‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

The Mandel article literally quotes the contract. It also quotes the lawyer for the kid in question saying he's not going to ever let one of his clients sign something that involves a collective keeping the athlete's NIL rights after the relationship ends. No one has said the kid in question isn't tied to the collective in question but it's not the permanent indentured servitude you guys seem to want. The ultimate problem is that it's still not permitted, despite popular understanding to the contrary, to condition in NIL deals upon an athlete attending or remaining at a certain school, and that problem can't be alleviated in some of the cartoon-ish ways folks are imagining. That's why the forwarding of money, especially prior to enrollment, contains an element of risk. That risk is nothing new in the bag man game. Eric Dickerson drove a Trans Am that Texas A&M bought him to SMU.
It doesn't state that, at all. He makes a general comment that states he wouldn't allow a contract that would bind the client after the relationship ends. It doesn't address that there could be stipulations in ending the contract. There very well could be and probably are stipulations on ending the contract. Are you sure you are a lawyer?

So, how many morans in here would be a fan of UT football and then be a fan of any other school for any other sport above UT. I'll wait.....

I must not have typed loudly enough, because nobody responded. Or maybe that is because UT fans don't follow different schools for different sports. We follow UT, because we love UT and everything about UT. Cheering for Vandy or Memphis over UT for anything would make a UT fan physically sick. This Oregon "fan" either thinks we are stoopid or they are the worst "fan" ever.
I was thinking the same thing. It'd be like going to an Oregon board, bragging about being a UT fan, getting my *** handed to me, and then falling back to "I was talking about Vandy".

It's nice to know we're so far in this troll's head.

If Nico signs with UT for the reported $8 mil, everyone will assume he will be the starter so how do the coaches get and keep a good backup QB. Does Tayven Jackson stay? How much do you have to pay Nico's backup? This paying a recruit a huge amount to sign will have other implications that I have not heard people discuss? Just curious what your thoughts are.

Reactions: larjoranj
If Nico signs with UT for the reported $8 mil, everyone will assume he will be the starter so how do the coaches get and keep a good backup QB. Does Tayven Jackson stay? How much do you have to pay Nico's backup? This paying a recruit a huge amount to sign will have other implications that I have not heard people discuss? Just curious what your thoughts are.
This is why staff will have to manage. I’d say that Tayven either has or will have a deal. Not as high as Nico’s, but he’ll have a deal. Now, if he wins the job next year, I’m sure he’ll want more money. And we’ll give it to him. Coaches will have to adapt to this until it is regulated.

This is really the only issue I see with any of this; namely, how to manage egos when these kind of dollar figures are floating around.

Personally, I believe that we spent $8 Million not necessarily on Nico as a player, but more to rehabilitate the image of the program and to signal to others that we are serious players on this stage now. But you can’t tell that to your other QBs/players, because regardless of why you spent it, Nico still gets the 8 mil, and they don’t

Gonna be interesting. Get those 1951 donations in.

Nicco is not going to be handed the job because of his deal...at the end of the day you must compete and win the job...i think CH will do what is right for the team at the end of the day😎

DCJW

iu

VN Store

Back