Brandon Huntley-Hatfield enters the transfer portal

Rumor --- Bad Advice? Properly Handled? Called Barnes? Called CRB Demanding 30 MPG or he Leaves? I don't think he Called. I would believe he went to his office stood on the desk before I belived that all he did was call. Did he leave a Voice Mail.
Do you know many kids? I do and if you told me that BHH sent Barnes a Snapchat, I would believe it. Why would you not believe that he would call Barnes, rather than face him?
Assuming all of these rumors are true, of course.
GBO!!

So we going To rely on the transfer portal big time this year ? Don’t follow recruiting in basketball much as football so not sure what’s our board looks like and who were in on for sure. Would have loved to made
Another run at the tournament and SeC champ again.

His stats for year not good but not bad for average 12 half minutes

Attachments

• 5598D685-1F58-48E6-B034-86C5C75AFEF5.png
    5598D685-1F58-48E6-B034-86C5C75AFEF5.png
    255.8 KB · Views: 14
What has he done to even deserve an NIL deal?
About as much as to earn more minutes. Some guys struggle to be a part of a team and instead prefer to take a "me first" approach. Don't know him well enough to apply this to his case, but sometimes there's just not a good fit/match and it's a win-win for a kid to just move along.

Unfortunately I felt this would happened. He just never seemed bought in like the other players

Last edited:
Reactions: tnvols72
Let's be honest, some players and coaches dont mix . Barnes expects ....only he knows ...as a mere observer, who used to live and die with every win and loss, I see the kid as an introvert who could become a monster with the right mindset . Now , who helps/puts him in the right mind set is beyond me. Damn kid.....I hate to see you go

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Potential means nothing if he won't do the things he needs to do to realize it. This only stings if you believe the light would ever come on for him from a maturity and work ethic standpoint. He's shown nothing to suggest he's close to that happening, right now. It's unfortunate because the talent is there, but there are tons of talented kids who never reach their potential because their attitude sucks.

And how do you know his attitude sucks?

Not sure BHH is worth the effort. iDK if it’s more him, the people around him or both, but he seems to want things handed to him. He had Vescovi and JJJ pushing for him this year, going to Barnes to put him in the lineup. He didn’t really respond, just don’t think he is ever fit in with the team culture. Probably best that he’s leaving, but we do need to land another big.
Also, I believe he should have been a senior in HS this year, declaring early LY? Could tell it started coming to him...needs more edge and a little time in the weight room...he's got all the tools. Sorry to see him go...need him. Going to have to hit the portal for some muscle in the box.

Potential means nothing if he won't do the things he needs to do to realize it. This only stings if you believe the light would ever come on for him from a maturity and work ethic standpoint. He's shown nothing to suggest he's close to that happening, right now. It's unfortunate because the talent is there, but there are tons of talented kids who never reach their potential because their attitude sucks.

Am I mistaken in my impression that we've chiefly had these attitude problems (and consequent transfers) with our 4s and 5s? If I'm not mistaken, any thoughts as to why the attitude problems should be concentrated in those postions?

Barnes isn't the easiest coach to play for. I think Chandler was rumored to be struggling with coach's hard style early on. Not all players can handle it.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Am I mistaken in my impression that we've chiefly had these attitude problems (and consequent transfers) with our 4s and 5s? If I'm not mistaken, any thoughts as to why the attitude problems should be concentrated in those postions?

Big posts are needed down low with their backs to the basket in most college programs. Almost all of them picture themselves playing on the perimeter in the NBA. Uros and Fulk bought in. Admiral didn’t at first. I don’t remember BHH battling much at all in the paint.

He had the inside track to start at the 5 next year on a potential top 10 team, or at worst play "starters" minutes.Where does He think he'll go that would be a better situation than the one he's leaving ?!

I still didn’t believe the light was even close to coming on for him. Therefore, there is no sting to me as far as his future here. Given the choice today, I would take Aidoo over BHH any day of the week.

Reactions: LAVol1

VN Store

Back