement by transferring out of a bad situation. You’re somehow making his point for him, yet arguing and WAY overthinking his post. That’s some exhausting mental gymnastics.
Not mental gymnastics just a fine tune brain that gets ahead of itself at times. The Dooley era Kiffin era backend are periods I wish we could erase from history. It is like PTSD at time and Da Rick Rogers as good as he was is someone or period of time I don't care to remember.

Umm wtf ? I wasn't talking about Bru being anything other than talented. He has the size and speed by all accts of a Da'rick Rogers that is the only COMPARISON I made of the TWO players. If he can have the impact and abilities Da'rick had it can change the dynamic of THIS OFFENSE. Nothing more and nothing less. Besides imo whatever the BS was at USC has no bearings at all here.

Reactions: FBtime

VN Store

Back