Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

If we were to recruit her we would be recruiting over a veteran player. If she were to come to UT it would really limit Walker’s minutes. Don’t see Kellie doing that, she loves JoJo.

A part of me agrees, and another part wonders: Would/should Kellie be more concerned about the feelings of one player whose feelings might be hurt when asked to play a lesser role, or the potential benefits adding one player might have to the future success of an entire program?

I'm glad I'm not a head coach with decisions like this to be made. o_O

Reactions: VolBall09
I think so too! She was benched for Rivers and Dawn basically said she liked her out there bc she can get the ball to Boston. I wonder if she came available would TN reach out.

I don’t think so she still getting her PT and DS always go with experience. It’s the mental thing for Zia right now. It’s probably one of the so. and the fr.

I’m not sure. She, Horston and Jackson were all friends and took some visits together. Based on our current roster I wouldn’t think they would go after her though. Would more likely end up somewhere like Texas or LSU IMO.

If we were to recruit her we would be recruiting over a veteran player. If she were to come to UT it would really limit Walker’s minutes. Don’t see Kellie doing that, she loves JoJo.

i don’t think so bc JoJo came back for another year. You have to be honest with yourself Zia is a huge upgrade over JoJo. Kids are in the portal bc coaches are replacing them with better talent. For example Westbrook was benched for Fudd who is way better.

Reactions: VolBall09
UConn is barely escaping games, I don't see how that equates to winning multiple championships. Luck is a big part of it when teams are so close in talent.
Since their one off 2nd championship, UConn has went on multiple championship runs. Southern Cal back in 1983-1984 is the only team besides UConn and Tennessee win back to back NCs in the NCAA era.

Three #1 recruits on your roster to go along with mutiple other top tens...and you can't do any better than Tennessee did against SC on SC's home court.

As Jed would say, "Pitiful...pitiful."

Wishful thinking. Zia adores Dawn. Listen to her press conference yesterday and you will see what I am saying. Since her freshmen year, during players introductions, she hugs Dawn. No other player does that.

Zia just won a National Championship….. Next year she is a senior! She will be back to see if they can do it again ! Just Saying

I’m not sure. She, Horston and Jackson were all friends and took some visits together. Based on our current roster I wouldn’t think they would go after her though. Would more likely end up somewhere like Texas or LSU IMO.

Cook isn't going anywhere, this is hilarious watching you weave a story out of thin air.

Reactions: Talon2 and Luna2012
Don't know about everyone else, but I'm exhausted.
Yea this honestly was an emotionally taxing season on us Lady Vol fans, it was a literal rollercoaster!

Also want to shout out all the posters, i don’t know about you all, but it seemed as if traffic on the site was booming this season. Lots of good conversation throughout the season! Can’t wait for next year and I hope to see some of y’all in Dallas!!!! 🧡

Yeah, I've noticed NeedOrange hasn't said anything about how bad it looks for his team's superstar to be aligning herself with an organization known for helping cheaters cheat. But he was alllllll full of opinions about how bad it looked that Tennessee fans had only raised $10,000 for an outgoing player.

:rolleyes:
If you place an @ when referencing another poster, that poster will be notified of the mention.

I have to admit I know nothing of Chegg involved with cheating. I do know that Paige isn't a spokesperson for Chegg itself but for a food bank that they are organizing. She is trying to do something good for children with food insecurity. Perhaps its a Proverbs 32 relationship "the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous "

"Chegg and the Women’s College Basketball Star Will Partner to Raise Awareness for Student Hunger Starting in Her Hometown of Minneapolis, Minnesota "

Reactions: glv98
True but for her to play more she will need to pick up her game on the offensive end big time.
Rivers has the court awareness, passing and defensive skills down. She is an elite passer. She was a very prolific scorer in HS, many games in the 30’s, 40’s and even some games over 50 points. If you watch her HS YouTube games, she had an excellent mid range jumper to go along with her drive to the hoop skills.
Somehow she lost all that offensive confidence in her freshman year and looked tentative shooting the ball. She has a nice stroke from 15 feet in but you could tell we was playing tight offensively. She isn’t leaving SC as far as we have been told, but she needs a lot of work in the off-season to regain her shooting confidence. I think she will get it back, based upon her body of work from HS where she shot midrange for a high percentage. She may never have 3 point range though tbh.

Rivers has the court awareness, passing and defensive skills down. She is an elite passer. She was a very prolific scorer in HS, many games in the 30’s, 40’s and even some games over 50 points. If you watch her HS YouTube games, she had an excellent mid range jumper to go along with her drive to the hoop skills.
Somehow she lost all that offensive confidence in her freshman year and looked tentative shooting the ball. She has a nice stroke from 15 feet in but you could tell we was playing tight offensively. She isn’t leaving SC as far as we have been told, but she needs a lot of work in the off-season to regain her shooting confidence. I think she will get it back, based upon her body of work from HS where she shot midrange for a high percentage. She may never have 3 point range though tbh.

Like I've said before, Rivers' high-rising mid-range jumper reminds me of Tweety Nolan. Lawd help us if the light bulb goes on for her while Boston is still there. lol

Reactions: Mr.Pivot

I expect to see Rivers make a big jump next year and contribute quite a lot more with shooting and scoring. She certainly has the ability. Just needs the offseason and more game minutes next year.

VN Store

Back