‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Technically Spyre loses nothing anyway. They already made 10% on every donation, 😂
If the contract is structured like the earlier linked quote suggested, and they own his NIL rights even if the contract is terminated, then they could easily sell those rights to the collective “tied” to whatever school he signs with as well. Would be easy enough to recoup the 350k.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If the contract is structured like the earlier linked quote suggested, and they own his NIL rights even if the contract is terminated, then they could easily sell those rights to the collective “tied” to whatever school he signs with as well. Would be easy enough to recoup the 350k.
The quote is from the lawyer who’s “seen such language” and would “never let one of my clients sign” such a contract. He worried about athletes signing away their NIL rights without an attorney. He helped draw up the language for the unnamed athlete who appears to be Nico. Pretty clear.

Here is how this is going to work: UT/Spyre is going to give him 8 million dollars….. there is going to be language in the contract where he will only be able to complete his obligations from UT…. Judges don’t care about NCAA rules so those requirements won’t be indermining anything legally…. If the contract is voided then the client will have the right to get a new nil deal at another school but it won’t be as easy to get out of the contract as nico leaving or Tennessee just deciding not to pay him.
Y'all reading that Mandel article like:

dumb-dumber.gif

The quote is from the lawyer who’s “seen such language” and would “never let one of my clients sign” such a contract. He worried about athletes signing away their NIL rights without an attorney. He helped draw up the language for the unnamed athlete who appears to be Nico. Pretty clear.
Wasn’t sure if he was the lawyer for this particular client or just quoted because of his experience with this particular subject. Thanks for the clarification.

Y'all reading that Mandel article like:

View attachment 441238
I have read plenty of articles and heard a lot of lawyers speak….. Spyre has lawyers as well and the contract will be written up to the benefit of both parties….. he will be allowed to play at Tennessee only by the language in the contract…. If the contract is null and void( which will be bc of certain guidelines as written in the contract)…. He will be able to pursue other nil opportunities….. I can definitely see us giving him 350,000 as show of good faith but it may/may not come with stipulations as well.

I have read plenty of articles and heard a lot of lawyers speak….. Spyre has lawyers as well and the contract will be written up to the benefit of both parties….. he will be allowed to play at Tennessee only by the language in the contract…. If the contract is null and void( which will be bc of certain guidelines as written in the contract)…. He will be able to pursue other nil opportunities….. I can definitely see us giving him 350,000 as show of good faith but it may/may not come with stipulations as well.
I assume the 350K as a show of good faith would be given to him at the signing of the contract? If so, does that not make him ineligible for his senior year of high school?

You can post that a million times and it proves nothing. I admit what I'm saying is conjecture. What you're posting is conjecture. Only a fool would give a kid $350K with no strings attached. Every 5 star would come and tell Spyre whatever they wanted to hear with no intention of ever playing a down for the university of Tennessee. You'd have other coaches encourage recruits to go get their free money and then sign with their programs.

You can believe what you want. I choose to believe the people at Spyre aren't T total idiots.
Again, what you are saying is conjecture, what Stewart Mandel is saying is not conjecture, he has seen the contract, and quotes it in the article, and quotes Caspirino, the recruit in question's lawyer. Again, not conjecture. I agree none of this makes much business sense but when has being a bag man ever made much financial sense? These are people with a rooting interest in a university's football team giving money seeking the intangible reward of a good football team on fall Saturdays. It's always been a money hole. I'm sure the dudes at Spyre will do fine off of whatever administrative fees they have built into the donations. If they make any money on anything else it's gravy but what is really being sought is a good football team. The actual name, image and likeness of these high school kids might be worth what is being paid all over college football, 1 out of 100 times.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Again, what you are saying is conjecture, what Stewart Mandel is saying is not conjecture, he has seen the contract, and quotes it in the article, and quotes Caspirino, the recruit in question's lawyer. Again, not conjecture. I agree none of this makes much business sense but when has being a bag man ever made much financial sense? These are people with a rooting interest in a university's football team giving money seeking the intangible reward of a good football team on fall Saturdays. It's always been a money hole. I'm sure the dudes at Spyre will do fine off of whatever administrative fees they have built into the donations. If they make any money on anything else it's gravy but what is really being sought is a good football team. The actual name, image and likeness of these high school kids might be worth what is being paid all over college football, 1 out of 100 times.
Nothing in those articles state that he's not tied to Spyre, nothing. It doesn't address the contract at all. It's all 100% hypothetical. It only addresses that it doesn't tie him to a particular school. You are making assumptions off conjecture. You're welcome to do that. I too am making assumptions off conjecture. At least I'm wling to admit it.

I assume the 350K as a show of good faith would be given to him at the signing of the contract? If so, does that not make him ineligible for his senior year of high school?

I think in many states this is the case, but not in California. So he would still be eligible for his senior year based on Cali law. This is how when the initial article came out about a player getting a massive NIL deal everyone narrowed it down to Nico because he's a QB in Cali.

VN Store

Back