Netflix

I’m honestly to the point that I’m ready to cancel. I’ll stick it out for Stranger Things, then I’m taking a break.

Netflix used to crush it with premium series and docs but I feel like now there are so many other bidders that they aren't dominating in that regard anymore. If I were paying for Netflix, I'd do it just like I do HBO. Pay for 3 or 4 months, then cancel for 6 months or so, then sign up and catch up on what you missed. Repeat.

Last edited:
Netflix used to crush it with premium series and docs but I feel like now there are so many other bidders that they aren't dominating in that regard anymore. If I were paying for Netflix, I'd do it just like I do HBO. Pay for 3 or 4 months, then cancel for 6 months or so, then sign up and catch up on what you missed. Repeat.
I’m sure networks creating their own streaming services and pulling their titles has made it difficult for Netflix to stay compatible. They’re going to need to figure out something, like adding live TV as an option. YouTube TV needs to add better options as well with the way they’re jacking up their pricing. I think I’m paying $20 more a month than I was about a year ago, and now it puts me right back in the cable tv area. In fact, I think I can Get cable cheaper than what YouTube TV is now charging.

I get Netflix with my cell plan or I probably would have dropped it a long time ago. If something really good with a lot of buzz came along I would probably do what you suggest and rotate it with some other services.

I’m sure networks creating their own streaming services and pulling their titles has made it difficult for Netflix to stay compatible. They’re going to need to figure out something, like adding live TV as an option. YouTube TV needs to add better options as well with the way they’re jacking up their pricing. I think I’m paying $20 more a month than I was about a year ago, and now it puts me right back in the cable tv area. In fact, I think I can Get cable cheaper than what YouTube TV is now charging.

One thing I will say, Netflix crushes it with the kids shows. My kids like Disney+ for movies, but they watch Netflix shows. My 3 YO would watch Baby Bum and CocoMelon all day if we let her. Now she's into Masha's Spooky Stories. I think it's only like 6 episodes but she's probably watched it 5x

Reactions: davethevol
I use a friend’s Netflix. Occasionally I’ll find something to watch, but it’s rare. I’ve already seen about everything I care to watch on there, so unless they add some new season of something I don’t use it. I definitely wouldn’t pay for Netflix every month.

I get what y'all are saying about NF. But it's the only service I pay for, and it suffices. I'm watching Peaky Blinders, again. Looking forward to the new season, I think it's in June.

I use a friend’s Netflix. Occasionally I’ll find something to watch, but it’s rare. I’ve already seen about everything I care to watch on there, so unless they add some new season of something I don’t use it. I definitely wouldn’t pay for Netflix every month.
This is me with Netflix. I often struggle finding things to watch on there. Most series I will get through a season or two and get bored of it. Netflix might have a quantity advantage, but they dont have a quality advantage.

Reactions: 615vols
What’s a good recommendation as I’m not familiar with Korean flicks?
Train to Busan (Amazon I think - Zombies and trains)
Kingdom (medieval Korea zombies)
All of Us Are Dead (zombies)
Parasite

Basically anything they make with zombies seems to be pretty good. Warning though, I have noticed that Korean cinema has zero issue showing kids getting killed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juanita
Didn't like All Of Us Are Dead. I liked Kingdom and will check out the other 2 suggestions, thank you. I'm still watching Peaky Blinders, again. Season 5. I forgot how intense it gets. Final season in June.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Didn't like All Of Us Are Dead. I liked Kingdom and will check out the other 2 suggestions, thank you. I'm still watching Peaky Blinders, again. Season 5. I forgot how intense it gets. Final season in June.
I just started All of Us Are Dead so not too deep into it. Train to Busan was really good. Unique takes on the zombie outbreak.

This season was so good. Please watch so I can get a season 5. If you like shows about gangs and drug wars and **** like that, you have to try it.

Start with Top Boy Summerhouse (8 episodes, I think), then Top Boy is 8 years later (16 episodes, so far, I think).
So is it kinda similar to Snowfall?

IDK what that is. The best comparison is a British version of The Wire. It's not as good as TW (what is?), but it's in the same vein.
Snowfall is an FX show about drug dealers selling crack in the 80's in LA, there's also CIA involvement. The 5th season is on now, it's on Hulu too.

VN Store

Back