Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
247 national guy on Bru:

“I think he’s a big, physical, super-strong kid. Unbelievable compete level, phenomenal blocker, does whatever it takes to win, great teammate. Just from a physicality standpoint, I think he’ll be one of the most physical receivers. He kind of has a game — I used to kind of compare him to, like, a Michael Irvin type, because he can use his body really well to kind of, like, box out smaller guys.

“But he’s a good athlete. He wins 50-50 balls. He wins jump balls. Super-strong hands. I think he’s got a little better athleticism than he’s given credit for.”

“What Drake London is, that’s what we thought Bru was going to be — just that dominant outside guy who just kind of bullies opposing corners and just wins those 50-50 balls, can run after the catch, super-competitive kid,” Biggins said. “I think he’s an immediate-impact guy, for sure.”

“I mean, he had the most picture-perfect high school career, and literally nothing’s gone right since,” Biggins said. “I think he knows who he is, and I think he knows what people think about him, so he’ll have a huge chip (on his shoulder) and he’ll be ready to go, for sure. …

“I think he would’ve been their number-two guy behind Drake (last year). … He kind of came on the year before, even — made some pretty big plays two years ago. Then, last year, I think he definitely would’ve had a breakout season. Just some off-the-field nonsense that was dismissed, but unfortunately one of those deals where he kind of got caught up in a situation that was not really entirely his fault.

“That’s another reason why I think he’s going to be ready to go, because I feel like he’s basically had a year kind of, like, robbed — a whole year robbed from him. But I think he would’ve had a big year last year, for sure.”

“I think that’s a huge reason why he likes Tennessee, because he knows you can go in there and catch 60 balls,” Biggins said of McCoy. “I definitely think he’ll be a guy that’ll catch 60 balls and be an immediate number-one, number-two guy. I don’t know the depth chart, but I think he has the capability of being a legit (number-)one or number-two receiver on any team.”

He is 11…. I’m at work so I will check out the video a a little later when I’m able…..He is already a decent hitter…. Bats third on his travel ball team and is the best hitter on his little league team…. The biggest issue I have seen with coaches/trainers is that so many of them teach swinging down at the ball or swinging level…… yes you do swing down and then through the zone but a kid typically just pounds it straight into the ground….. My son’s issue is that he tries to swing level….. a pitch is traveling downward at an angle….. My son drops his hands to try to swing level at the pitch and if the pitcher is a fast pitcher he swings underneath it every single time.

I don’t teach launch angle bc I feel that teaches young kids to swing up at the ball…. I don’t even feel that launch angle is a real thing…. I just feel that people use it describe the proper bat path to move in and through the zone to barrel up the baseball… I have figured out how to increase my sons bat speed and it’s looking really good…. In the cage with tee work and soft toss…. He is absolutely smoking the baseball… When I switch over to pitching to him…. He goes back to the bad habit of dropping his hands.
I'm physics dude and a downward path to the ball does not result in a ground ball if the swing is on time. If you are on time you will hit a line drive. Hit the top of the ball= ground ball, bottom of the ball = fly ball, middle of the ball=line drive.

I know you're a big baseball guy. Did you coach any youth baseball?

My husband and I are coaches of our son's team. Our defense is outstanding, probably best in the league. But our offense is driving me crazy. We have tried different lineups but have several inconsistent hitters and never know who's going to have an on or off day. I was hoping for some lineup advice if I give you a few metrics?
I have never coached baseball but I love the game. I coached some soccer because no one else would. You can email at drvenner@gmail.com, if you would like. Happy to help but will make no promises.

Hey, Morans. My basal carcinoma biopsy came back with still present cancer cells. My doctor is recommending Mohs surgery or possibly radiation. I am already leaning towards the Mohs, but wanted to know if anyone had advice before I make my final decision. @VolsDoc81TX

Thank you.
No advice. But prayers for the Great Physician to Comfort and Heal you. God Bless!!!

Yesterday Pro Football Focus came out with their way to early 1st round mock draft projections for 2023. They had Will Levis the Kentucky QB going as the 8th pick in the draft. Whoa. Really?

Okay, so how did they do in May of 2021 with their way to early 2022 mock draft projections? They had Spencer Rattler as the #1 overall pick. They had Emory Jones as the #6 pick and Kedon Slovis as the #13 pick. Kenny Pickett who was the only QB taken in the 1st round of the 2022 draft didn’t even get a howdy doo from PFF last year in their look ahead. I mean we knew that Pitt was coming to Knoxville with a pretty good QB. It's not like it was totally out of the blue. jmo.

They did have the Liberty QB, Willis, in the first round at #11 though he actually went in the 3rd round at #86 so I guess that’s a win for them. They had Sam Howell at the #2 pick right behind Rattler in the first round. Sam actually ended up being the #1 pick........of the 5th round. I don’t think that qualifies as a win. jmo.

Neither Spencer, Jones, or Slovis make the cut for their 1st round mock draft for 2023.

The reason I was looking at this is I was thinking about a subscription to PFF so I could see their grades and stats for our guys but I wanted to see some reviews of their product first. I was looking at reviews from guys who break down film on various fan sites and wanted to see how they rated the team at PFF. Almost universally they think the college product is a joke. Welp. I guess that saves me $120.

I understand it’s near impossible to predict much at all about the future but if even their grades are that suspect then where’s the value? One analyst on the South Carolina site broke down Rattler’s spring game performance, play by play, with analysis and video. What he was pointing out to their fans is that Spencer continues to play outside of structure. He can’t execute the play as designed even though it otherwise develops as intended. It’s like he’s a sandlot player. That’s been the knock on him from every source I’ve reviewed, youtubers, secstatcat, etc. I think it has to do with him being short and unable to see over the linemen but it could be that it’s just his mentality. He’s not a team player. jmo.

Missouri is still looking for a QB. Last weekend Drink had the transfer in from Baylor, Gerry Bohanon, trying to talk him into being a Tiger this coming season. I haven’t heard anything yet.

For the record, I’m calling it now. Hendon Hooker will be taken in the 1st round of the 2023 draft. I’m not naming a numerical pick that way I’ll have 32 chances of being right. I’ll be sitting on the edge of my seat during next year’s Thursday night show just waiting to bump this post to show how good my call was. lol

As for Will Levis, I think maybe he could get an UDFA deal, maybe. jmo.
Mock drafts are the biggest waste of time under sun. Sedated monkeys could predict it better. I’d actually like to see that… then let the experts comment on how the monkeys picks would impact the teams 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back