Transfer Portal 21-22

Senior next season and covid is she wanted it.

That’s what I thought. I mentioned her a few weeks ago before she entered her name. The players I really wanted were Jackson and Martinez. If our staff can land her we will be in really good shape.

She is a great player for Karo to learn from and practice against. Has a nice shot from the outside and plays hard every possession.

Wasn’t sure if she would transfer but now that she’s in the portal I think we need to make a push for her. I do think she would be likely to use both years of remaining eligibility which would be great for us because we are going to lose a lot next season. She’d be a veteran post player that can play the 4/5 along with what should be a really strong junior class that season of Puckett, Wynn, Miles and Striplin (and Darby technically).

That’s what I thought. I mentioned her a few weeks ago before she entered her name. The players I really wanted were Jackson and Martinez. If our staff can land her we will be in really good shape.

She is a great player for Karo to learn from and practice against. Has a nice shot from the outside and plays hard every possession.

Wasn’t sure if she would transfer but now that she’s in the portal I think we need to make a push for her. I do think she would be likely to use both years of remaining eligibility which would be great for us because we are going to lose a lot next season. She’d be a veteran post player that can play the 4/5 along with what should be a really strong junior class that season of Puckett, Wynn, Miles and Striplin (and Darby technically).
Far harder to guard than any post player we have now. She is a versatile post and I really like to see Martinez, Jackson, Horston, Key, and Powell on the court together some of the game.

And, while someone mentioned that Martinez was a little "undersized" for a post player, she is taller than Keyen Green, according to roster information, and we all know what a plus having Green in the post was. Statistically, Martinez brings a better offensive game to the court than anyone we have at the F/P position at present. If the staff can convince her to come to Tennessee, it would, in my opinion, fill the remaining hole we have in the lineup for next season.

Jim

And, while someone mentioned that Martinez was a little "undersized" for a post player, she is taller than Keyen Green, according to roster information, and we all know what a plus having Green in the post was. Statistically, Martinez brings a better offensive game to the court than anyone we have at the F/P position at present. If the staff can convince her to come to Tennessee, it would, in my opinion, fill the remaining hole we have in the lineup for next season.

Jim
We would lose nothing when she was on the floor for Key. She is very versatile and just as good a rebounder and scorer as Key. Certainly fills the last void may help Key get back to playing like she did before Green was injured.

Has anyone else heard any rumors about anyone else from our team going into the portal? I have not heard anything, but for some reason I have this bad feeling in my gut that someone will (and for some reason I am thinking BK) My sister says I am crazy for thinking it, but I have had a bad feeling for about a week now with absolutely no reason for it. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else heard any rumors about anyone else from our team going into the portal? I have not heard anything, but for some reason I have this bad feeling in my gut that someone will (and for some reason I am thinking BK) My sister says I am crazy for thinking it, but I have had a bad feeling for about a week now with absolutely no reason for it. :rolleyes:
Relax love, I honestly don’t think BK is going anywhere. She’ll improve her offense over the summer and she’ll have the keys to the kingdom her junior year hopefully!

I am a bit confident she isn’t and if anyone were to transfer it would have to Jessie

Plus, all these players leaving WVU certainly opens up a potential spot for Emily Saunders. Emily tweeted rah-rahs for a couple of WVU events this year, so I figure she has a soft spot for her home state's main university.

I do really hope she goes there. I feel she would work well in Coach P’s system and have a really good time at her state school.

No nothing and only 25 days to get in. I would think that any players doing so would've done it by now of course that could change if we add portal players ourselves. I don't expect us to add anymore maybe one if coaches think we need a post.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

I don’t think she’s going anywhere. Really think she’d be in there already if she was leaving.

If she were to leave I don’t think it would be by choice. Would be a Salary type situation where she is asked to leave.

At this point I think we are done seeing players transfer out. The rest I was concerned about signed NIL deals with OMD or are going on the summer trip to Africa so not likely to be transferring.

Last week a lot of BK’s insta posts had crossed fingers and worried faces like her status as a lady Vol might be up in the air. Seemed like she really wants to remain a LV though. Her birthday was the other day and the officials accounts recognized it like normal which is a good sign to me.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
We would lose nothing when she was on the floor for Key. She is very versatile and just as good a rebounder and scorer as Key. Certainly fills the last void may help Key get back to playing like she did before Green was injured.

Yes, TK needs a strong backup so she can post up hard. She had to be less aggressive after Green went out to prevent fouls. If she wasn’t on the floor we took a huge step back in the post. A backup like Martinez would allow her to go really hard for 20-25 minutes and be much more effective.

Yes, TK needs a strong backup so she can post up hard. She had to be less aggressive after Green went out to prevent fouls. If she wasn’t on the floor we took a huge step back in the post. A backup like Martinez would allow her to go really hard for 20-25 minutes and be much more effective.
Martinez has been starting at WV for the past two years. I would be surprised if she goes somewhere that she has to come off the bench as a senior, but knows?

Martinez has been starting at WV for the past two years. I would be surprised if she goes somewhere that she has to come off the bench as a senior, but knows?

Seems like most of the top kids in the portal are more interested in winning than playing/starting.

With the condition of her knees I think she would welcome the opportunity to play equal minutes with TK on a really really good team. Whoever our backup post is will play just as many minutes as the starter I suspect.

Heck, a player like Martinez might even have Key coming off the bench. Kellie will start whoever her best 5 players are. I know that much.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back