LSU - It's ABOUT TIME!

But until those allegations are addressed by the courts they aren't violations of the Sherman Acr.

I would say its moot unless someone is damaged andor takes legal action.

The NCAA isn't really enforcing anything and I doubt they really do against anyone in particular that will matter.

Pearl would probably tell them to kiss his ass. They're not going to mess with anyone that can stick them with a quarter billion dollar bill.

But they haven't yet.

Let's take LSU out of it. Do you think Jeremy Pruitt should succeed in a lawsuit against the University of Tennessee?

I'm not detailed familiar with Pruitt situation although its possible he could win in a suit depending on the details. I mean Tennessee shouldn't be working and colluding with the NCAA to stop commerce, although they themselves can setup their own policy.

The general problem with this is the NCAA and the member school working with each other thru the NCAA. I see nothing with individual schools setting up their own contract, its the colluding that is the problem with all of this. See Kavaugh's comments in the SC case.

I would say its moot unless someone is damaged andor takes legal action.

The NCAA isn't really enforcing anything and I doubt they really do against anyone in particular that will matter.

Pearl would probably tell them to kiss his ass. They're not going to mess with anyone that can stick them with a quarter billion dollar bill.

Why would Wade or Pearl be in a position to sue for a quarter billion dollars?

I'm not detailed familiar with Pruitt situation although its possible he could win in a suit depending on the details. I mean Tennessee shouldn't be working and colluding with the NCAA to stop commerce, although they themselves can setup their own policy.

The general problem with this is the NCAA and the member school working with each other thru the NCAA. I see nothing with individual schools setting up their own contract, its the colluding that is the problem with all of this. See Kavaugh's comments in the SC case.

LSU set up their own contract with Wade that says he can't sue them if the NCAA assess Level 1 sanctions. There is no other school involved in that contract.

Why would Wade or Pearl be in a position to sue for a quarter billion dollars?

Damages would fairly easy to calculate, Pearl has a 10 year deal worth in the $70-100m range, triple damages and attorney fees under anti-trust. Will Wade is in that range or can be proven he is.

LSU set up their own contract with Wade that says he can't sue them if the NCAA assess Level 1 sanctions. There is no other school involved in that contract.

The NCAA rule(s) itself shouldn't exist. LOL They colluded with the schools thru the NCAA to establish the rules and even change the rules. The contract includes evidence of the colluding i.e. NCAA violations. Why is LSU colluding with other schools thru and with the NCAA to stop Wade from paying players? LOL

LSU could chance firing him as he doesn't have much time left on the contract, he'll be getting a raise wherever he ends up.

The problem for LSU is they self-reported and self-imposed for football, they should have never done that.

Do not self-report and do not self-impose penalties.

Last edited:
Damages would fairly easy to calculate, Pearl has a 10 year deal worth in the $70-100m range, triple damages and attorney fees under anti-trust. Will Wade is in that range.

The NCAA rule(s) itself shouldn't exist. LOL They colluded with the schools thru the NCAA to establish the rules and even change the rules.
You post "LOL" after statements of conjecture, and say things like "This really isn't that difficult" after making definitive assessments of matters you are clearly not well-versed with. It's pompous and pretentious.

Reactions: onevol74 and Carp
You post "LOL" after statements of conjecture, and say things like "This really isn't that difficult" after making definitive assessments of matters you are clearly not well-versed with. It's pompous and pretentious.

Its not pompous or pretentious... its like trying to convince a dinosaur he isn't dead and fossilized. Everything we are talking about has been discussed by many of us for 10 years, I said the players would be paid and in some cases will be determined to be employees. I said it could take 10 years, iirc, it has taken slightly less than that.

Most of this was duhhh 8-10 years ago, at this point... its already there and beyond.

Talking to people like you is like talking to Japanese soldier that couldn't believe Japan had surrendered.... at some point its hilarious. Now imagine you are walking one day and you see 70 year old Japanese soldier with all his weapons and he actually believes that WW2 isn't over... wouldn't you find that funny as hell.

Its pretty simple, its over, you can believe it or not.

