Transfer Tyreke Key (Tennessee commit)

…is the best Rick Barnes can do? I thought he was the point guard whisperer.. we used 2 spots on 2 point guards now, the other guy was pretty good I think he was like an 11ppg n 8apg guy. I’m thinking he ends up being really good but this guy?? What’s he gonna be the 8th guy off the bench? Why waste a spot on him.

…is the best Rick Barnes can do? I thought he was the point guard whisperer.. we used 2 spots on 2 point guards now, the other guy was pretty good I think he was like an 11ppg n 8apg guy. I’m thinking he ends up being really good but this guy?? What’s he gonna be the 8th guy off the bench? Why waste a spot on him.
It's obvious you have seen him play a bunch...give us your breakdown on why his a wasted pick.

Troolll

Three perimeter guys left program- Chandler went pro and Diboundje and Bailey entered transfer portal. Makes sense to me that Coach Barnes would replace them with three perimeter guys. Signed BJ Edwards and now have Key and room for one more perimeter player I would think.

Sounds like you are saying Key isn’t good enough for UT. We will see but I think on paper he is. Texas Tech thought so, too. I’m glad he is a Vol.

Yeah man, it’s the best he can do. Forget everything he’s done. This is the best he can do. Great call buddy.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
Three perimeter guys left program- Chandler went pro and Diboundje and Bailey entered transfer portal. Makes sense to me that Coach Barnes would replace them with three perimeter guys. Signed BJ Edwards and now have Key and room for one more perimeter player I would think.

Sounds like you are saying Key isn’t good enough for UT. We will see but I think on paper he is. Texas Tech thought so, too. I’m glad he is a Vol.
So edwards , you can’t forget the other transfer I can’t remember the other guy right off the top of my head. But he averages like 8apg. So that makes 3 perimeter guys. Last year our strength was our guard play, this year it’s looking like our bigs may be the money. Need one big time guy from portal .

Nope.
I mean if Kentucky,auburn, or Arkansas signs this guy the fan base does what I just did. Wonders if that’s the best available, or if it’s the best we can do it at the time.
I just feel like we could’ve done better is all.
Uh…. Have you seen some of Arkansas’ transfers this year?

Jesus

Sir… the circus is that way 👉🏻

Nope.
I mean if Kentucky,auburn, or Arkansas signs this guy the fan base does what I just did. Wonders if that’s the best available, or if it’s the best we can do it at the time.
I just feel like we could’ve done better is all.
Hmm but I don’t recall UK, AU, or Arkansas winning the SEC championship this year. I wonder which team and coach did that?

Uh…. Have you seen some of Arkansas’ transfers this year?
They have a few good ones in Brazile and the ASU guy. The others are kinda filler guys but its probably harder to attract top-flight guys when you bring in the caliber of high school guys they brought in this year.

How many years does Key have to play?

Probably one at TN and maybe he can play a 6th year as a graduate transfer somewhere else. He played 4 seasons at Indiana State including the 2020-21 COVID freebie. He sat out 2021-22 after having shoulder surgery.

I want Collins and I think we steal Phillips. If that happens, we are fine If Key is the star of the late signing class, I'm disappointed

Reactions: swchandler1988
I only follow 2 basketball teams (vols and grizzlies) someone probably has a better comp. But he reminds me of Desmond Bane. Would be thrilled with that.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Too many guards Ziegler, Edwards, Key, Viscovi, Powell and they still want the PG from St Louis .. how many u need ??

VN Store

Back