‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

I'm telling you that a young man would respect Manning more than cam, now are our statements objective truth or no?
There's a whole conversation about athletes of color and the players they respect and look up to that I'm not trying to have. But most of them are not idolizing Peyton or Tom Brady. Right or wrong, it's reality.

There's a whole conversation about athletes of color and the players they respect and look up to that I'm not trying to have. But most of them are not idolizing Peyton or Tom Brady. Right or wrong, it's reality.
Man the shat you perpetuate with this line of thinking, no wonder the world is so f'd up, have the balls to say it's wrong at least instead of equivocating

Man the shat you perpetuate with this line of thinking, no wonder the world is so f'd up, have the balls to say it's wrong at least instead of equivocating
You have issues my dude. Having "balls" is stating facts on a public forum, whether it is a popular opinion or gets you likes. But for your information, I wore #51 when I was a kid playing linebacker because I idolized Dick Butkus. My kids are biracial and my son idolized JJ Watt. This has nothing to do with personal bias. Kids want to emulate athletes that they feel they can identify with in most cases. Cooper Kupp was the baddest damn man in the NFL this past season, but you won't see black kids in the inner city running routes saying I'm Cooper Kupp. You're also not likely to see a white kid in Mt. Juliet throwing passes saying I'm Lamar Jackson. If you think this is why the world is messed up, then you have some twisted thinking. Sports is one of the few places that people can put there differences aside. Whether that be culture, ethnicity, financial background, etc....But not recognizing that these differences exist off the field is where someone's line of thinking is skewed. Understanding the differences is where progress is made.

You have issues my dude. Having "balls" is stating facts on a public forum, whether it is a popular opinion or gets you likes. But for your information, I wore #51 when I was a kid playing linebacker because I idolized Dick Butkus. My kids are biracial and my son idolized JJ Watt. This has nothing to do with personal bias. Kids want to emulate athletes that they feel they can identify with in most cases. Cooper Kupp was the baddest damn man in the NFL this past season, but you won't see black kids in the inner city running routes saying I'm Cooper Kupp. You're also not likely to see a white kid in Mt. Juliet throwing passes saying I'm Lamar Jackson. If you think this is why the world is messed up, then you have some twisted thinking. Sports is one of the few places that people can put there differences aside. Whether that be culture, ethnicity, financial background, etc....But not recognizing that these differences exist off the field is where someone's line of thinking is skewed. Understanding the differences is where progress is made.
Word salad that boils down to its ok to pick your hero based on skin color, and we shan't teach our young any different

Reactions: T Dog
I was saying Josh Allen doesn't qualify for the GOAT conversation like Manning, Brady, and Rodgers.
At this point it's very silly to have that conversation.... it's Brady... it used to be a reasonable conversation between Brady and Manning... it's not anymore.... it's Brady :p

Reactions: volKano
Some of you act like he was telling him to go to Auburn.
He was giving a kid advice about doing the right things and not doing what he did. Be a good person and good things will happen for you. That’s exactly the person you want telling him about these things. He screwed up and made it. He knows how bad it is when you do the wrong things and doesn’t want other kids to have to go through it.

Nico has stated that Josh Allen is his favorite player, the person his game is most like.
Really? Seems like an odd comparison. I guess I see it in terms of their gunslinger mentality as passers, but as overall players...I don't know. Right now, if Nico tried to run like Josh Allen, he'd get broken in half.

Come to think of it, there aren't many current NFL QBs that profile similarly to Nico given his size and skill-set. Justin Herbert, maybe? Herbert and Allen (and Nico) are all very similar style passers. Allen uses his legs as a weapon, Herbert more as an option to escape when needed. That seems to be more along the lines of what I've seen from Nico's highlights. He obviously needs to gain weight, but when he does, I think he has the shiftiness and ability to move like those guys outside the pocket.

At this point it's very silly to have that conversation.... it's Brady... it used to be a reasonable conversation between Brady and Manning... it's not anymore.... it's Brady :p
Brady is without a doubt the most accomplished QB ever. Still fun to consider what Peyton would have been on those Patriot teams, do you feel they would’ve been worse with Manning than Brady?

Some of you act like he was telling him to go to Auburn.
He was giving a kid advice about doing the right things and not doing what he did. Be a good person and good things will happen for you. That’s exactly the person you want telling him about these things. He screwed up and made it. He knows how bad it is when you do the wrong things and doesn’t want other kids to have to go through it.
I don’t think anybody inferred he was recruiting for Auburn. Some aren’t as cartoon hearts over the guy as others.

Nico Iamaleava led the way for a small group of prospects who were at today’s practice. The five-star quarterback was accompanied by his father and little brother, Madden. Josh Heupel was seen talking to the bunch while the team was going through individual period.

Outside of Nico, who wrapped up a 7-on-7 tournament at Farragut over the weekend, was four-star running back Sam Singleton. He had two guests with him as well, 2023 TE Timothy Lawrence and 2023 OL Ethan Williams.

2023 three-star safety Zahbari Sandy was also on hand today.
-VQ

Ok, I live in Charlotte, Cam had some good years and some not so good years. I have very briefly met him twice and both times he was a nice pleasant person. Said nice things to my daughter and nephew…even though my daughter had no idea who he was. I don’t hold grudges against Cam for his college days. He made mistakes in life when he was an 18-20 year old. I don’t hold that against him.

He wasn’t as good as Manning or Brady for his career, but better than some and not as good as others. It’s doesn’t make him a jerk or someone that kids should or shouldn’t look up to…not even sure how this thread turned into a Cam Newton debate in the first place.

Any chance this thread can go back to actual news about Nico

Reactions: UTMVol76

VN Store

Back