Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already checked and Applebee's is booked solid for the weekend. Sorry @utvols88. If anyone else has any good places to eat in Tallahassee around FSU, I am taking my daughter down for a dance clinic this weekend.

Thanks.
Have fun and enjoy! Just had a dance convention this past weekend.

My daughter is getting tired of the competitions. She just wants to dance for fun and perform at games. Don’t blame her. The competition judges can be about as worthless as SEC officiating crews. 😎

I am not convinced UT takes our program seriously until we get cotton uniforms.

eed06281-79bf-4266-be8b-31481c05110c_text.gif

We canceled cable, but actually ended up keeping their (AT&T) most basic TV service ONLY because their "tv and unlimited internet" bundle was cheaper than just internet...go figure. I believe it's $45/mo. Then we got youtube TV. I think it's like $50-60/mo, though we get it for $10/mo.

Ofc we have netflix...hulu...another IIRC...hbo...we might pay grand total $80 for that huge group (internet + youtube tv + all streaming). Down from probably $230 grand total. And the DVR is far superior.

We can't get AT&T where we live, but the info is good. Thanks.

So, I have a lot of the same entertainment needs as many on here, and I thought I would ask for advice.

I am paying well over $200 to Comcast for cable, internet and a phone line that we do not even use. We use the internet and I want to watch SEC network, ESPN and wherever I can watch Tennessee football and basketball. We have purchased Disney+ and Pureflix separately.

Would it be easier to simply remove the Comcast cable completely, and simply get my sports and my wife's Hallmark and Lifetime movies outside of Comcast? Should I buy my own cable and Internet boxes, instead of renting? If so, which ones?

What say you?

I've done YouTube TV for several years and have been happy with it. Have Netflix and Disney as well. Only thing is you have to have high speed internet so I still use the cable company for that(Charter in my area). I save roughly $40 over when I just had cable.

Have fun and enjoy! Just had a dance convention this past weekend.

My daughter is getting tired of the competitions. She just wants to dance for fun and perform at games. Don’t blame her. The competition judges can be about as worthless as SEC officiating crews. 😎
You got that right, Brother.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Got in from work this evening and the kitchen was filled with a nice aroma and I asked my wife what she was cooking and she said I have a garlic and herb pork tenderloin cooking on the routissere in our big Pampered Chef air fryer. Let me just say it turned out simply wonderful. Put it with a baked potato, some of our home grown squash and green beans from the garden and enjoy!

Any of you folks took in a show at the Caverns venue over in Pelham? 2 car loads of us went over there for the Aaron Lewis show last night. pretty neat place. FWIW they are opening an outdoor amphitheater some time in June right beside the Caverns that can accommodate 5000 or so.
That’s in my neck of the woods. I’ve not been to any of the shows,(seen some on tv) but I spliced all the fiber optics down there. Pretty cool set up, they say the acoustics are great

That’s in my neck of the woods. I’ve not been to any of the shows,(seen some on tv) but I spliced all the fiber optics down there. Pretty cool set up, they say the acoustics are great
What's funny about it is we were following the lead car down !-24 but we got seperated by a over-wide semi just before Manchester, so the driver of the car we were in saw a sign for Cumberland Caverns and took that exit. We proceeded to get there and quckly realized we were at the wrong Caverns lol. It's roughly about 50 minutes from there back over to the Caverns. We saw some beautiful country going thru there though.
I thought the sound coming from the instruments was good but I thought it was a little tough hearing many of the words being sung clearly. But that could have been because we were near the back and the cavern was packed.

Any of you folks took in a show at the Caverns venue over in Pelham? 2 car loads of us went over there for the Aaron Lewis show last night. pretty neat place. FWIW they are opening an outdoor amphitheater some time in June right beside the Caverns that can accommodate 5000 or so.
I've been twice - once in the cave & once outside - the outside concert was only their 3rd or so & it was a mess - toilets not working, rude employees (told us to go use the woods - females), & we got the worst pod in the place (maybe not the venue's fault but maybe it was) despite the fact that we had purchased tickets in artist's pre-sale in other words before most of the public). Had been on my bucket list to see one in the cave (well, when it was on my bucket list it was for the original Bluegrass Underground). Did the Cavern concert in 2019 for Scott Miller - we were near the back of seated section - concessions were up behind us so people congregated there talking. The acoustics are such that we could hardly hear the music - some friends of our's are friends with Scott & he apologized to them for a crappy show, said he was frustrated that no one made an attempt to quiet the talkers. Not easy place to get to from Knoxville, doubt I'll ever go back.

Got in from work this evening and the kitchen was filled with a nice aroma and I asked my wife what she was cooking and she said I have a garlic and herb pork tenderloin cooking on the routissere in our big Pampered Chef air fryer. Let me just say it turned out simply wonderful. Put it with a baked potato, some of our home grown squash and green beans from the garden and enjoy!
Bastard

What's funny about it is we were following the lead car down !-24 but we got seperated by a over-wide semi just before Manchester, so the driver of the car we were in saw a sign for Cumberland Caverns and took that exit. We proceeded to get there and quckly realized we were at the wrong Caverns lol. It's roughly about 50 minutes from there back over to the Caverns. We saw some beautiful country going thru there though.
I thought the sound coming from the instruments was good but I thought it was a little tough hearing many of the words being sung clearly. But that could have been because we were near the back and the cavern was packed.
Haha so you guys went to the Cumberland Caverns in McMinnville? If so that’s where all the events used to be held, they moved to Pelham probably 3-4 years ago, maybe longer

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back