‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

This is absurd. Dude he’s still a national championship winning head coach. You can hate Georgia and still give credit. There are like 5 active coaches who can say that. If you can recruit at such a high level that you can beat coaches that are smarter at X’s and O’s than you, that’s still elite in its own right. I hate that bowl cut doofus, but to sit at your keyboard calling him overrated while they just won the Natty is so stupid.
Kirby is an Elite recruiter. Mark Richt has several teams with Thomas Davis etc that were better than this years Bulldogs. Difference is UGA paid for this Title and got a beat up Bama team for the title. Kirby is not elite. He just has talent its hard to lose with. Kinda like Fulmer in the 90's

I know there's a lot of rich people out there, but I don't see boosters supporting a 30M+ a year cost with no upside of return. That's not sustainable.

Watch the SMU death penalty 30 for 30. They've been paying players for at least 30 years, and in many cases, the "return" was bragging rights and fear of embarrassment.

Hell, look at the average fan here that lives vicariously through UT football and basically brag weekly about how humiliating it is for them that UT hasn't... or has... Putting so much of your own self worth into something like that doesn't create rational decisions.

Lastly, you don't view money the same way billionaires do. On percentages alone, "disposable" income looks very different to a multi-multi-multi-millionaire than it does to an average Joe who's worried that is bothered by a $40 increase on a tank of gas.

Someone who's lived in the desert all their lives can't imagine ****-ing in clean water as being sustainable in the least.

Reactions: PA Vol and MEDVOL
The fact they believe we have no money is just hilarious to me. Shows how brain dead many of these CFB fans are. The donors we have, Spyre and just the overall massive fanbase makes it easy to raise 25-30M a year. Hell, Spyre even admitted to setting a goal of 3-4M and almost immediately were like "yeahhhh i think we can get 25 plus." When we start winning more its gonna skyrocket even more. For the first time in a while we have the AD, coaches, players and everyone starting to pull in the same direction and its showing. We are doing well again in most of the sports and the culture is getting healthier day by day. Feels to good to see UT start to remind people who we are again.
And when fans see Spyre land Nico, the donations are only going to increase. People once laughed at this but they will laugh no longer. We have a huge fan base. Imagine 200k Vol fans donating $19.51 per month. That's nearly 4 million per month. That's the price of 2 fast food meals, not significant at all. And that doesn't count the big time donors or other donations that are higher in the 1951 club. Just Vol fans alone can sign a Nico and then some every single year if we get on board.

SPREAD THE WORD

Last edited:
Saban, is the only elite coach in CFB followed by Dabo, Smart. Urban ran circles around both the two bums and would be on elite status.

Kirby is an Elite recruiter. Mark Richt has several teams with Thomas Davis etc that were better than this years Bulldogs. Difference is UGA paid for this Title and got a beat up Bama team for the title. Kirby is not elite. He just has talent its hard to lose with. Kinda like Fulmer in the 90's
We’re making the same point from different angles. Whether you recruit, cheat, or coach well, every coach in the country is trying to do all of those things. Even if the best thing Kirby offers is cheating, he cheats at an elite level. If Butch or Pruitt (known dullards) cheated us to a national championship despite being garbage coaches, we would be crowing from the rooftops. Kirby may not be elite at coaching, but he does something at an elite level (probably just cheating) that brought his school a Natty. That’s elite.

Reactions: VolNash17
Thoughts: Contract something like, "$350,000/yr guaranteed, and has to play through at least Junior year. $XXX amount bonuses if UT wins 8 games a year, 9, 10, 12, Makes Playoff, Wins Title..." ???

And when fans see Spyre land Nico, the donations are only going to increase. People once laughed at this but they will laugh no longer. We have a huge fan base. Imagine 200k Vol fans donating $19.51 per month. That's nearly 4 million per year. That's the price of 2 fast food meals, not significant at all. And that doesn't count the big time donors or other donations that are higher in the 1951 club. Just Vol fans alone can sign a Nico and then some every single year if we get on board.

