NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

It’s never luck. If so, you could randomly choose and play and say it was luck.

It balances out. one of their first 3s was a bank in. All those crazy long rebounds from missed shots going right to them. Luck everywhere.

How about recognizing the non luck component of this game. The focus and tenacity of the Lady Vols in the last minute of that game was quite inspiring.

Hopefully, this helps them elevate their play now that they’ve seen just how locked in they can play.

Our big defensive bugaboo is not closing out on 3 pt shooters. Not sure why that's such an ongoing problem.

And 4 of those were on Snoop, who obviously more than made up for them. 5 t.o.s among the rest of the team for a full game? That was the first miracle.

they shot 8-31 from 3 for 25ish%, and they were like 4th in the nation on 3 point percentage at 40%-this I’m not certain about tho. I’d say the LadyVols did pretty well defending the 3.

I've watched the Puckett sequence at least two dozen times from different angles, and it never gets old.

That said, I hope and pray the staff took note of Snoop getting away with an illegal screen there, because they really need to make sure we don't have something like that cost us a possession in a tight game going forward. I didn't notice it in real time, and the version above doesn't show it well, but after seeing it later I thought, "Yikes! We got lucky there!" Alexus clearly bent her knee out to try to extend the screen as the defender was about to go around, and it caught the Belmont player in the stomach, making her double over. :oops:

Kellie has a few days to tighten stuff like that up, thank goodness.

Look how prepared she is. wipes her hands not 1, not 2, but 3 times and has them in a position where she can receive the ball and she steps behind the 3 point line

I love that she was able to maintain that level of focus in that situation. It was one of the most impressive moments of any Lady Vol freshmen ever.

Hate to mention miscues, but refs did us a big favor by eating their whistle when TK went for a block and jumped right into the shooter around the foul line. All she had to do was go straight up to alter the shot against a guard.

I would really love for the LVs to beat Louisville, and I will be rooting for them all the way to do just that. Nonetheless, I'm thinking that the only way that that is going to happen is if Van Lith has an attack of appendicitis an hour before game time ---- Lady Vols Forever !!!

It balances out. one of their first 3s was a bank in. All those crazy long rebounds from missed shots going right to them. Luck everywhere.

How about recognizing the non luck component of this game. The focus and tenacity of the Lady Vols in the last minute of that game was quite inspiring.

Hopefully, this helps them elevate their play now that they’ve seen just how locked in they can play.
I’m just saying there are too many variables in a game to call one thing luck and another unlucky. I’m sure someone could follow it all and run the data to identify trends. But ……

I love that she was able to maintain that level of focus in that situation. It was one of the most impressive moments of any Lady Vol freshmen ever.
I also love that she explained the shot. She said Kellie drew up the play, and she executed it. Last year I remember Re saying in an interview that the team was good when they did what Kellie told them to do.

The good thing about this game is no one expects us to beat Louisville, in fact many expect us is to get beat like we stole something. We simply have nothing to lose. I hope this reality will help our ladies dig down deep inside to play their best game of the season, if not the best game of their lives. I pray that they pay little attention to the naysayers who doubt their ability and desire to win. I believe this team will be fully ready to fight and hold their own. I believe that our ladies have this. I am so proud of our freshmen who refuse to play like freshmen. These young ladies got plenty of game. Go Lady Vol, we are behind you 100%.

Women’s BB then versus Women’s BB now- different worlds. Parity, Pat helped bring that along.
If this is your big negative argument you are in trouble.
Noticed they said Kim Mulkey hadn’t had a sweet sixteen since 2014. Kellie has had two in the last four years. So who is the better coach?
I am not arguing your point but perhaps the Mulkey example isn't fitting. She went to the sweet 16 twelve straight times until this year. I do agree about the parity and how I think this it will be more rare for any coach to be automatic in getting to the sweet 16.

VN Store

Back