The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Delanie style guy. Staying with the committee approach.
And I hate that, defenses know what we're doing based on TE personnel. It was one of the flaws in our offense last year. We really need two solid balanced TE's.

I like the running back pick but the TE pick not so much.

Reactions: Vols4us
And I hate that, defenses know what we're doing based on TE personnel. It was one of the flaws in our offense last year. We really need two solid balanced TE's.

I like the running back pick but the TE pick not so much.

100% agree. So tired of telegraphing plays by formation/TE's in the game. IMO, the days of joker type TE's like this one are over. They use them in the slot some. But they cannot get open well due to nickel safeties. So you end up with the nickel safety who can cover him and be stronger run support at the LOS.

I will preface this by saying that I really like AJ Brown both as a player and personality, but he has been massively overhyped the last 2 days by Titans fans.

I would say he's a legit top 7-8 WR in the league, and easily the best WR1 we've had since Mason, but that's mostly because we've had such bad luck at the position. His production is anything but irreplaceable, especially in this offense.

I don't expect Burks to just walk in the door and immediately do what AJB does, but his skillset is similar and I do like that pick. If we can get even 70% of the production from Burks that we were getting from Brown, I think the move was well worth it. I know he was a fan favorite, but that's a lot of money for a WR in a run-heavy offense.

I also still believe there was something behind the scenes that we'll likely never know about that crashed the talks between AJB and our FO. Pure speculation on my part though.

We offered $20 million per year. He said $25 million was his minimum.

With our offense's style, we don't need any $25 million receiver. We really didn't need to tie up $20 million outside for one guy.

I enjoyed having AJ on the team and wish him the best of luck.

Reactions: Vols4us
Not something that will be popular but would anyone be interested in taking Araiza with one of our final two 6th round picks? Kern is 36, has missed games the past two seasons, and his average has been dropping since 2019.

Not something that will be popular but would anyone be interested in taking Araiza with one of our final two 6th round picks? Kern is 36, has missed games the past two seasons, and his average has been dropping since 2019.
TBH. If it's the 6th or 7th I don't mind taking a K or P. It's honestly probably the best value at that point. Unless you steal a Trey Smith of course.

We could have drafted Bigsby or one of their D linemen and I would have been okay with it. Well, not at #35, but 3rd or 4th round.

But McCreary is one of the most overrated prospects I've seen in years. Everyone on here will be complaining about him within the next year.

You're not the only one thinking it could be a reach. Hopefully it works out but I think Robinson is a faux Patriots GM.

Yes. All that is left to grab is a G and there are several still available or they can pick one up later.

VN Store

Back