‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Ok, I live in Charlotte, Cam had some good years and some not so good years. I have very briefly met him twice and both times he was a nice pleasant person. Said nice things to my daughter and nephew…even though my daughter had no idea who he was. I don’t hold grudges against Cam for his college days. He made mistakes in life when he was an 18-20 year old. I don’t hold that against him.

He wasn’t as good as Manning or Brady for his career, but better than some and not as good as others. It’s doesn’t make him a jerk or someone that kids should or shouldn’t look up to…not even sure how this thread turned into a Cam Newton debate in the first place.

Any chance this thread can go back to actual news about Nico
I say we talk about golf.

Reactions: VolFanNC09
When did you shift to GOAT talk? Conversation was about players that recruits have heard of.
It was about who has more clout with recruits (Cam vs. Peyton). I was actually attempting to not rehash this. But if you look at the demographic of the majority of kids that we're recruiting, it's definitely Cam. Quick proof for you with a comparison. Arch Manning is rated #1 by all the recruiting services, but Nico without a doubt has more "clout" among other recruits.

It was about who has more clout with recruits (Cam vs. Peyton). I was actually attempting to not rehash this. But if you look at the demographic of the majority of kids that we're recruiting, it's definitely Cam. Quick proof for you with a comparison. Arch Manning is rated #1 by all the recruiting services, but Nico without a doubt has more "clout" among other recruits.
Nico has like a 21 charisma in dungeons &dragons stats.

Just not seeing it. Current recruits were 9 when he was relevant. And your take on Nico’s “clout” compared to others is made up science. You’ve bounced from one end of this subject to the other. 😴

Word salad that boils down to its ok to pick your hero based on skin color, and we shan't teach our young any different
I'm black and my "hero" was Dick Butkus. You completely disregarded my post to continue to push your agenda. My son's idol was JJ Watt. All this was stated in my previous post. So who exactly is teaching their kids to identify with skin color alone? I was speaking to facts. Most kids coming up identify themselves with good players that look like them. That's a fact. Guess what? Most parents aren't teaching their kids this. It's basic psychology in a country where kids have lots of options. I've never seen a white parent rip their kid's Michael Jordan poster off the wall, and I've never seen a black parent admonish their kid for living Tom Brady and Gronk. Here's some word salad for you. The problem with this country is some people's convoluted idea of being "woke", and others insistence to push against it to the extreme. When I was a kid, my white friends would stay over at my house and their parents trusted mine to take care of their kids and vice versa. My dad was a coach and he made a difference in the lives of thousands of kids during his lifetime. This was done by embracing the individual. Taking time to understand each kids individual situation. It's not wrong for people to embrace or celebrate their heritage or culture. The lesson is that different doesn't mean better or worse. Someone saying they're a proud southerner doesn't make them a racist. Just like someone listening to rap music doesn't make them a thug. There is no color that defines if someone is a good person or not.

I'm black and my "hero" was Dick Butkus. You completely disregarded my post to continue to push your agenda. My son's idol was JJ Watt. All this was stated in my previous post. So who exactly is teaching their kids to identify with skin color alone? I was speaking to facts. Most kids coming up identify themselves with good players that look like them. That's a fact. Guess what? Most parents aren't teaching their kids this. It's basic psychology in a country where kids have lots of options. I've never seen a white parent rip their kid's Michael Jordan poster off the wall, and I've never seen a black parent admonish their kid for living Tom Brady and Gronk. Here's some word salad for you. The problem with this country is some people's convoluted idea of being "woke", and others insistence to push against it to the extreme. When I was a kid, my white friends would stay over at my house and their parents trusted mine to take care of their kids and vice versa. My dad was a coach and he made a difference in the lives of thousands of kids during his lifetime. This was done by embracing the individual. Taking time to understand each kids individual situation. It's not wrong for people to embrace or celebrate their heritage or culture. The lesson is that different doesn't mean better or worse. Someone saying they're a proud southerner doesn't make them a racist. Just like someone listening to rap music doesn't make them a thug. There is no color that defines if someone is a good person or not.
Tldr let it go

That's what I'm talking about. Where my nerds at? Nico=Goku Arch=Krillin

giphy.gif

Just not seeing it. Current recruits were 9 when he was relevant. And your take on Nico’s “clout” compared to others is made up science. You’ve bounced from one end of this subject to the other. 😴
We'll just agree to disagree. Why do you think there was all the talk about "pushin P" a few months ago? None of us even knows what that means, but recruits loved it. It doesn't have to make sense to you or me if it helps in recruiting. These kids live in the land of make believe.

Reactions: Devo182
Could not have said it better.

We'll just agree to disagree. Why do you think there was all the talk about "pushin P" a few months ago? None of us even knows what that means, but recruits loved it. It doesn't have to make sense to you or me if it helps in recruiting. These kids live in the land of make believe.
Something that you don’t even understand proves YOUR point…enough of a stopping point for me. 😏

Reactions: Ridgerunner Vol
Something that you don’t even understand proves YOUR point…enough of a stopping point for me. 😏
I don't understand pushin P. The song makes no sense. I do understand what works in recruiting. Social media isn't real life. TikTok isn't real life. But for too many in the world, perception is their reality. That's why I said these kids live in the world of make believe. Right now we have momentum because of perception. Once we get them on campus, we can sell them and their families on what's real and tangible.

Reactions: Orange.
Simple, generic way to say doing something good, in a positive way. Get a new job? You're pushing P. Waking up to a beach view? Pushing P. Hitting on your bud's girlfriend? Not pushing P.
Is pissing hot pushing P? It is a positive test after all.

VN Store

Back