Brandon Huntley-Hatfield enters the transfer portal

Rumor is he is getting some bad advice from his mom who thinks he isn’t being handled properly here. He skipped practice yesterday and then allegedly called Barnes demanding he be guaranteed 30 MPG or he leaves. You can probably guess how that went over with Rick.

Rumor --- Bad Advice? Properly Handled? Called Barnes? Called CRB Demanding 30 MPG or he Leaves? I don't think he Called. I would believe he went to his office stood on the desk before I belived that all he did was call. Did he leave a Voice Mail.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
BHH evidently has a group of “advisors” who expected more this yr (talk of him going pro this year was crazy talk). Whenever the player doesn’t meet the advisors expectations, it’s gotta be coaches fault. The advisors can’t say “you’re not ready” when they’ve preached “1 yr here” for sometime. Probably looking for mo NIL money.
His inner circle is going to destroy his career. I honestly feel bad for him.

I wonder if they have contacted the big men in the portal from Morehead St or Murray St? To me they are both better than BHH.

Reactions: Caculator
This generation wants everything quick. You have to work hard young man. I follow the women's game and the transfer portal is just as bad maybe worst. I feel like some parents and the people in these players' ears are not being 100% true with them. Or they have a false sense of reality. A lot kids want to be the superstar on the team and want the spotlight on the team. Everyone is not built for the NBA or have the skill set and I wish a lot of these so call "advisors" will realize that. I wish the young man the best and I hope he haven't ruined his career with this decision. If he's going to Georgetown, this is more than likely that coaching staff's last season. There is so much parity in the men's game that you are going to be challenged to make the rotation and play major minutes at any Power 5 school and some mid-majors no matter where you transfer to.

I wonder if they have contacted the big men in the portal from Morehead St or Murray St? To me they are both better than BHH.
The Morehead State kid is waiting to see if Tshiebwe enters the draft. If so, he’ll get a UK offer and will end up there.

If he went to Barnes and demanded 30 minutes per game or he was leaving, I hope Barnes said "please close the door on your way out". If a coach ever gives in to the demands of one player, every other player who is not satisfied with their minutes will be standing in line with the same demands. I don't care if he happens to be the worst coach in the business, you can't give in.

I sure hope Rick and his staff are making an offer they can't refuse to some productive replacements in the portal.
Otherwise, our roster's going to be too depleted to put up much of a fight next season.

Reactions: SlyStone
Maybe the staff was picking up on a lack of dedication and an over supply of bat **** crazy handlers early on and that resulted in fewer minutes until ORN went out with his season ending injury. Reading the attitude and they could have seen the writing on the wall long ago.

Maybe he will receive total consciousness at his new school. So he’s got that goin' for him, which is nice.

70C1FAEC-F323-4EF6-A323-E091AC714562.jpeg

I sure hope Rick and his staff are making an offer they can't refuse to some productive replacements in the portal.
Otherwise, our roster's going to be too depleted to put up much of a fight next season.
That’s what some of y’all said this time last year too.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Hate to see it. He’s the fourth player we’ve lost: Tamba, Bailey, and Diboundje.
I didn't like losing Bailey, even though he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. He had a lot of potential. BHH I hope is just him trying for a NIL deal or something. Hope he stays.

I think Barnes is finished with trying to convince BHH of anything. Ball is in Brandon's court, now.
There’s absolutely no way Barnes is going to cave to any guaranteed playing time demand. There are literally hundreds of guys in the portal who can give us his 4 points and 3 rebounds a game without the drama.

VN Store

Back