Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said all year this team is not ready to compete with the elite, plain and simple. I have heard the excuses, most notably injuries. News flash, injuries happen with every team. I get it, we are fans but some fans really need to clean their orange colored glasses and see this program has a ways to go before we can compete with the elite. Don't see it happening anytime soon. All you sunshine pumpers flame away! Please show the realistic fans just how foggy your glasses are.

I have said all year this team is not ready to compete with the elite, plain and simple. I have heard the excuses, most notably injuries. News flash, injuries happen with every team. I get it, we are fans but some fans really need to clean their orange colored glasses and see this program has a ways to go before we can compete with the elite. Don't see it happening anytime soon. All you sunshine pumpers flame away! Please show the realistic fans just how foggy your glasses are.

This thread is a lot of things, but it certainly isn’t the “Lady Vols Sunshine Pumpers” thread.

Pointing out that they’ve had injuries is not a comment on the state of the program. My gosh…people will just complain about everything.

But try taking the best player off every other team in February and see how they perform. Then take off a post player off the bench and see how they perform. That’s not even considering the second leading scorer missed the first 13 games of the season…all facts.

This thread is a lot of things, but it certainly isn’t the “Lady Vols Sunshine Pumpers” thread.
No it is not. I was referring to the hundred other threads where fans were pumping how great this program is (living in the past). From some comments you would think Pat is still coaching. This program is a shell of what it once was, no doubt. To fix it, you must be realistic and admit the state of the program. The fact that BUTLER played us that close is just another example. Wait until we play a team that can actually dribble a basketball ...

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Pointing out that they’ve had injuries is not a comment on the state of the program. My gosh…people will just complain about everything.

But try taking the best player off every other team in February and see how they perform. Then take off a post player off the bench and see how they perform. That’s not even considering the second leading scorer missed the first 13 games of the season…all facts.
Thank you for proving my point!! You do realize that BUTLER almost beat us in Knoxville don't you!

Lady Vols hadn't been to the Sweet 16 since 2015-2016. Kellie Harper doing a solid job.
Girls basketball is not just about the few elite anymore. Quite a few mid majors a high seeds made it to the sweet sixteen this year. They are more well rounded, which is good for the sport. I'm glad to see the girls get to the sweet sixteen. They will have to play with the intensity that they had when we were winning all those games before the injuries. They had it in the first half--so I'm hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back