USFL 2023

The thing that doesn’t make sense if true is that all the games will be played in Birmingham Alabama.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
The thing that doesn’t make sense if true is that all the games will be played in Birmingham Alabama.

I think they are considering this a "soft" launch just to get the league rolling. It's sounding like they'll be like The Spring League that played all their games in one place. My guess is they are more interested in the ratings to gauge the interest.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
While I seriously doubt both the USFL and XFL will survive (or maybe even either), if they somehow do it will be pretty crazy that we have a chance to have pro football available to watch (assuming the XFL gets a decent TV contract).

NFL/College Football from September to February
XFL from February to April
USFL from April to July
CFL from June to November

While I seriously doubt both the USFL and XFL will survive (or maybe even either), if they somehow do it will be pretty crazy that we have a chance to have pro football available to watch (assuming the XFL gets a decent TV contract).

NFL/College Football from September to February
XFL from February to April
USFL from April to July
CFL from June to November

Does the average American even want to consume that much football? I know the break from whenever the Titans season ends to whenever the Vols season begins is enough time for me to start missing football again.

In the meantime, you have basketball, baseball (hopefully,) hockey, soccer, etc etc to fill the sports entertainment void.

Reactions: Popcorn and MAD
Does the average American even want to consume that much football? I know the break from whenever the Titans season ends to whenever the Vols season begins is enough time for me to start missing football again.

In the meantime, you have basketball, baseball (hopefully,) hockey, soccer, etc etc to fill the sports entertainment void.
I enjoyed the XFL season back in 2020. Was disappointed that the season was cut short that year.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I enjoyed the XFL season back in 2020. Was disappointed that the season was cut short that year.
The USFL President was on Outkick 360 the other day was saying they believe the ratings will be there. He said the XFL was outrating the NBA before it was unfortunately shutdown because of the rona.

Reactions: MAD

Probably not which is why I think maybe only one of of the USFL/XFL will survive (or the merge). But I can only speak for me, I'm a spring football league junkie. I remember as a very little kid even watching the original USFL. And I watched WLAF/NFL Europe, XFL 1.0, United Football League, AAF, and the XFL 2.0. I watched the Arena Football League. So I really hope both will survive because even though I do watch and support other sports I would still find time to watch the spring leagues.

Probably not which is why I think maybe only one of of the USFL/XFL will survive (or the merge). But I can only speak for me, I'm a spring football league junkie. I remember as a very little kid even watching the original USFL. And I watched WLAF/NFL Europe, XFL 1.0, United Football League, AAF, and the XFL 2.0. I watched the Arena Football League. So I really hope both will survive because even though I do watch and support other sports I would still find time to watch the spring leagues.
I was so excited as a kid when this league started, didn’t realize at the time what a disaster it turned into.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Agreed, vipers had the worst uniforms, those were horrible.

I always thought the Vipers were trying to do a new Orlando Thunder uniform, like a "so bad it's good" but they went too far.

1992-scott-mitchell-orlando-thunder.jpg

DC-Defenders-v-Tampa-Bay-Vipers-d823a39bbab79c738e552e9577380f21.jpg

VN Store

Back