Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

I agree need to get more from the SG but not sure if it`s fair to label Tesss as a SG. The reason is Tess is always guarding the wing player on the other team, I remember me saying the jury is still out on Tess. But she has got my attention as a dangerous shooter, Now if anyone is looking for Tess to be the player with athletic ability, Break you down off the dribble, Create her own shot. That`s not gonna happen because that not her game or in her ability. KJH just needs her to knock down 3`s. We can agree to disagree.
Yes I think they are using her at the three. Still the three needs to be an attacker of the basket as well as a three point shooter. She can do the job from the three attacking is not her game. I was just saying she will have to make it somewhat of her game to keep the minutes she plays. We have a lot of players already coming back next season that can do some of that and take players minutes.

Reactions: djtee
Yes I think they are using her at the three. Still the three needs to be an attacker of the basket as well as a three point shooter. She can do the job from the three attacking is not her game. I was just saying she will have to make it somewhat of her game to keep the minutes she plays. We have a lot of players already coming back next season that can do some of that and take players minutes.

Thank You You are 100% correct she will to make attacking the basket part of her game. Tess is 6-1 6-2 not the fastest player i like her better on the wing where she will get more open looks.

Reactions: Volfan2012
The Lady Vols have definitely been disappointing the last month of this season but it is way too early to talk about coaching changes.

I agree need to get more from the SG but not sure if it`s fair to label Tesss as a SG. The reason is Tess is always guarding the wing player on the other team, I remember me saying the jury is still out on Tess. But she has got my attention as a dangerous shooter, Now if anyone is looking for Tess to be the player with athletic ability, Break you down off the dribble, Create her own shot. That`s not gonna happen because that not her game or in her ability. KJH just needs her to knock down 3`s. We can agree to disagree.
And the team has to look for her. She can be calling for the ball and they still force a harder option. Heard Kyra say they ran practice sets over and over and were not allowed to shoot for at least 20 seconds and how it improved their efficiency. We need an offense that can compensate for when we match up poorly defensively.

Thank You You are 100% correct she will to make attacking the basket part of her game. Tess is 6-1 6-2 not the fastest player i like her better on the wing where she will get more open looks.
She will have to get better like being able to get in the paint for the mid-range and her own shot creation. Not saying she can do it just saying how will she be able to play 20 plus minutes with Justine, Jasmine, and Marta coming in next season and I expect at least one more player maybe two.

The Lady Vols have definitely been disappointing the last month of this season but it is way too early to talk about coaching changes.
The only ones talking about that are the same one that talk it in almost every sport that is played at UT. No one that really matters is talking coaching change and won't be. They recognize a good deal of the problems were created by injuries and the expectations for the season was like 22 to 24 wins and that has already been met.

Reactions: volbound1700
And the team has to look for her. She can be calling for the ball and they still force a harder option. Heard Kyra say they ran practice sets over and over and were not allowed to shoot for at least 20 seconds and how it improved their efficiency. We need an offense that can compensate for when we match up poorly defensively.

True

She will have to get better like being able to get in the paint for the mid-range and her own shot creation. Not saying she can do it just saying how will she be able to play 20 plus minutes with Justine, Jasmine, and Marta coming in next season and I expect at least one more player maybe two.

Hmm ? Good question

i do not see tess 30 mins a game player. but she needs move off three and hit some mid range shots. she can . tess said she not the fastest but she move good vs alabama. on defence when kent was 2 on 1 break tess strip ball from wildcats star player . but tess already proving lot people wrong on tess can not play defence in the sec. tess needs get better driving poping 2 inside three. but tenn needs more work on passing and playing team ball.

Reactions: Volfan2012
i do not see tess 30 mins a game player. but she needs move off three and hit some mid range shots. she can . tess said she not the fastest but she move good vs alabama. on defence when kent was 2 on 1 break tess strip ball from wildcats star player . but tess already proving lot people wrong on tess can not play defence in the sec. tess needs get better driving poping 2 inside three. but tenn needs more work on passing and playing team ball.

No one is saying Tess can`t play defense. And yes that was a great defensive play by Tesss on the fast break. Like i said and a some others have said it depends on the team we are playing and who she is matched up against.

There will be no coaching changes in the foreseeable future. Kellie inherited a weak team: Westbrook left ( a blessing), Zaay Green left (legal trouble), Collins left, Jazz left. Then we had the end of season and following season Covid games. Marta, starter, out for the season. Rae, starter, out for most of the season. Keyen, impact of a starter, out for last part of season. Jordy, out for last couple of games and SEC tournament. Each time a player has gone out, the remaining players have had to adjust. We’ve been playing with two returning starters — Key and Walker — and several freshmen. Tess is more or less a freshman because she was injured last season.
You can think whatever you want, but your evaluations of the team are completely off the mark.

No one is saying Tess can`t play defense. And yes that was a great defensive play by Tesss on the fast break. Like i said and a some others have said it depends on the team we are playing and who she is matched up against.
start of season some said tess to slowt to guard sec guards. but yes its a bad match for tess on speed players. teams are throwing the ball to tess man like early season. tess is siting more ffor bad offence night than defence. tess says hard work basketball and fun go together. its not where she needs on 2 pointers but lately tess starting to improve.

We just need to go out and play the game like it is supposed to be played. Kellie was taught by the best when Pat was in her prime. She needs to reflect on it and apply it. Pat praised when there was reason to praise, she expected you to leave it all on the floor everytime. Bring the intensity, that’s all I got to say. Win or lose bring the fight to em.GBO!

Yeah, let's fire all the coaches and continue to flop around in useless abandon. Gotta love UT"fabs"!

VN Store

Back