USFL 2023

Team owners from original USFL sue new league

Not sure how this will go. They may have a case about the branding and using the USFL logo and name itself, but they can't stop the use of the teams because the new USFL owner aquired all those team names, logos, and trademarks.

Last edited:
Team owners from original USFL sue new league

Not sure how this will go. They may have a case about the branding and using the USFL logo and name itself, but they can't stop the use of the teams because the new USFL owner aquired all those team names, logos, and trademarks.
LOL, Saying the new league is fake. That's rich seeing as the original hasn't existed in nearly 40 years. There just wanting a piece of potential royalties.

Does the average American even want to consume that much football? I know the break from whenever the Titans season ends to whenever the Vols season begins is enough time for me to start missing football again.

In the meantime, you have basketball, baseball (hopefully,) hockey, soccer, etc etc to fill the sports entertainment void.
It would be enough for us degenerate gamblers...

OK, why the extra picks in Rounds 4, 7, and 11?
Wild guess....those teams were owed picks when the old USFL folded.
Breakers and Stallions in Round 4
Stallions and Panthers in Round 7
Breakers in Round 9

If the USFL had lasted another year, where would the Breakers have ended up? I figure somewhere on the "North Coast."
(Boston Breakers on the Atlantic; New Orleans Breakers on the Gulf Coast, Portland Breakers on the Pacific).
Buffalo? Cleveland? Milwaukee?

Damn. They deserved a team

I think this season is kind of a soft launch or if you'll pardon the phrase we use around here "Year Zero". If they do well this first season and next season go back to playing in home stadiums, I can see them expanding. Also there could be some trademark issues with using "Memphis Showboats". They had said they had gotten most of the old nicknames and logos but I don't think they have them all yet.

I think this season is kind of a soft launch or if you'll pardon the phrase we use around here "Year Zero". If they do well this first season and next season go back to playing in home stadiums, I can see them expanding. Also there could be some trademark issues with using "Memphis Showboats". They had said they had gotten most of the old nicknames and logos but I don't think they have them all yet.
Year zero for the XFL was very enjoyable.

VN Store

Back