Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with that? 😅 It's relaxing and 0% chance of missing the dartboard. Stand if at home and in a hurry or in public, otherwise give me a rest off my feet.

And if it's dark, middle of the night, I'll keep my eyes closed the entire way to the bathroom, keep the light off, and sit to pee. Then go back to bed, no exposure to light and right back to bed. This is the way.
lol , you do what helps you I guess

Reactions: Devo182
Not Jack but maybe he's referencing his shockingly willful ignorance shown over years, a couple of times. He definitely came off poorly. But imo he learnt himself and his own teammate said he was convinced Brees was being genuine.

I'd much rather encourage growth and learning and understanding, hell, especially when most of your teammates are black...it's shocking it took him so long, but better late than never to come to understanding. A situation where publick backlash ended in a positive situation. No cancelling, no butthurtedness. Just him growing and becoming an ally. I'll applaud that. This is the way.
Edit: Nevermind...you people have no tolerance or understanding for those that disagree and have a different perspective on his situation.

I should have known better than to engage.

Last edited:
Many people would disagree re: 2018 Oregon St. There's just too much variance, injuries, bad umpire calls, etc to make it all about what is possibly just 1 loss/game.

You may be right some talking heads may avoid doing so, but doesn't change the facts of who the most dominant team over the course of a season is. Jmo but it's just putting undue importance on a handful of games over many dozen games.

Writers may not agree, but Vegas/power rankings/analytics would and that's who I trust. Just like UGA...didn't even win their own conference, many writers doubting them because AlAbaMa AlREady BeAt TheM. That didn't change the fact that UGA was the most dominant team all season long and Vegas knew better. If that had been a BCS season, Bama would've been the champion. Would not have changed the fact UGA was the best team and Vegas favorite.
One more thing….. look at the 85 hurricanes…. Analytics, media, Vegas was all claiming that they were going to trounce us and win the national title…. On the actual field…. Tennessee beat the h&ll out of them 35-7…. All that matters is what happens on the field…. Let’s go win a championship…. Go Vols!!!

Last edited:
Rough weekend, dad's back home and will no longer receive treatment. Most of the paperwork on things has been handled at this point, but he's got at home hospice and we'll just try to cherish what time we have left with him.

Thank you to all you morans that have kept him and our family in your thoughts and prayers (or goat sacrifices if that's what you're into...)
Having just gone through this, if there's anything I can do, questions, comfort, just an ear, I'm here. I can share my contact info. Just say the word.

Last edited:
work, my boss expects me to be here in order to get paid.
Back from Nashville. Your boss seems unreasonable. You always say you want to take a Nashville trip, then you make a lame excuse like "work" to get out of it...

Seriously, I hurt. A lot. I'm going to bed. I'll make more jokes later when I don't hurt so much.

That’s not how Vegas works….. Vegas doesn’t give two sh&ts who the most dominant team is…. They care how they feel the betting public will gamble…. They create lines and adjust lines constantly based on how they feel the betting public will wager…. They want the exact same number of people will beat on Georgia and Alabama so that the house will win the 10%…. i.e. the house always wins….. Oregon State failed in 2018 bc they lost win it mattered.
True to a degree on Vegas, but they have to balance the book and not let it stray more than a few percentage points from their real figure, so it certainly still means a lot. The only time they let it stray is when they make "a play". And all those folks betting? They are putting their money where their mouth is...so it cuts through all the B.S. and trophies for winning a luckbox tournament...it tells you who they REALLY believe is best and have analyzed is the best.

Comparing them to pollsters and writers, it's not even the same stratosphere. Otherwise you have 2016 #24 Vols at 8-4 as a deep underdog to 10-2 and #12 Northwestern. Yet Vegas had us a 9 pt favorite and we won by 39. No B.S. or who is "most deserving" (lol) just tells you who is actually considered the better team.

All in all - point is Vegas and power rankings matter waay more than writers and pollsters.

2018 Oregon St would whip 2020-2021 Miss St. Simply because Miss St won at the end doesn't make them the best team or act as a predictor of future success. They lost something like 17 games. I'd say if you matched them with 2018 Oregon St, everyone would pick Oregon St to win.

GOAT is who the best team is. Not the "most deserving" which is a garbage predictor of success. I'm talking if you lined up all the best teams of history, who would be favored if everyone put their money on it and cut out the politics and deserving factor.

Last edited:
Yeah. When the New Madrid decides to go bad things are going to happen to the eastern half of the country. Real bad things.

Growing up in Jackson……we felt tremors fairly regularly…… the “Big One” will destroy parts of western Tennessee. We even had earthquake insurance :oops:

True to a degree on Vegas, but they have to balance the book and not let it stray more than a few percentage points from their real figure, so it certainly still means a lot. The only time they let it stray is when they make "a play".
Vegas is wrong a lot…. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field….. when we beat Florida in 2001….. we were 18 point underdogs.

If we don’t win the championship then we did fail to reach our goal…. The only reason you play is to be the last team standing…. It doesn’t mean that people needs to overreact or can’t remember fondly the accomplishments that happened this season…. I am sure TV and the team would agree with that.

That's ridiculous. (90% of schools and athletes would never field aa team/play.)

If you ain't first you're last...well...not really. - YouTube

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
True to a degree on Vegas, but they have to balance the book and not let it stray more than a few percentage points from their real figure, so it certainly still means a lot. The only time they let it stray is when they make "a play". And all those folks betting? They are putting their money where their mouth is...so it cuts through all the B.S. and trophies for winning a luckbox tournament...it tells you who they REALLY believe is best and have analyzed is the best.

Comparing them to pollsters and writers, it's not even the same stratosphere. Otherwise you have 2016 #24 Vols at 8-4 as a deep underdog to 10-2 and #12 Northwestern. Yet Vegas had us a 9 pt favorite and we won by 39. No B.S. or who is "most deserving" (lol) just tells you who is actually considered the better team.

All in all - point is Vegas and power rankings matter waay more than writers and pollsters.

2018 Oregon St would whip 2020-2021 Miss St. Simply because Miss St won at the end doesn't make them the best team or act as a predictor of future success. They lost something like 17 games. I'd say if you matched them with 2018 Oregon St, everyone would pick Oregon St to win.

GOAT is who the best team is. Not the "most deserving" which is a garbage predictor of success. I'm talking if you lined up all the best teams of history, who would be favored if everyone put their money on it and cut out the politics and deserving factor.
Winning a championship is exactly what makes you the best team….. That is the ONLY thing that matters…..who cares about analytics or predictors… it’s about winning or losing…..Take the 1980 US team….. every person alive thought the Russians would kill us….. it didn’t matter bc we won where it mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back