Transfer Tyreke Key (Tennessee commit)

Slightly better than that I would hope or not much point in bringing him in.

We missed the regular season title by a game and the Sweet 16 by 8 points. The third or fourth guy off the bench being the kind of player he was pre surgery could make that difference.

Reactions: PureOrange
If he gets back to near 40% from 3 after this surgery he will be well worth it! BTO how we feeling about Collins? You said key by Sunday, so do you think Collins ends up in Knoxville this weekend for a visit?

If we are going to score 8 more ppg with him then he’s not the 8th or 9th guy! More like an All American

I’m not talking about per game I’m talking about a game where we’re shooting 2-18 from deep, having a veteran scorer like this on the bench could be the difference. We only lost 8 games all year and going cold from deep was a theme in those games. I think having a veteran shooter/scorer could have pulled a couple back for us.

Key could be a 6th man backup at both 2 or 3 if he is close to what he was prior to injury. Strong young man. Just don’t know if he is the same player or not.

Key could be a 6th man backup at both 2 or 3 if he is close to what he was prior to injury. Strong young man. Just don’t know if he is the same player or not.
Imma think the fact that defensive guys like Barnes and Mark Adams are willing to bring Key in for a visit means even if he’s giving you 5-10ppg off the bench means he’s a SOLID defender. Plenty for me to want the guy.

We missed the regular season title by a game and the Sweet 16 by 8 points. The third or fourth guy off the bench being the kind of player he was pre surgery could make that difference.

This team, if it stays healthy, could be a better team come March than this last year’s team was. A) ON, especially with another year of development, gives us an inside scoring threat that they lacked after his injury; B) Aidoo will develop. So our inside game should be far superior to what it was; C) Collins, if Tennessee lands him, isn’t Chandler, but does a lot to mitigate that loss. He was the nation’s assist leader; D) everyone else will have another year of development. JJJ could very well be a superstar; E) Key could be a guy who, when others go cold from outside, ignites the outside shooting. Could’ve used that against Michigan.

This team, if it stays healthy, could be a better team come March than this last year’s team was. A) ON, especially with another year of development, gives us an inside scoring threat that they lacked after his injury; B) Aidoo will develop. So our inside game should be far superior to what it was; C) Collins, if Tennessee lands him, isn’t Chandler, but does a lot to mitigate that loss. He was the nation’s assist leader; D) everyone else will have another year of development. JJJ could very well be a superstar; E) Key could be a guy who, when others go cold from outside, ignites the outside shooting. Could’ve used that against Michigan.

Who would have predicted that Fulmer gets his trophy in 1998? The year AFTER Peyton moved on. Still, KC will be missed no matter who fills the role.

Who would have predicted that Fulmer gets his trophy in 1998? The year AFTER Peyton moved on. Still, KC will be missed no matter who fills the role.

Agree. I’m hoping that more inside presence to balance the scoring will make this team more difficult to guard. Who know, even Plavcic could improve some as a scorer. But having ON will be the biggest benefit.

Saw Single A Harriman High School in Roane County beat his team in the state championship in 17' or 18'.....I think he had about 40 pts. I remember thinking, "Dang, Indiana State"?

...I know I know....Bird went there.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolPack22
Agree. I’m hoping that more inside presence to balance the scoring will make this team more difficult to guard. Who know, even Plavcic could improve some as a scorer. But having ON will be the biggest benefit.
I couldn’t stand him because he would always throw up bricks. If he gets better shooting he’s gonna be a problem

I have watch Key play his whole career he is a scorer one of the best in the MVC how does that stack up with SEC we shall see.I hear from family his shoulder is doing great and he added a couple inches to his vertical.He could be a huge surprise he is great foul shooter and knows how to get to the line if he lands here it will be interesting.

VN Store

Back