The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

I guess Jamarco Jones and Roos get first shot at LG along with anybody else they bring in. RT still in play with no experience with Radunz and NPF.

I guess Jamarco Jones and Roos get first shot at LG along with anybody else they bring in. RT still in play with no experience with Radunz and NPF.

Wonder if we'll look at some vet help over the some? Maybe a Dennis Kelley reunion now that his brother is here? Also think we may need to add another vet WR/TE depending on cost.

After that disappointment of A.J. saying he had to make $25m per year, best draft we've had in a decade. Heavy on the SEC guys....who are the best athletes. And, usually good fits in Nashville.

After that disappointment of A.J. saying he had to make $25m per year, best draft we've had in a decade. Heavy on the SEC guys....who are the best athletes. And, usually good fits in Nashville.

Not even close. We drafted Simmons, Brown, Hooker, Nate Davis, and Long in the same year.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Not even close. We drafted Simmons, Brown, Hooker, Nate Davis, and Long in the same year.

That was a strong group. But, we will see. I like how they actually drafted to fill the needs this time. Some years, they take best player available.

This time, we have specfic needs which that addressed. And, got a bunch of special team help in the mix.

Can't get over the fact that we can pay Dupree 20 million a year to beat up people at CVS, but can't pay Brown to win games. This was my problem when he was brought in. Other then the fact that he doesn't produce is the fact that we needed to lock up Brown and Simmons long term.

Bud Dupree Cap hit
2022: 19.2 million
2023: 20.2 million

AJ Brown Cap hit
2022: 3.9 million
2023: 20-22 million

Can't get over the fact that we can pay Dupree 20 million a year to beat up people at CVS, but can't pay Brown to win games. This was my problem when he was brought in. Other then the fact that he doesn't produce is the fact that we needed to lock up Brown and Simmons long term.

Bud Dupree Cap hit

AJ Brown Cap hit

I can see that point of view.

Reactions: Vol8188
FWIW Brown was quoted earlier that the Titans actually offered $16 M and he would have accepted $22 M.

FWIW Brown was quoted earlier that the Titans actually offered $16 M and he would have accepted $22 M.

And it wouldn’t kick in until 2023. He’s on his rookie contract still this season. Can’t believe we couldn’t pay him as much as Dupree

Reactions: Vols4us

Bud Dupree Cap hit

AJ Brown Cap hit

AJ's numbers don't make sense. He got 57 million guaranteed, how can his cap hit only be 3.9 this year?

VN Store

Back