'19 CA ATH/WR Horace "Bru" McCoy (Tennessee commit)

He'd have to have one hell of a year to do that. NFL doesn't care what they were rated coming out of HS. They care about production while in college. Bru hasn't been that productive yet. My guess is we'll have him for at least 2 seasons, but if he does put up just outrageous numbers this year, he might very well consider going pro. Either scenario could be good for us.
The draft would be much easier to predict if NFL teams put that kind of emphasis on production, but they don't.

NFL scouts and the people who made Bru a 5 star definitely have one thing in common... A love for the measurables.

A 6-3 220lb guy that runs a 4.4 is going to go high in the draft if he proves he can produce at all.

I don’t blame you for having questions and we should probably temper expectations given his history, but with talent like he has, you have to take the calculated risk. Hopefully he has matured and sees this as his last chance to make a pro career for himself and plays like it’s a contract year.

Oh he’s 100% worth taking a flyer on. Dude has the ability to be elite. I just see people acting like getting him is going to automatically equate to having another Tillman on the field while I’m more in the camp of let’s see some production before we get excited about him. I love our offense and the WR personnel as is, but if he pops too then that’s awesome. Making low producing transfers into studs and potential draft picks only helps us with the portal moving forward.

I’m not trying to rain on the parade here….
I would counter that....
.... I just see people acting like ....
Nah, let's exactly get excited about him. Bru !!!!

Second, we don't have space for "flyers." Heup and crew are hunting, attracting, and nabbing players. Bru is a player.

Third, if you don't want to get excited, you can lack excitement somewhere besides Bru's thread when he signs.

People who aren't excited don't have the motivation to make multiple redundant posts. You are excited, but you were excited about nagging. And now you're excited about defending or nagging about your nagging. Give it a rest.

No one needs help to know that we cannot know with certainty future events before they happen. It's not subtle to say that. It's retarded.

"I just see people acting like..." is the mark of a troll. Or a de facto troll, which is a guy, either through BVS or free-floating spite or fear, who cannot not try to play Captain Bringdown, and think he is smart when he does it.

Coach leaving is probably one reason.

Fresh restart is probably another. He wasn't having much luck at USC. Stock had dropped quite a bit. Saw what Hype did for Velus. Makes sense to me.

WOW, I guess he got a sympathy offer from our staff, talent or not. Staff must not value counters and has not asked all the right questions. Bad sign I guess.

Nah, let's exactly get excited about him. Bru !!!!

Second, we don't have space for "flyers." Heup and crew are hunting, attracting, and nabbing players. Bru is a player.

Third, if you don't want to get excited, you can lack excitement somewhere besides Bru's thread when he signs.

People who aren't excited don't have the motivation to make multiple redundant posts. You are excited, but you were excited about nagging. And now you're excited about defending or nagging about your nagging. Give it a rest.

No one needs help to know that we cannot know with certainty future events before they happen. It's not subtle to say that. It's retarded.

"I just see people acting like..." is the mark of a troll. Or a de facto troll, which is a guy, either through BVS or free-floating spite or fear, who cannot not try to play Captain Bringdown, and think he is smart when he does it.
You ever think that the guy is maybe just voicing his honest doubt?

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
WOW, I guess he got a sympathy offer from our staff, talent or not. Staff must not value counters and has not asked all the right questions. Bad sign I guess.

What I've heard is that he played 6 games during the covid year as the #4 receiver. He was expected to have a breakout season this past year but he missed the season because of domestic violence allegations. No charges were ever pressed, so he's an innocent man. Now he comes to Tennessee and he can hopefully have that breakout season.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Oh he’s 100% worth taking a flyer on. Dude has the ability to be elite. I just see people acting like getting him is going to automatically equate to having another Tillman on the field while I’m more in the camp of let’s see some production before we get excited about him. I love our offense and the WR personnel as is, but if he pops too then that’s awesome. Making low producing transfers into studs and potential draft picks only helps us with the portal moving forward.
Yup and I could definitely see Bru equaling Velus's success. Maybe even eclipsing it. No guarantees, but fingers crossed.

Not sure what you mean. Asked all the right questions? If this is about his off-field incident, it was dismissed.

He wasn't even able to play last year. And he produced fairly well the year before for a freshman, while stacked behind NFL talent on the roster.

VN Store

Back