NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

Here's some advice, take it or leave it:

The best, most stress-free way to watch this team in this tournament this year is to let go of any expectations of them looking smooth or consistent on either end. If they just have enough good moments to eke out a 1-point win, let that be enough to make you happy. Nothing else matters at this point as long as they can string together enough decent moments to survive and advance.

Hopefully they will be a better, healthier team next season, but we are what we are right now, and no amount of complaining or incredulous verbal face-palming by us is going to change it. Hopefully we'll catch some lucky breaks here and there on Monday and get another win.

It helps to keep bringing your focus back to something positive while you watch. We managed to get it together and win. That'll just have to be good enough right now. Tennessee WON. They advanced! They'll have another opportunity Monday, and hopefully they'll survive and advance again. I'll take ANY KIND OF WIN.

on that final scoreboard,,,all we have to do is be ahead by one for a win
not that I prefer/expect that, but,,,I guarantee the men would have taken such a win today

We had better be ready for Belmont because they will be sky high to take down another Goliath. We have to cleanup on the turnovers and TK can’t afford to miss easy shots in the paint. I love Burrell but she needs to give the ball up early and stop the erratic dribbling. Belmont appears to be a team that you can’t give an inch.

We had better be ready for Belmont because they will be sky high to take down another Goliath. We have to cleanup on the turnovers and TK can’t afford to miss easy shots in the paint. I love Burrell but she needs to give the ball up early and stop the erratic dribbling. Belmont appears to be a team that you can’t give an inch.

Wonder if they'll stay in their own beds and take the 3 hour ride back to campus so they can get treatment or stay in a hotel which means maybe not as good of treatment to get legs rejuvenated. Either way we gotta be ready to play. But i would think if they thought they could get another week for jordy to heal they'd play out their minds

Belmont alum, love UT. Pulling for the Lady Vols on Monday. Side history note, Belmont has actually beaten UT before, many years ago. Belmont was coached by Betty Wiseman, and they played UT in Belmont's old Striplin Gym. Coach Wiseman told me the Belmont folks stayed in the gym for hours just talking about the game.

Last edited:
Concerned.

"Game of the Decade" for Belmont. They'll have all the intangibles on their side. No way I'd wager an inflation-depleted dollar against 'em.

We're gonna need a stifling game on defense, and a couple of personnel mismatches that we can exploit for at least 36 minutes.

Im not too concerned about UT winning this game. Belmont playing in 2OTs should work in our favor. I love CKJH’s strategy when it comes to substitutions. We wore Buffalo down with the fresh legs. I expect the same against Belmont on Monday.

Last edited:
Belmont alum, love UT. Pulling for the Lady Vols on Monday. Side history note, Belmont has actually beaten UT before, many years ago. Belmont was coached by Betty Wiseman, and they played UT in Belmont's old Striplin Gym. Coach Wiseman told me the Belmont folks stayed in the gym for hours just talking about the game.

This time we have Striplin on our side 🙌🏿

Love all Vol teams and the Lady Vols. But we are standing around way to much on offense and that causes turnovers. We stand and get no separation and when the person with the ball stops dribbling everyone is locked up. I love Harper but you better be worried about the turnovers, because our turnovers are often based on people standing and watching the person with the ball. Keyes played soft as a marshmallow early and looked lost. We missed countless point blank shots early. We can play well at times but our intensity has to get better, our movement without the ball has to get better. Your not going to get open standing around. Go Lady Vols

This is old news. Seems like you’re just here to cast a shadow on a great win and a great kid.
“Great kid” adjectives like great are so overused now they mean nothing. I’ve seen players seasons ended for less and imo should’ve been the same here

Here's some advice, take it or leave it:

The best, most stress-free way to watch this team in this tournament this year is to let go of any expectations of them looking smooth or consistent on either end. If they just have enough good moments to eke out a 1-point win, let that be enough to make you happy. Nothing else matters at this point as long as they can string together enough decent moments to survive and advance.

Hopefully they will be a better, healthier team next season, but we are what we are right now, and no amount of complaining or incredulous verbal face-palming by us is going to change it. Hopefully we'll catch some lucky breaks here and there on Monday and get another win.

It helps to keep bringing your focus back to something positive while you watch. We managed to get it together and win. That'll just have to be good enough right now. Tennessee WON. They advanced! They'll have another opportunity Monday, and hopefully they'll survive and advance again. I'll take ANY KIND OF WIN.

Fantastic post.. I have been getting so agitated watching this team, but have really worked during the last few games to remind myself that at this point without Jordy and Green and a 100% Burrell, we're fairly average. I don't mean that with disrespect, but it is the truth. When I keep this in mind, I can accept much better the droughts in scoring, the missed layups, and the constant turnovers (well I do struggle with that aspect). Also what helps is I do believe this team is trying to do the best they can and they have moments where they really do shine! Moreover, I think we all anticipate a significantly better team next year than we have had once our injuries started to mount this year. It some ways, it would be great to reach the Sweet 16 this year given all we have gone through.

Massey has Tennessee a 10-point favorite over Belmont. A -3 point over Oregon. Happy it's Belmont. 68 to 58. If we play like we did the second half it will be a 20-point game. As always go Lady Vol's.
We can’t take anything for granted.Massy’s guesstimation does not take into consideration that Belmont has nothing to lose. As I said Belmont will be sky high, so we need to keep them at bay from the get go. The way we turnover the ball and Belmont shoots the threes we have to be on our game and keep our minds in the game.

Love all Vol teams and the Lady Vols. But we are standing around way to much on offense and that causes turnovers. We stand and get no separation and when the person with the ball stops dribbling everyone is locked up. I love Harper but you better be worried about the turnovers, because our turnovers are often based on people standing and watching the person with the ball. Keyes played soft as a marshmallow early and looked lost. We missed countless point blank shots early. We can play well at times but our intensity has to get better, our movement without the ball has to get better. Your not going to get open standing around. Go Lady Vols

You've hit on offensive issues that have plagued us for years. It's why our A/TO ratio is so bad in most games....

Kyra Elzy didn’t sell out to her players antics and she won a SEC Championship… 1 game for what she did is interesting

VN Store

Back