‘23 GA SDE Victor Burley (Clemson commit)

I'll take all the 5 stars!

giphy.gif

His dad. Duke is an easier job and pays just as well.

I know his dad works there. Assuming he wants to work there because his dad does/did is a bizarre assumption. So is thinking he wants an "easier" job. Or that it even is an easier job.

Most people want the better job where they can win more and which has a bigger budget. Comparing Tennessee to Duke is like comparing The Beatles to The Monkees.

I know his dad works there. Assuming he wants to work there because his dad does/did is a bizarre assumption. So is thinking he wants an "easier" job. Or that it even is an easier job.

Most people want the better job where they can win more and which has a bigger budget. Comparing Tennessee to Duke is like comparing The Beatles to The Monkees.

Yea I'm not sure what they are going on about with this one. Duke has one program that can even sniff UT's success. He's not from NC, didn't go to Duke. There's literally zero ties. Notre Dame would be the only threat at our level imo. But he seems to love it here, and doesn't seem like the easy path guy? Bizarre is correct.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Nowhere near. And their program is geared towards basketball.
Exactly, football and baseball as well as WBB doesn't matter. It's an easier job and the AD makes 1.577 mil to Danny getting 1.8 at UT. I love UT but if I can get 1.57mil with half the stress keep the extra 123k

Reactions: Smokey19rt

I'm not comparing them other than it is an easier job because they careless about football or baseball. Their fans don't go batshit crazy on Twitter, there isn't a huge media fishbowl like knoxville. I'm just saying that if he wanted a relaxing job and still make 1.5mil or more Duke would be the easy choice. 🤷🏻 I'm not saying he will go or even get offered the job.. So settle down and stop getting all antsy because I said Duke could possibly be a destination in the future for Danny. His father is a HOF AD and Danny is looking to follow up the act so far. Just happy he is in Knoxville right now.

Exactly, football and baseball as well as WBB doesn't matter. It's an easier job and the AD makes 1.577 mil to Danny getting 1.8 at UT. I love UT but if I can get 1.57mil with half the stress keep the extra 123k
His dad got that after a lifetime at the job. That’s where we STARTED. And the younger White doesn’t consider job effort “stress”. They’re definitely not going to outspend us AND fork over a buyout for an “easier” gig. Moot point. They already hired somebody.

Last edited:
His dad got that after a lifetime at the job. That’s where we STARTED. And the younger White doesn’t consider job effort “stress”. They’re definitely not going to outspend us AND fork over a buyout for “easier” gif. Moot point. They already hired somebody.
I don't expect Duke to compete with our spending but I wonder what Nina Kings salary is. Doesn't seem like Duke has released the contract info.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Do you have a competitive bone in your body? I would much rather be at an AD job like Tennessee than Duke.

I don't expect Duke to compete with our spending but I wonder what Nina Kings salary is. Doesn't seem like Duke has released the contract info.
How would u like to be Nina if basketball goes south over the next 3 to 4 years? Certainly no football to fall back on

Prolly just a shade below $1.5 mil…starting out. She’s had opportunities since 2008 but stuck around. Doubt she jumps any time soon. So if “future” is beyond 10 years, I’ll save sweat for that decade.

Prolly just a shade below $1.5 mil…starting out. She’s had opportunities since 2008 but stuck around. Doubt she jumps any time soon. So if “future” is beyond 10 years, I’ll save sweat for that decade.
Yeah I was speaking in like 6-7 years from now. Regardless that would be the better part of a decade of stability and if it even did happen hopefully we wouldn't screw it up again lol.

VN Store

Back