'19 TN RB Eric Gray

The debate over whether Eric Gray was the best back on the team when he was here is funny.
Take 1 minute and do a sports reference search.
He was easily the best.
Was he great? Nah

Reactions: VolForLife83
The debate over whether Eric Gray was the best back on the team when he was here is funny.
Take 1 minute and do a sports reference search.
He was easily the best.
Was he great? Nah
He was also tied to a terrible offense. No RBs ate in those days.

Now they all do. Just fwiw.

RB production is relative to the offense...OL...scheme...if Small can get near 6 ypc...I think Gray could feed big time. Not that I believe admin would ever let him back...even if the rumor was real.

He's a good back but he isn't program changing or much better than small if he even is better.
You’re just incorrect here… he’s a lot better than Small… he’s light in his feet, always running forward, makes quick-twitch defined cuts on a dime… how did people forget after one year? The only explanation is bias from him leaving… cause his film is rock solid

he will definitely play in the NFL… and I don’t know what you saw in Kamara that you don’t see in Gray 🤷‍♂️

You’re just incorrect here… he’s a lot better than Small… he’s light in his feet, always running forward, makes quick-twitch defined cuts on a dime… how did people forget after one year? The only explanation is bias from him leaving… cause his film is rock solid

he will definitely play in the NFL… and I don’t know what you saw in Kamara that you don’t see in Gray 🤷‍♂️

Kamara is bigger, stronger, faster. Doesn't go down by arm tackles. Might have the best balance of any RB in the league and doubles as a receiver. Gray is a fine prospect but that comparison is ridiculous.

Gray gets tackled by defensive players breathing on him way too many times because he isn't a very strong runner; he isn't even in the same galaxy as Kamara when it comes to balance....few players are.

Comparing EGs ability to Kamara's ability is asinine.

Kamara is bigger, stronger, faster. Doesn't go down by arm tackles. Might have the best balance of any RB in the league and doubles as a receiver. Gray is a fine prospect but that comparison is ridiculous.
compare Kamara’s college film with Gray’s

You talk like Gray just falls over when breathed on… in reality…. the video I just posted shows him breaking like 30 tackles, creating his own space, taking what the defense gives him every time and making sharp cuts while moving forward, avoiding defenders and adding his own yardage to plays…that’s what good-great backs do…

Does he have Kamara’s balance from two years ago as an NFL athlete in the peak of his career? No… but his film looks like Kamara’s college film… you comparing college players to professional athletes at the prime if their careers is the only ridiculous thing said here

You talk like Gray just falls over when breathed on… in reality…. the video I just posted shows him breaking like 30 tackles, creating his own space, taking what the defense gives him every time and making sharp cuts while moving forward, avoiding defenders and adding his own yardage to plays…that’s what good-great backs do…

Does he have Kamara’s balance from two years ago as an NFL athlete in the peak of his career? No… but his film looks like Kamara’s college film… you comparing college players to professional athletes at the prime if their careers is the only ridiculous thing said here

Kamara averaged 6.2 a carry vs Gray's 5.1. 16 TD's in 2 seasons vs Gray's 10 in 3.

Reactions: StoVol
We had multiple games missed by all RBs last year. It would be dumb not to take him for at least depth purposes. That is if the coaching staff wants him.

Hes not program changing. I'm in fact correct.i don't care if he left you're acting like he's amazing and he's not. It's a highlight video that doesn't show the multitude of bad plays he had. It's biased evidence to support your agenda.

Gray is no where near the back in college that Kamara was in college. I am not comparing Gray to Kamara in NFL. Gray may make it in NFL but he would be more of Sony Michel than Kamara. Nothing wrong with that but comparing the two is ridiculous.

VN Store

Back