Four game suspension for Vitello

That’s about what I thought it would be. You get 4 games for contacting an ump in the majors so I figured on something similar in college.

Reactions: Titan05
I’m fine with Tony getting a suspension. I’m just tired of seeing a theme across all sports (amateur and professional) where officials and umpires can be actively bad at their job and wake up the next day as if nothing happened.

If an 18-year old kid is required to answer for their performance after a game, there is no reason grown men shouldn’t have to get in front of the cameras and do the same thing at the very least.

I’m fine with Tony getting a suspension. I’m just tired of seeing a theme across all sports (amateur and professional) where officials and umpires can be actively bad at their job and wake up the next day as if nothing happened.

If an 18-year old kid is required to answer for their performance after a game, there is no reason grown men shouldn’t have to get in front of the cameras and do the same thing at the very least.
😎…thought you went all racist there for a second…

Fair enough. I’m sure Tony would agree that even if the ump is a sack of crap, there’s a line you can’t cross. However- I’m curious ….. what (if any) repercussions will be laid down on the ump for blowing calls the night before and turning a baseball game into “the Jeff macias show”?

MLB has just now gotten to the point where the umpires will announce the replay decisions to the crowd. All these umpires have been coddled and protected far too long.

Per Rucker and others. He’ll be back for the finale against Florida. Anderson got a 1-game suspension.
well worth the guys getting fired up again and playing with a chip on their shoulder...........complacency doesn't work with this team. Probably shouldn't have bumped the piss ant however what's done is done

Referees/Umpires/Et al. They get a break but they are sometimes viewed as the crooked politicians of the games we follow.

So many are full of themselves and some are probably dirty in one of the biggest money-makers of our time - NCAA Sports.

Last edited:
CLEARLY TV was going to get this suspension and in no way am I defending his actions BUT Micaus is simply not an effective ump. He loses control of the game and has CLEARLY developed a “distaste” for TV. He lets the flow of the game effect his abilities to maintain control. Bama’s bench had an issue with him Friday night as well. He has become the TV Ted Valentine of college baseball and ALWAYS seems to be in the middle of the fray. Hopefully we’ll make it through this 4 game stretch without to much damage. I would be interested to know what happened with Frank to get ejected so fast Saturday night. I have a close friend who recently retired after years of umpiring in the SEC. I’ll make a call to him tomorrow and get some insight. He knows Micaus.

Last edited:
Seems a tad excessive, IMO. 2 or 3 okay. 4 seems a little much when there is absolutely ZERO consequence for the clown who instigated the entire thing.

It is long past time for officials to answer for their poor behavior. There is too much money in sports these days for officials to be “above the law”.
What, exactly, instigated the whole thing. I've yet to see/hear what drew the ire of both coaches.

And why is Anderson suspended, at all? He didn't hardly do enough, visibly, to warrant an ejection, let alone a suspension.

VN Store

Back