Pitcher levels runner.

This is a longer version, I didn’t see anything the batter did that instigated anything.

As he's headed front 2nd to 3rd, you can see the umpire behind the mound point at him rather aggressively and it's a couple seconds after that the pitcher goes bananas. I'm guessing he was woofing at the pitcher as he rounded the bases and the pitcher responded with a form tackle.

Wow. I've seen alot on the diamond.

Never this.

I'd suspend him for the rest of the year. Additionally, he could face assualt charges. Doubtful since the runner did finish and touch home plate so he looked to be ok.

Wow. I've seen alot on the diamond.

Never this.

I'd suspend him for the rest of the year. Additionally, he could face assualt charges. Doubtful since the runner did finish and touch home plate so he looked to be ok.

Go hug a tree..

As he's headed front 2nd to 3rd, you can see the umpire behind the mound point at him rather aggressively and it's a couple seconds after that the pitcher goes bananas. I'm guessing he was woofing at the pitcher as he rounded the bases and the pitcher responded with a form tackle.

I would bet the batter was mouthing off to the pitcher.

My son played in the Coastal Carolina League one summer. A batter hit a HR off one of his teammates, flipped his bat and trash talked the pitcher as he was rounding the bases. The next time he came up, my son was pitching and he buried a fastball right between the kid's shoulder blades. The batter shouted at the ump "He hit me on purpose, aren't you going to throw him out of the game?" The ump replied, "The next time you hit a home run, don't be a jerk about it. Shut up and take your base." That's the way the game is properly policed.

VN Store

Back