Who do you have winning the conference tourney

We will lose in the semi finals, get a 3 seed, and have a really good draw in the tourney.

sweet 16.

The defense is good , but not sure it’s the best ! Kentucky at Rupp schooled them . And did you see what Arky done to them in the 2nd half . Not a bash , but it’s a stretch to say the best . They can look very crisp at times , but can also look lost at times .

What? You do realize we've been in the top 10 in the nation in defensive efficiency all season long don't you? Kentucky at Rupp hit everything they threw towards the basket, that game is the exception this season. We dominated them and shut them down a few weeks later and held them 17 points below their season average. Arkansas shot 37 percent from the floor against us Saturday. They came back on offensive rebounding. In our two games against them this season they averaged 11 points under their season ppg average.

We held Auburn 17 points below their season average. Arizona and NC were below their season average. We held Texas and Texas Tech 16 and 15 points below their season average. Off the top of my head,, Kentucky once, LSU once and Texas A&M beat their season average ppg against us. We shut down Kentucky next time we played and held LSU 24 points below their season average in that return match.

I hope I'm wrong, but I would pick Kentucky to win it. When at full strength, they are the best team in the SEC on a neutral court. They simply gave too much firepower.

We were able to get revenge at TBA, but UK was missing TyTy for that gane and we were motivated after game 1. Also, Kentucky was the better team against Auburn until losing TyTy as well as their other starting guard for stretches of the game. Arkansas also barely beat them at Bud Walton. On a neutral court, I think Kentucky stands above.

Kentucky has looked like the best team when they are healthy. Doesn't mean I think they are a shoe in but I would give them slightly better odds than the rest of the big 4

UT over LSU or Pig.
VU may beat Bama and if so UK should beat VU. But Bama can get hot and beat UK. And we'd handle Bama this time. UK would be tough but winnable for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Really depends on how well the teams that get double bye show up in round 1.

We get Mississippi State or South Carolina.
Kentucky likely gets Alabama
Arkansas likely gets LSU
Auburn actually got a tough first match-up. A&M and Florida both tied for 5th seed and got shuffled down because of tiebreakers. Gators went 1-1 against Auburn too, so you know they feel like they could pull off that upset. A&M only got Auburn at Auburn so I'm sure they feel better about a neutral court matchup as well.

I'd assume we're likely facing South Carolina for a 3rd game, Mississippi State ended the year going 3-7 in their last 10 games. Think they kind of fell a part. South Carolina went 5-5 with losses @ Alabama @ Mississippi State and @ Auburn, only losing to Kentucky and Tennessee at home during the stretch.

I think without upsets we've got the best first round matchup. Bama and LSU both are really good teams and A&M seemed to figure things out after that 8 game losing streak they had, finishing pretty strong winning 5 of their last 6.

Auburn only lost to 3 teams and before they even make the championship game they could potentially have to rematch 2 of them.

I think whoever wins the Tennessee/Kentucky side of the bracket wins it all.

Reactions: walkenvol
We’ll need our bigs to play lights out again to beat Kentucky.

We have the worst luck in the SEC tournament. If we win it we’ll be a 2 seed. If we lose to Kentucky we’ll be a 3.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
UK or Auburn are the safe bets.. I see Tennessee winning a tough one on Friday, should at least make it til Saturday i would hope. They're just not as good away from TBA. Their luck in this tournament has been bad.

Not sure how I feel about the Vols chances in the SEC tourney, they have traditionally not done well. They could get the win on Friday, but playing KY again on Saturday may be too much for them to get past.....

What? You do realize we've been in the top 10 in the nation in defensive efficiency all season long don't you? Kentucky at Rupp hit everything they threw towards the basket, that game is the exception this season. We dominated them and shut them down a few weeks later and held them 17 points below their season average. Arkansas shot 37 percent from the floor against us Saturday. They came back on offensive rebounding. In our two games against them this season they averaged 11 points under their season ppg average.

We held Auburn 17 points below their season average. Arizona and NC were below their season average. We held Texas and Texas Tech 16 and 15 points below their season average. Off the top of my head,, Kentucky once, LSU once and Texas A&M beat their season average ppg against us. We shut down Kentucky next time we played and held LSU 24 points below their season average in that return match.
I like what you're saying, but UK wasn't completely healthy when we played them in TBA. Don't get me wrong, I still think we would have beat them in TBA, but a healthy TyTy makes them a different team. Furthermore, our defense isn't what we should be worried about. Our offensive lapses are the X-factor. I don't know if we can score consistently enough to win the whole thing. I hope so.

Kentucky travels better than anybody. Love the Orange but you ask the question. The Cats!!

Tennessee over Mississippi State
Tennessee over Georgia
Tennessee over Mississippi

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I would love to see us win the tournament, but I just don't see it happening.
I'd be happy to see us win Friday and night and beat KY....solidify that 3 see and on to the dance.

I hope I'm wrong, but I would pick Kentucky to win it. When at full strength, they are the best team in the SEC on a neutral court. They simply gave too much firepower.

We were able to get revenge at TBA, but UK was missing TyTy for that gane and we were motivated after game 1. Also, Kentucky was the better team against Auburn until losing TyTy as well as their other starting guard for stretches of the game. Arkansas also barely beat them at Bud Walton. On a neutral court, I think Kentucky stands above.

Not only that, but it seems Kentucky simply hits another level when it comes to the SEC Tourney. I think we have a decent chance if/when we play them, but if I were betting, I would have to lean toward KY winning it all.

I think any of the top 4 could win it. I also wouldn't discount Alabama or LSU.

Who am I kidding? While it will probably come down to two of the above teams, it is more wide open than it has been in maybe forever.

If the guys have to play Kentucky to get to the finals then no. I they beat someone else then they have a punchers chance. The program gets too hyped and emotional after a Kentucky win and lose focus on the next opponent. Hope I am wrong.

VN Store

Back