Pitcher levels runner.

I would bet the batter was mouthing off to the pitcher.

My son played in the Coastal Carolina League one summer. A batter hit a HR off one of his teammates, flipped his bat and trash talked the pitcher as he was rounding the bases. The next time he came up, my son was pitching and he buried a fastball right between the kid's shoulder blades. The batter shouted at the ump "He hit me on purpose, aren't you going to throw him out of the game?" The ump replied, "The next time you hit a home run, don't be a jerk about it. Shut up and take your base." That's the way the game is properly policed.
In my travel ball games in high school I used to love when kids would talk crap, especially to me catching behind the plate, because then I'd call one of our guys throwing in the mid-80s+ to give a little chin music. Every once in a while we'd get one of the slower ones in the dome.

I would bet the batter was mouthing off to the pitcher.

My son played in the Coastal Carolina League one summer. A batter hit a HR off one of his teammates, flipped his bat and trash talked the pitcher as he was rounding the bases. The next time he came up, my son was pitching and he buried a fastball right between the kid's shoulder blades. The batter shouted at the ump "He hit me on purpose, aren't you going to throw him out of the game?" The ump replied, "The next time you hit a home run, don't be a jerk about it. Shut up and take your base." That's the way the game is properly policed.

This is how we dealt with things when I played as well. I hit behind someone that got me hit more than I should have been. At least your son waited for the offending batter. Used to just hit the next guy up and no one asked questions.

Another difference, I think, is it used to be more subtle, you do not have to run your mouth to get your point across.

Baseball got away from these rules because of the obvious, hitting guys isn't the safest. However, upon further review might be a better way to police a game.

Well, if you're looking for someone who isn't afraid to compete, I'd say he's your guy!

Ehh.. joking aside, not really. He went after a defenseless player in a sport that does not allow that type of contact.

I guess if you want someone to tackle the other teams band director then he is your guy. Maybe if you are lucky if you could trick him into hitting the kicker after kick off.

Reactions: b-ball fan
What cracks me up is how everyone just gets up and goes on their way as if it never happened. Usually that would be the precursor to a huge brawl.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back