Pahokee coach confused, saddened by Kiffins comments

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that what Kiffin said was 100% correct. My bet is that a lot of HS coaches down there try to block other schools from their kids, probably at the request of UF. Sort of like Alabama telling kids not to visit UT. Recruiting is a dirty business.

If you listen to the tape about Urban and the phone call, Kiffin never said it was a rule violation. He said that a coach was not suppossed to contact a kid during an official visit, which is ethically correct. What kind of low life calls a kid while the kid is trying to visit another school? That was 100% correct as well.

Umm I'm pretty sure that he said that he was going to turn him in for a rules violation and then proceeded to explain what happened. I just listened to it.

He didn't say a word about the coach, but he did say the first time they went to the school that they weren't allowed to meet with the coach or the player. That doesn't seem like a shot at the coach but maybe the school secretary is a spy for the Gators and has a fence around Pahokee High.

Last edited:
It would be nice for CLK to fly down and have lunch with the dude just to make sure everything's cool. There is so much misinformation going around these days he needs to hear what CLK was referring to straight from CLK. This wasn't the first kid from there to be recruited and he won't be the last.

I'm a huge fan of the hiring of Lane Kiffin and staff, but a few of his comments lately have started to puzzle me a little bit. Lane has yet to ever even coach a game in the SEC, and he has already pissed of various head coaches, including Urban Meyer today. Don't start running your mouth before you have accomplished anything. Meyer and the gators will now try to beat us by 80 points if they can next fall. Kiffin needs to learn to keep some of these comments to himself.

Perhaps the Aunts weren't accurate in their description of the situation. I like the swagger that is coming back to the program but CLK obviously needs to keep positive relationships in the HS coaching ranks. I'm sure he will take care of the situation whether or not we hear about it.

Florida and Florida fans have been spoiled. 2 national championships in football and 2 in basketball. Obviously, they believe they do everything right and can do no wrong SO when somebody calls them out or simply says anything that can viewed as negative they whine about it. Grow up and stop crying.

Last edited:
I would bet dollars to doughnuts that what Kiffin said was 100% correct. My bet is that a lot of HS coaches down there try to block other schools from their kids, probably at the request of UF. Sort of like Alabama telling kids not to visit UT. Recruiting is a dirty business.

If you listen to the tape about Urban and the phone call, Kiffin never said it was a rule violation. He said that a coach was not suppossed to contact a kid during an official visit, which is ethically correct. What kind of low life calls a kid while the kid is trying to visit another school? That was 100% correct as well.

Pahokee kids have more of a history of going to Miami but there's definitely something to this. My guess is that Miami's coaching problems left the door open for CUM and Gonzo to target Pahokee and build a strong relationship. It sounds like Nu'Keese's family was just protecting him from outside pressures to do what was popular. That doesn't explain Kiffin's comments, though. Eddie Gran has a reputation to maintain in S. FL and I doubt he would be ok with Kiffin making this comment if something hadn't happened or was thought to happen.

It would be nice for CLK to fly down and have lunch with the dude just to make sure everything's cool. There is so much misinformation going around these days he needs to hear what CLK was referring to straight from CLK. This wasn't the first kid from there to be recruited and he won't be the last.

Appropriate, sensible, constructive and realistic, but you know he may not have had the opportunity he will have now without having confronted the problem.

Umm I'm pretty sure that he said that he was going to turn him in for a rules violation and then proceeded to explain what happened. I just listened to it.

Listen again. Who did he say he was going to turn them into? Don't infer anything, just listent to the words.

Even if it were true, its pretty dumb IMO, for LK to take a shot at a school that he will have to deal with and recruit at in the future. I like his fire, but he needs to cool it on the public airing of dirty laundry......it makes him seem young and ignorant.

Even if it were true, its pretty dumb IMO, for LK to take a shot at a school that he will have to deal with and recruit at in the future. I like his fire, but he needs to cool it on the public airing of dirty laundry......it makes him seem young and ignorant.

agreed 100%

Listen again. Who did he say he was going to turn them into? Don't infer anything, just listent to the words.

If you listen to the tape about Urban and the phone call, Kiffin never said it was a rule violation.

I bolded what you initially said. He CLEARLY states "this is a recruiting violation" ... I don't know how I can make that more clear.

Anybody attempting to tell LK how to act over a message board seems ignorant. He has a reason behind everything he says to the public. Haven't we all seen that from him.

I bolded what you initially said. He CLEARLY states "this is a recruiting violation" ... I don't know how I can make that more clear.

He never said it was a rule violation. A "recruiting violation" can mean an ethical violoation as well. It is unethical to call a recruit while the recruit is on the campus of another school on an official visit. It may not be a NCAA rule violation, but it is a recruiting violation.:)

yeah i love that kiffin is drawing a line in the sand and putting out warning shots across the sec that Tennessee is back on top and their reign is over...but come on kiffin dont piss off talent pool's coaches. call him up and make it right..

Pahokee kids have more of a history of going to Miami but there's definitely something to this.

This isn't true. Miami has always struggled with kids from the Muck. They have a few now (4 I think) though. It used to be a FSU pipeline, Spurrier couldn't ever get in there.

Kiffin needs to keep some good karma flowing out there, lots of talent comes from Pahokee and Glades Central out there. This year alone: Michigan x2, UT, NC State, Georgia, FSU all signed kids from the Muck.

2010 looks to be the same.

Agreed. Kiffin did well with this recruiting class given the circumstances, but we should let our performance on the field do the talking. Trash talk is just that. Let's keep working on the 2010 recruits and fixing our own program before calling out our opponents and high schools.

+1

I've been pretty impressed with CLK so far and don't even mind him rileing up the bammers and gators, but his statements about this school in Pahokee could bite us. I sure hope he know what he is doing.

Cockyness with a purpose or self confidence is one thing. Getting carried away with it to the point of burning bridges that don't need to be burned is another.

We will just have to wait and see (*crosses fingers*)

He never said it was a rule violation. A "recruiting violation" can mean an ethical violoation as well. It is unethical to call a recruit while the recruit is on the campus of another school on an official visit. It may not be a NCAA rule violation, but it is a recruiting violation.:)

Dude come on ... everyone refers to them as recruiting violations. Plus, he said, "You can't call ..." ... If he was talking about an ethical situation, he would've said "shouldn't."

Dude come on ... everyone refers to them as recruiting violations. Plus, he said, "You can't call ..." ... If he was talking about an ethical situation, he would've said "shouldn't."

If one takes ethics seriously "shouldn't" would be viewed as "can't." I think its pitiful that the SEC does not acknowledge the ethical standard in this context. Its a cheap shot at Coach.

There is no ethical standard when it comes to this.

Kiffin told the kid to tell Urban he was solid to Florida and wasn't going to visit UT.

UM had no clue he was on campus supposedly.

VN Store

Back