I need positive vibes and prayers for my wife **Update in original post**

*Update*

I have read all of these comments and she's beyond thankful and humbled. We both feel the energy you are providing us.
I was coming to see if you had updated, continuing to pray. I fully understand what it's like to be concerned for your wife, so praying for you as well.

Former Vol baseball and VFL here.

On Sunday my wife took a nasty fall down our basement stairs. I was in Florida and had to rush 9 hours home. She went to the hospital and got staples and stiches. Her CT was negative and was diagnosed with a concussion.

I took her back Wednesday because I saw changes in her behavior. I'm a RN and this is probably making it worse in a way because I'm watching every movement and I'm nervous as hell. A repeat CT was negative and she saw a neurology who says she has post concussion syndrome.

We are in the ER again because of more and different symptoms. She is back now getting a CT. Can't get MRI because of staples.

I'll be honest and tell you I'm not the most religious guy. But I will ask that everyone keeps her in her thoughts and if prayer is what you believe in, pray for her.

GBO
Prayers Sent

Reactions: xman1102
*Update* Neurology cleared my wife for home. He wanted an EEG because he thinks maybe focal seizures might be causing her repeating numbers. However, Monday would be the earliest they could do it and he didn't think she should stay a couple days for it. She already has an appointment Wednesday for the neurologist and they'll talk about the EEG again. She has staples from the fall and can't get a MRI, but three normal CT's makes him confident it wouldn't show much of anything they would need to treat.

We are humbled by the Vol family and it's why I bleed orange and know we have the best fans and people. Thank you!

*Update* Neurology cleared my wife for home. He wanted an EEG because he thinks maybe focal seizures might be causing her repeating numbers. However, Monday would be the earliest they could do it and he didn't think she should stay a couple days for it. She already has an appointment Wednesday for the neurologist and they'll talk about the EEG again. She has staples from the fall and can't get a MRI, but three normal CT's makes him confident it wouldn't show much of anything they would need to treat.

We are humbled by the Vol family and it's why I bleed orange and know we have the best fans and people. Thank you!
Have a great rest of your weekend, and a wonderful Easter!

*Update*
Doing much better today. Headache not as bad and the changes in her speech are less frequent.

Thank you again Big Orange Family. This could have been a near fatal or fatal fall had she hit her head and neck in a slightly different angle. Kiss and tell those who you love, that you love them. I'm thankful I'm able to do this.

We are home!

GBO!

*Update*
Doing much better today. Headache not as bad and the changes in her speech are less frequent.

Thank you again Big Orange Family. This could have been a near fatal or fatal fall had she hit her head and neck in a slightly different angle. Kiss and tell those who you love, that you love them. I'm thankful I'm able to do this.
Great news! God is good.
"Prayer is work...but it works."

Former Vol baseball and VFL here.

On Sunday my wife took a nasty fall down our basement stairs. I was in Florida and had to rush 9 hours home. She went to the hospital and got staples and stiches. Her CT was negative and was diagnosed with a concussion.

I took her back Wednesday because I saw changes in her behavior. I'm a RN and this is probably making it worse in a way because I'm watching every movement and I'm nervous as hell. A repeat CT was negative and she saw a neurology who says she has post concussion syndrome.

We are in the ER again because of more and different symptoms. She is back now getting a CT. Can't get MRI because of staples.

I'll be honest and tell you I'm not the most religious guy. But I will ask that everyone keeps her in her thoughts and if prayer is what you believe in, pray for her.

*Update* My wife couldn't get an MRI because she had staples in her head from the fall. I had become very very worried because she was having major speech issues that would come and go. Staples came out Tuesday and we saw the Neurologist on Wednesday. Other than her speech, everything else was back to normal. Neurologist felt very strong that if her MRI comes back normal, her speech would normalize as well. She had her MRI yesterday and it was NORMAL! This is all post concussion syndrome and in time will heal and her speech will resolve.
Again, Vol nation is amazing and we are grateful for all the kind thoughts that were provided!

GBO
Great to see the positive update my friend

Take a breath, xman. But you are absolutely correct; sometimes too much medical knowledge/training is worse than ignorance. Sounds like she is in capable hands, and I will continue to keep both of you in my thoughts. For your wife:

fla849-wh_zoom__98694.1619268803.jpg

I hope that "take a breath" did not come across as ugly or rude. I simply meant that you both deserve to breathe a bit easier now.

Reactions: xman1102

VN Store

Back