SPREAD THE WORD

totally agree.

whoever it was that had the $19.51 idea deserves alot of credit. I know that came a little later. But there were tens of thousands of ppl who could now get involved bc of that. Small numbers add up. Lets go!

We’re making the same point from different angles. Whether you recruit, cheat, or coach well, every coach in the country is trying to do all of those things. Even if the best thing Kirby offers is cheating, he cheats at an elite level. If Butch or Pruitt (known dullards) cheated us to a national championship despite being garbage coaches, we would be crowing from the rooftops. Kirby may not be elite at coaching, but he does something at an elite level (probably just cheating) that brought his school a Natty. That’s elite.
Butch beat Kirby, Dooley beat Butch...... Thats all im saying

The fact they believe we have no money is just hilarious to me. Shows how brain dead many of these CFB fans are. The donors we have, Spyre and just the overall massive fanbase makes it easy to raise 25-30M a year. Hell, Spyre even admitted to setting a goal of 3-4M and almost immediately were like "yeahhhh i think we can get 25 plus." When we start winning its gonna skyrocket even more. For the first time in a while we have the AD, coaches, players and everyone starting to pull in the same direction and its showing. We are doing well again in most of the sports and the culture is getting healthier day by day. Feels to good to see UT start to remind people who we are again.

Right. And while our AD and HBC weren’t exactly splash hires, they’re young and upcoming and likely more interested in hopping on board with the new way things are working. Rather than the old guys and their old ways and resistance to change.

It’s crazy to me that he has signed the money deal but he can still choose an school he wants.

Imagine going on a visit signing a deal and collecting some guaranteed money and then going to a different school. 😂
My guess is that while the contract doesn't state what school he goes to it probably has requirements that he lives in a geographic location to be available for appearances. Something along those lines.

And when fans see Spyre land Nico, the donations are only going to increase. People once laughed at this but they will laugh no longer. We have a huge fan base. Imagine 200k Vol fans donating $19.51 per month. That's nearly 4 million per year. That's the price of 2 fast food meals, not significant at all. And that doesn't count the big time donors or other donations that are higher in the 1951 club. Just Vol fans alone can sign a Nico and then some every single year if we get on board.

SPREAD THE WORD
This.

Rich boosters aside, is it beyond imagining that UT has the base big enough that 30,000 fans would donate $1,000 each to the collective? That 30 mil without dipping into the rich boosters--just the middle class.

For a fanbase that has experienced the highs of being elite and the lows of losing to GA State. For a fanbase that thinks it our right to be elite and has been hungry for it as a generation wandered and died in the desert... For a fanbase that sees us as deserving to be at Bama's level and bristled when an anonymous Oregon poster called us "bottom dweller SEC"...

This fanbase will pony up from the middle.

If the collective uses this 30 mil well, buys top 5 classes and the staff wins, it won't be 30 mil for long, I suspect.

The question is, what conditions are on the non-guaranteed money if it's not tied to him being at UT? And can those conditions be met elsewhere, so that UT's collective ends up still paying him to perform at another school?
I’m sure it is somehow tied to him being at UT just not “tied to him being at UT”.

This.

Rich boosters aside, is it beyond imagining that UT has the base big enough that 30,000 fans would donate $1,000 each to the collective? That 30 mil without dipping into the rich boosters--just the middle class.

For a fanbase that has experienced the highs of being elite and the lows of losing to GA State. For a fanbase that thinks it our right to be elite and has been hungry for it as a generation wandered and died in the desert... For a fanbase that sees us as deserving to be at Bama's level and bristled when an anonymous Oregon poster called us "bottom dweller SEC"...

This fanbase will pony up from the middle.

If the collective uses this 30 mil well, buys top 5 classes and the staff wins, it won't be 30 mil for long, I suspect.
That’s it…I’m signing up for the 1951 club… I’m ready for this.

VN Store

Back