Tamba to the transfer portal

Not really. He said, "doesn't count" as in, "remember, fulkerson doesn't count with respect to our scholly numbers"
Sure. Why bother with clarity when you can just be dismissive? He does that a lot and I guess I ran out of tolerance for it.

Sure. Why bother with clarity when you can just be dismissive? He does that a lot and I guess I ran out of tolerance for it.
I'm not aware of the history here. I read the comment and didn't detect any snark. Your comment came across as overly sensitive. But, again, I wasn't aware of a history here. I'll leave it alone.

I've read this forum regularly for seven or eight years. I've always found cnchris33 to be respectful, sensible, and knowledgeable. I detected nothing remotely dismissive in the message to which you took offense.

Graduating Fulkerson too.
He doesn't count.
But he is graduating. I'll be interested in seeing what convoluted change of definitions or context you choose for your next post.

I think it's pretty clear who escalated the situation. You made an innocent, though incorrect statement. You were gently corrected, and then you immediately flew off the handle. Your initial post was wrong which you've still failed to acknowledge. How about just saying, "yo, my bad, didn't know that rule."

For the record, the reason @cncchris33 didn't give more clarity and why another poster accused you of being a drive by fan is that the COVID year scholarship rule has been posted in the basketball forum at least 500 times at this point. He likely assumed you already knew since it's been posted over and over and over...

I think it's pretty clear who escalated the situation. You made an innocent, though incorrect statement. You were gently corrected, and then you immediately flew off the handle. Your initial post was wrong which you've still failed to acknowledge. How about just saying, "yo, my bad, didn't know that rule."

For the record, the reason @cncchris33 didn't give more clarity and why another poster accused you of being a drive by fan is that the COVID year scholarship rule has been posted in the basketball forum at least 500 times at this point. He likely assumed you already knew since it's been posted over and over and over...
That's fine. I'm wrong. I apologize for being short tempered. It hit me wrong but is apparently reasonable.

Edwards will take Chandler’s spot. So does that give us two open scholarships with Bailey and Tamba in the portal??

It wouldn’t surprise me if one more player enters the portal.

Edit- meant Edwards

Last edited:
So Bailey in the portal and now this kid. Plus Chandler will most likely leave.

Coleman take some spot so that gives us two more to fill, correct, assuming Chandler leaves? I know Fulky doesnt help or numbers since he took the extra covid yr .
Who’s Coleman?

Really hate that Tamba is leaving. You can’t teach height and we’ve had very few rim protectors over the years. Hope QD doesn’t leave too. I think he could be a big time scorer for us down the road.

Really hate that Tamba is leaving. You can’t teach height and we’ve had very few rim protectors over the years. Hope QD doesn’t leave too. I think he could be a big time scorer for us down the road.

There's always tall kids you can recruit. Tamba wasn't likely to ever play major minutes here and was going to be recruited over each year.

Reactions: SlyStone and Tnphil

Coleman take some spot so that gives us two more to fill, correct, assuming Chandler leaves? I know Fulky doesnt help or numbers since he took the extra covid yr .
Chandler has declared for the draft.

5 are leaving:
Fulkerson
Bailey
Tamba
Chandler
Deboundje (not official)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Fulk was the 14th spot in a one year only exception to the 13 player limit.

BJ Edwards is taking one of the 4 spots that will be available.

3 spots will be available. 2 if Deboundje does a 180.

Edwards will take Chandler’s spot. So does that give us two open scholarships with Bailey and Tamba in the portal??

It wouldn’t surprise me if one more player enters the portal.

Edit- meant Edwards
The word up here in George Mason Univ. country is that Bailey has already committed to Mason (Atlantic Ten Conference) where Kim English will be in his second year of being Head Coach. English had a better than expected first year with wins over Maryland and Georgia,

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
The word up here in George Mason Univ. country is that Bailey has already committed to Mason (Atlantic Ten Conference) where Kim English will be in his second year of being Head Coach. English had a better than expected first year with wins over Maryland and Georgia,

Yeah he already committed to George Mason

There's always tall kids you can recruit. Tamba wasn't likely to ever play major minutes here and was going to be recruited over each year.
There may always be tall kids about there but if you look at our history, we have trouble landing any good ones. For years we tried playing with 6’6-6’8 post players while the rest of the SEC played with 6’10-7’0 posts.

I hate to see Tamba leave. He took a redshirt year and I figured he would get more minutes next year. You can’t have too many rim protectors and he was one.

There may always be tall kids about there but if you look at our history, we have trouble landing any good ones. For years we tried playing with 6’6-6’8 post players while the rest of the SEC played with 6’10-7’0 posts.

I hate to see Tamba leave. He took a redshirt year and I figured he would get more minutes next year. You can’t have too many rim protectors and he was one.

I don't know that he was a rim proector, as he only averaged 1.4 blocks per game in high school and he probably faced a lot of 6'3 centers in East Tennessee. Right now we have 6'10 BHH if he returns, 6'11 Aidoo, and 7'1 Uros with eligibility left.

"He does that a lot?"

How so? Good grief, man. The offense you've taken to an entirely innocuous comment is concerning. I have no idea how you took what I said to be ill-intentioned in any way imaginable. Have I wronged you in another life that I'm unaware of? I'm really stumped at how it upset you to this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryButchJones
I don't know that he was a rim proector, as he only averaged 1.4 blocks per game in high school and he probably faced a lot of 6'3 centers in East Tennessee. Right now we have 6'10 BHH if he returns, 6'11 Aidoo, and 7'1 Uros with eligibility left.

Uros and BHH aren’t rim protectors. We got lucky with Pons doing that and Alexander before that. We haven’t been too successful with 6’10” and above guys who are athletic and can defend the rim.

VN Store

Back