I am humbly amused by Ms. Staley's misfortune...

Oh it was here. I mentioned it last night and got the typical, "does it hurt your feelings?" reply. Lard ass, fat ass, man, it was all on here. There was on a run of insults during the game directed at a KY player.

I can vouch for that. I just shook my head when I saw it.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
@Voluble2 why’d you do that to them (don’t know their pronouns)? That’s so unnecessary. It’s vile. Do better.

Yeah, I saw where that person namechecked me before they had to go back and edit their post after realizing the worst thing I said was that the fat chick was roughing up Key in the paint.

Someone else got on me for correcting a poster who said we were one and done in the tournament by telling him that we were actually two and through.

It doesn't take much to become an outlaw around here.

That is not true. She won her first regular season title with one McDonald All American. Tennessee at that time was loaded with them.
Yep and it took her 6 years at South Carolina to get that first title. Since then they have brought in All American after all American and have managed to make it to 3 final fours. They currently have 11 and Again Sunday, the offense went away. That has been consistent with South Carolina. I find it funny when Dawn says Kim Mulkey just plays simple basketball and is just basic on the offensive end as though she has all the answers. Dawn's teams can't close on the offensive end consistently. All you need to do is lose one game and you are out of the tournament. The LSU game earlier this season when they were getting blown out before a very fortunate comeback should have been a big red flag. Missouri even more. Maybe it is their mindset.

I’ll bet you. Definitely. $50 UT goes farther than UK.
Shakes hand🤝 same round loss is a wash. I will venmo or cashapp 50 if UT goes further than UK. Just remind me when the time comes. I hope you will do the same. If UT had Horston and Green still I would agree with you. UT was playing really well and I was impressed. Even surprised.

Yeah, I saw where that person namechecked me before they had to go back and edit their post after realizing the worst thing I said was that the fat chick was roughing up Key in the paint.

Someone else got on me for correcting a poster who said we were one and done in the tournament by telling him that we were actually two and through.

It doesn't take much to become an outlaw around here.
You should run on back to the football forum. We don’t need posters on WBB referring to the young women as chicks.

I’ll bet you. Definitely. $50 UT goes farther than UK.
Shakes hand🤝 same round loss is a wash. I will venmo or cashapp 50 if UT goes further than UK. Just remind me when the time comes. I hope you will do the same. If UT had Horston and Green still I would agree with you. UT was playing really well and I was impressed. Even surprised.

Reactions: LadyOrange
You should run on back to the football forum. We don’t need posters on WBB referring to the young women as chicks.

If the SEC let overweight chickens run around the floor during the SEC tournament, well, that is just unacceptable. This liberal, free range woke-ism must be stopped. And why no roosters?? Does the liberal woke, male hating never stop?

Dawn took a team to the sweet sixteen with the tallest player only being 6'0 tall. Also with that same team they beat Tennessee who was loaded with Mcdonalds All American. Dawn is just as good of an X and O coach as Kelly.
Her first four seasons as the coach at SC were way below what Kellie has done. That is a fact. She needs talent everybody does. She has more than anybody by a lot right now. I hope it evens out then we'll see how good she can do with the X and 0. I thought she really should've gotten Boston more shots yesterday and less for Cook and Henderson.

Last edited:
I’ll also add based on good sources that Dawn is among those coaches who try to convince recruits that Lady Vols are done. Dawn might be a nice person in some ways, but …..
Of course she wants the top talent she wouldn't be winning like she is if someone else had it.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I’ll also add based on good sources that Dawn is among those coaches who try to convince recruits that Lady Vols are done. Dawn might be a nice person in some ways, but …..
This is simply not true. Dawn does not need to negative recruit. Of course this is "based on good sources."

Reactions: shiverz
Every team is going to have different strengths and weaknesses. KY doesn’t have the best shot blocker in the country. We do.
I would not trade any players with KY.
So you wouldnt trade Rennie or Emily for any of the starting Five for Kentucky? Hell i would even trade Walker because she is so in consistent. If you say no your delusional.

Reactions: Volfan2012
So you wouldnt trade Rennie or Emily for any of the starting Five for Kentucky? Hell i would even trade Walker because she is so in consistent. If you say no your delusional.
Of course we can't trade but of course I would trade them.

If the SEC let overweight chickens run around the floor during the SEC tournament, well, that is just unacceptable. This liberal, free range woke-ism must be stopped. And why no roosters?? Does the liberal woke, male hating never stop?

This is simply not true. Dawn does not need to negative recruit. Of course this is "based on good sources."
If you have some sources that she doesn't tell us. I don't have anything that she does. Still you can't make a statement unless you are certain it is true. We know there are some coaches out there doing it haven't been able to get any names.

.... Dawn is just as good of an X and O coach as Kelly.

She has a great recruiting staff that has their roster loaded with 5* players. Her teams are offensively inconsistent and frankly look similar to some of Holly's better teams. Comparing her to Kellie is not apples to apples but if you give both coaches the same players, I'll take the one coached by Kellie. No offense.

If you have some sources that she doesn't tell us. I don't have anything that she does. Still you can't make a statement unless you are certain it is true. We know there are some coaches out there doing it haven't been able to get any names.
I’ve been asked to not share my sources. Why do people have such a hard time believing this?

Reactions: mlindsay
I’ve been asked to not share my sources. Why do people have such a hard time believing this?
I didn't say I didn't believe it just asking if the poster had evidence otherwise since they said it wasn't true. They have a point about her being established, but at the same time she has done most of the recruiting right out of her state and one or two neighboring states.

Our goal is sweet 16. We’ll make that even without several of our best players. Kentucky hit a hot streak in the tournament. That is fleeting. They will be out before the 16.

Reactions: Lucy
I should have been more specific that I would not trade anyone position by position. Our starting PF for theirs. Our backup 2 guard for theirs. And no I would not trade ANYONE for Howard. She is a malcontent and would not fit at UT at all. She plays only when she wants to.

Are you serious? If I was recruiting against Tennessee, I’d say the exact same thing. Anybody that was trying very hard would do it.

Dawn took a team to the sweet sixteen with the tallest player only being 6'0 tall. Also with that same team they beat Tennessee who was loaded with Mcdonalds All American. Dawn is just as good of an X and O coach as Kelly.
Not sure how beating one of Holly’s teams proves Dawn is as good an Xs and O’s coach as Kellie?

VN Store

Back