Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also have went after fans for making their own social media contentā€¦.. idiots donā€™t realize that is how you get people interested in the sportā€¦.. They use to not allow little league teams to not use MLB uniforms for kidsā€¦. This year we were told that we werenā€™t able to get themā€¦. I hope itā€™s not bc MLB is being idiots again.
Yeah. PitchingNinja was one of my favorite accounts on Twitter. Its so stupid they went after him.

Yeah. PitchingNinja was one of my favorite accounts on Twitter. Its so stupid they went after him.
I got lucky since we werenā€™t able to get MLB teamsā€¦. I got asked to be an assistant coach mainly bc my son is a decent baseball player and that would put him on that team instead of being draftedā€¦.. We are being college teams told me they were giving us college teams and there was a chance we would be Florida, Georgia, or Bamaā€¦. I told him we would quitā€¦. There was no way ,I not my son, weā€™re going to wear those colorsā€¦. I told him I would only wear Tennessee or teams outside the SEC. We would quit before we wore those colorsā€¦. We are Virginiaā€¦. Not the greatest but doesnā€™t make me want to šŸ¤®in my mouth.,

I donā€™t read here everyday; therefore, I donā€™t know if this has been discussed. If is true that they have Nico Lamaleava with a 8 million dollar NIL deal, would that not cause the coaching staff to have to play him? It is similar to the NFL in having a franchise paid QB at 30 mil a year compared to the backup making 2 mil a year but is playing better. I guess since it is truly an outside institution paying the bill it is not quite the same, but I could see that leading to issues with player disgruntlement. I can also see where a college coach has more leverage than an NFL because it is not affecting the institution that he is employed by and just could let him sit on the bench. He would still be getting the money, but not producing on yhe field. What if the starter is getting a $50,000, but the backup is getting $200,000 to sit the bench. The separation of the coach from the institution paying the bill probably makes that easier to manage than a GM and coach in the NFL, but to think that institution wouldnā€™t put pressure on the coaching staff about future interactions between the 2 is naive.

So they have a lot of misses also?
Isn't the job of the staff to improve their roster every day? They have outgoing players just like anyone else. If you replace a lesser guy with a better guy you improved your roster. They probably don't need an elite OL as much as 90% of other programs (especially Vandy) but they're better for adding a guy like him.

In 2022 not only does this turn away potential fans... It introduces the fans you do have to the wonderful world of streaming that **** for free.

MLB still the most out of touch sports league in the world. And that's saying something because all three major sports fight like hell for that title.
As a Braves fan, the most obvious harbinger was when Fay Vincent failed to kill the Superstation coverage, lost his job and Bud Selig got it done without opposition. Most of that stemmed from Ted Turner losing interest and selling the team, but Cubs fans lost out in the exchange also. Bottom line, as I thought growing up in the 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s, thereā€™s no such thing as watching TOO MANY GAMES. If the only game on television is the Pirates vs Rays, Iā€™m checking out something on Prime or Netflix and monitoring scores and stats via iPhone.

I donā€™t read here everyday; therefore, I donā€™t know if this has been discussed. If is true that they have Nico Lamaleava with a 8 million dollar NIL deal, would that not cause the coaching staff to have to play him? It is similar to the NFL in having a franchise paid QB at 30 mil a year compared to the backup making 2 mil a year but is playing better. I guess since it is truly an outside institution paying the bill it is not quite the same, but I could see that leading to issues with player disgruntlement. I can also see where a college coach has more leverage than an NFL because it is not affecting the institution that he is employed by and just could let him sit on the bench. He would still be getting the money, but not producing on yhe field. What if the starter is getting a $50,000, but the backup is getting $200,000 to sit the bench. The separation of the coach from the institution paying the bill probably makes that easier to manage than a GM and coach in the NFL, but to think that institution wouldnā€™t put pressure on the coaching staff about future interactions between the 2 is naive.

Well I certainly wouldn't pay 8mil for a kid to come here and pass water out to the other players.

Tyler Steen to Alabama as expected.

Ha, since he went to bamaā€¦bama is struggling in the transfer portal if the best that they can do is a reject from the vandy OL. šŸ˜‚

The bama stranglehold on college football is coming to an end . bama descent coincides with the ascension of Tennessee Football!

15-0 šŸ¤ 

Thatā€™s how a coach gets out of the business. Tail wagging dog stuff. Spyre dishes out the dough to get the best available talent, but they donā€™t sit in with coaches or ADā€™s. Vital requirement for NIL to be legit. Spyre is in no position to apply pressure. They serve at the pleasure of the program. Separate and nowhere close to being equal.

Ha, since he went to bamaā€¦bama is struggling in the transfer portal if the best that they can do is a reject from the vandy OL. šŸ˜‚

The bama stranglehold on college football is coming to an end . bama descent coincides with the ascension of Tennessee Football!

15-0 šŸ¤ 
Two to three deep in 5 star OL and theyā€™re still desperate for help.

They also have went after fans for making their own social media contentā€¦.. idiots donā€™t realize that is how you get people interested in the sportā€¦.. They use to not allow little league teams to not use MLB uniforms for kidsā€¦. This year we were told that we werenā€™t able to get themā€¦. I hope itā€™s not bc MLB is being idiots again.

One of my friendā€™s brother mad his own stats website for baseball. (Just for fun because he likes baseball and stats) It was so impressive that the Houston Astros hired him.
Now MLB wants him to set it up for every teamā€¦ I know, cool story šŸ˜Ž

Not terribly relevant to the MLB broadcast discussion, but this isn't the first year they've done that. I pay the $25 MLB package fee on YTTV so that I can see all* the Dodgers games.

*Except when they play the Braves, because I live in Georgia...the one series that I'd like to watch more than most of the others, I can't watch it.

Honestly, I donā€™t like the change up to wood bats when we are so hot right now. Thereā€™s a big difference between wood and aluminum. It can cause issues with swings in the games following.
These kids all play in wooden bat leagues all throughout high school. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll be fine.

Great post @ChattaTNVol

I have to agree, maybe not Pearce specifically but someone of that edge/OLB role has to be a difference maker in the backfield this season.

On offense I'd say it's someone in that RB room. Fully believe if Small or Evans either had remained healthy and played their max snaps we win a few games that were close we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back