Japan WW2 soldier who refused to surrender Hiroo Onoda dies

_72340161_020656987-1.jpg

Damages would fairly easy to calculate, Pearl has a 10 year deal worth in the $70-100m range, triple damages and attorney fees under anti-trust. Will Wade is in that range or can be proven he is.

Once again, where is the anti-trust argument for either Wade or Pearl? Even if the courts were to declare that direct payments must be allowed, how would Wade or Pearl be a victim of an anti-trust violation?

The NCAA rule(s) itself shouldn't exist. LOL

But they do, and have for more than half a century.

They colluded with the schools thru the NCAA to establish the rules and even change the rules.

That's not collusion. The schools are the NCAA. They are not distinct entities.

The contract includes evidence of the colluding i.e. NCAA violations. Why is LSU colluding with other schools thru and with the NCAA to stop Wade from paying players? LOL

You're leaving out the critical question: why did Wade sign the contract if the contract itself is illegal?

Reactions: LoudOrange

What's more, he says these issues aren't difficult, but he has spent 5 pages failing to communicate a coherent argument for his allegedly simple conclusions.

Once again, where is the anti-trust argument for either Wade or Pearl? Even if the courts were to declare that direct payments must be allowed, how would Wade or Pearl be a victim of an anti-trust violation?

They are stopping commerce or attempting to stop commerce via collusion in a monopoly setting i.e. NCAA and NCAA rules. (the NCAA admits they have a monopoly) The NCAA really doesn't have any defense to this, its a.... well, we think we are special i.e. amateur athletes. It was nonsense decades ago, its nonsense today.... it will be nonsense tomorrow.

Both the coach and player in that instance would have standing for injunction relief and damages (if any).

But they do, and have for more than half a century.
They only exist if you believe they exist, the ones that don't believe they exist... they don't. Without enforcement its moot, which is what the NCAA has been doing for years now.

Nobody cares, nobody is going to enforce... .so its moot. The NCAA really isn't doing anything to anyone.

That's not collusion. The schools are the NCAA. They are not distinct entities.

The NCAA is a monopoly, the schools are part of the monopoly. There isn't anything difficult about this, I mean it was duh before... the Supreme Court even made it easy for a Gump with a 4th grade education to understand.

he NCAA’s business model would be flatly il-
legal in almost any other industry in America. All of the
restaurants in a region cannot come together to cut cooks’
wages on the theory that “customers prefer” to eat food from
low-paid cooks. Law firms cannot conspire to cabin lawyers’
salaries in the name of providing legal services out of a “love
of the law.” Hospitals cannot agree to cap nurses’ income
in order to create a “purer” form of helping the sick. News
organizations cannot join force s to curtail pay to reporters
to preserve a “tradition” of public-minded journalism.
Movie studios cannot collude to slash benefits to camera
crews to kindle a “spirit of amateurism” in Hollywood.
Price-fixing labor is price-fi xing labor. And price-fixing
labor is ordinarily a textbook antitrust problem because it
extinguishes the free market in which individuals can oth-
erwise obtain fair compensation for their work. See, e.g.,

4 NATIONAL COLLEGIATE ATHLETIC ASSN. v. ALSTON
KAVANAUGH, J., concurring
Texaco Inc. v. Dagher, 547 U. S. 1, 5 (2006). Businesses like
the NCAA cannot avoid the consequences of price-fixing la-
bor by incorporating price-fixed labor into the definition of
the product. Or to put it in more doctrinal terms, a monop-
sony cannot launder its price-fixing of labor by calling it
product definition.

Kavaugh says its a price fixing scam i.e. what we would call a criminal enterprise. <------ Schools can get together and price fix, which is what they have been doing.

There really isn't anything complex about this, for some reason you guys think the law doesn't apply, I guess?

You're leaving out the critical question: why did Wade sign the contract if the contract itself is illegal?

Who said the contract is illegal, portions are void or voidable. Even if not void or voidable that would be evidence to use in the anti-trust case against LSU and the NCAA.

So, Wade would have a cause to void that portion of the contract and if not successful just amend and sue under anti-trust law. I would just probably sue directly under anti-trust law, but he could just enforce the contract see how that goes. Of course, on Wade the damages would be a lot less (contract set to expire).... so it might be just easier to get a new job for more money.

In Pearl's case, the NCAA would be look at a quarter billion, hence, no real action.

I'm actually baffled why you guys are still on this.... this isn't going anywhere. Everything doesn't go to court, especially if people do what people tell them. Which is why DOJ Anti-trust Division just sends letter to get the criminal NCAA back in line... no court needed.

Last edited:
They are stopping commerce or attempting to stop commerce via collusion in a monopoly setting i.e. NCAA and NCAA rules. (the NCAA admits they have a monopoly)

Both the coach and player in that instance would have standing for injunction relief and damages (if any).

It's one thing for you to talk about anti-trust and then give no support. Maybe you understand it, maybe you don't. But you clearly have absolutely no clue about contract law. That is not in question.

You cannot contract for something illegal. For instance, you cannot hire a hitman to murder someone. Such a contract is void on its face. But here's the thing: if two parties agree to an illegal contract then both parties have committed the same crime. So, if the contract Wade signed is illegal (as you've argued), then Wade cannot have been damaged by it. In fact, he would be an active participant in the anti-trust conspiracy.

Of course, it is perfectly legal for a contract to prohibit an act that is otherwise legal. For instance, your employer can put a non-compete clause in your contract. There's nothing illegal about leaving your current employer and going straight to work for a competitor. But it is absolutely acceptable for you to agree to refrain from doing so under penalty of civil action. Similarly, even if it is completely legal for a school to pay a player for his athletic performance it would still be completely legal for the school to prohibit the head coach from arranging the payment.

Last edited:
It's one thing for you to talk about anti-trust and then give no support. Maybe you understand it, maybe you don't. But you clearly have absolutely no clue about contract law. That is not in question.

You cannot contact for something illegal. For instance, you cannot hire a hitman to murder someone. Such a contract is void on its face. But here's the thing: if two parties agree to an illegal contract then both parties have committed the same crime. So, if the contract Wade signed is illegal (as you've argued), then Wade cannot have been damaged by it. In fact, he would be an active participant in the anti-trust conspiracy.

Of course, it is perfectly legal for a contract to prohibit an act that is otherwise legal. For instance, your employer can put a non-compete clause in your contract. There's nothing illegal about leaving your current employer and going straight to work for a competitor. But it is absolutely acceptable for you to agree to refrain from doing so under penalty of civil action. Similarly, even if it is completely legal for a school to pay a player for his athletic performance it would still be completely legal for the school to prohibit the head coach from arranging the payment.

No, I never said it was illegal. Do you have reading disability, I even pointed it out to you in the above post.

Portions of contracts can be void or voidable, but even if not voided he would still have standing under anti-trust law and both the NCAA and LSU could be defendants.

If the contract didn't include basically NCAA violations than they could fire him for paying players if specified. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that, the inclusion of the NCAA is the trouble with all of this.

Get rid of the NCAA... you get rid of 99% of the problems.

How many years do I have to tell you, and how many court orders are you going to have to read to figure out this isn't going to work?

This isn't going anywhere, the NCAA knows that.... they just don't have a plan B.... fake it until you make it I guess. The courts (lower, appeals and Supreme court) are all saying the same thing... get the **** out of the way.

Last edited:
No, I never said it was illegal. Do you have reading disability, I even pointed it out to you in the above post.

Portions of contracts can be void or voidable, but even if not voided he would still have standing under anti-trust law and both the NCAA and LSU could be defendants.

What about that the clause in question is voidable? Has a judge at any level ruled the activity illegal? Has Congress or the Louisiana legislature passed a law on the subject?

If the contract didn't include basically NCAA violations than they could fire him for paying players if specified. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that, the inclusion of the NCAA is the trouble with all of this.

How? Wade agreed, as do all coaches, to abide by NCAA bylaws. He agreed to that voluntarily. If the schools colluded, via the NCAA, to violate the Sherman Act, then Wade became an active participant in the conspiracy the moment he put his signature on the the paper.

How many years do I have to tell you, and how many court orders are you going to have to read to figure out this isn't going to work?

Exactly a decade ago you told me that I was committing slander on this message board. You'll have to forgive me if I don't defer to your towering legal acumen.

Last edited:
What's more, he says these issues aren't difficult, but he has spent 5 pages failing to communicate a coherent argument for his allegedly simple conclusions.
He also admitted he’s not a lawyer either. I ain’t wasting 15 seconds talking to anybody about this stuff who isn’t versed in contract law. The pompous biased opinion of a fan means squat to me. This really comes down to what the contract says and if LSU deems he violated it and if they can fire him with cause.

Is the NCAA the only source of coaching contracts? I can kinda get the angle for the kids, but the coaches have plenty of options outside the NCAA. He could move up, he could move down, he could move up. The NCAA doesnt control any of that.

It's not an ANTI trust issue to say you cant compete within a private association.

If the city doesn't enforce than its all moot and immaterial. The NCAA is not really enforcing anything so what is there to overturn? Until someone is damaged by their action than standing could be a problem but if you don't believe enforcement is going to happen why would anyone do anything? There laws across the good ole US which are unconstitutional, but nobody cares because a good portion of them are never enforced.

The NCAA isn't doing anything to anyone, not really.
LOL. Tell this to Donnie Tyndall and his 10 year show cause.

No, I never said it was illegal. Do you have reading disability,
... and yes, you are a pompous a$$. LOL.

Your posts are a combination of biased conjecture, combined with a misinterpretation of a Supreme Court decision pertaining to anti-trust laws. You also seem ignorant of contract law ... and then you have the balls to be patronizing on top of it all? That's great.

Get rid of the NCAA... you get rid of 99% of the problems.

This isn't going anywhere, the NCAA knows that.... they just don't have a plan B.... fake it until you make it I guess. The courts (lower, appeals and Supreme court) are all saying the same thing... get the **** out of the way.

Dude, you need to take your L and go away for a while. You're wildly incorrect at like 10 different points in this thread...

He also admitted he’s not a lawyer either. I ain’t wasting 15 seconds talking to anybody about this stuff who isn’t versed in contract law. The pompous biased opinion of a fan means squat to me. This really comes down to what the contract says and if LSU deems he violated it and if they can fire him with cause.
Hate to say I told him so. If this news is true, he can read my last sentence above and find out all he needs to know about how this went down. LSU has just been waiting on the notice of allegations to fire with cause. Wade ain’t getting squat and it couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Fat pasty putz.

They could decide not to renew his contract which I believe is up after 2023 but if they dismiss him due to paying a player due to a NCAA violation. They are opening themselves up to civil liability and the potential for indictment.

What the NCAA (and member) schools have been doing is actually criminal under federal law. The Supreme Court case they lost could easily turn into criminal indictments if the AG wanted.
So.... when can we expect these indictments to be handed down? LOL.

I've been a member of this forum for over 8 years, and never seen a poster make as big a fool of himself as you did in this thread.

So.... when can we expect these indictments to be handed down? LOL.

I've been a member of this forum for over 8 years, and never seen a poster make as big a fool of himself as you did in this thread.
Gonna have to put out an APB on that clown. Suspect you won’t see him around here for a long time if ever.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
The NCAA, LSU, and countless other schools have dozens of lawyers on stand by that go through every detail of contract language. Yet this dude knows more than all of them, lol.

The NCAA, LSU, and countless other schools have dozens of lawyers on stand by that go through every detail of contract language. Yet this dude knows more than all of them, lol.

Yes, the NCAA has all kinds of lawyers on the payroll.... they lost at the lower court, lost at appeals and lost at the Supreme Court. (rinse and repeat)

Gonna have to put out an APB on that clown. Suspect you won’t see him around here for a long time if ever.

I said multiple times in this thread that they (LSU) could fire him as the amount due on his contract is minimum. LOL He could sue but as I previously said he will probably be getting a raise. We'll see if he does or just moves along.

LSU could chance firing him as he doesn't have much time left on the contract, he'll be getting a raise wherever he ends up.
LSU - It's ABOUT TIME!

I said multiple times in this thread that they (LSU) could fire him as the amount due on his contract is minimum. LOL He could sue but as I previously said he will probably be getting a raise. We'll see if he does or just moves along.

LSU - It's ABOUT TIME!
Yeah but now LSU owes him triple what is remaining on his contact because all his damages get tripled because this all is such a massive injustice and outside any law

Reactions: bamawriter

VN Store

Back