War in Ukraine

My guess is this operation was a Putin probe. No other way to fit the pieces together. He's held back his best equipment.... Or perhaps he didn't think he needed it.

Regardless he's exposed his weaknesses in Ukraine. If only we had a world leader to push and further expose it.

Reactions: davethevol
Better realize that the fifth dimension of warfare is cyber, and America is terribly unprepared. Been preached by those paying attention for decades and just last year caused massive energy disruptions. Just one pipeline. Oceans do not protect our nation, you or I, from electrons.

Too bad somebody didn't consider an internet kill switch. Of course, we have Musk backdoors, so probably a little late anyway. There should always have been a totally isolated network for infrastructure and other critical applications. Imagine instead of bombing air defense and coordination simply turning the power off and then screwing with pipelines and transportation systems to block fuel for backup generation. All that gas in the ground isn't going to pump itself without electric power either.

When you’re looking at $60k to get a decent truck it’s become ridiculous.

The auto industry has been trying very very hard to surpass defense manufacturers in complexity and cost ... and it's working. I can actually remember rolling down a window with a crank to adjust a side mirror - when side mirrors became popular.

It's weird watching the night cam from Kiev. Street lights on, hotel signs.

Pretty sure step one in a siege is to turn off the power and communications.

Russia is getting creamed in the western media and losing the propaganda war because people are still uploading sh*t to the internet and able to recharge their phones. How stupid is Russia not to take down internet, power and cell? Hell I'd even turn off the water and heat.

Doesn't look like Russia had a plan after getting smacked in the mouth.

Yeah, there is something odd about this. Either Putin has grown complacent after ruling unopposed for many years or more likely there is something else going on. I tend to think the idea is right on the first wave being the conscripts and cannon fodder to soak up Ukraine's limited defense to be followed by the much more powerful second wave. IRA used to do that with bombs, too.

What I dont get is why they didnt immediately shut down all mobile and data communications. Unless its again to get Ukraine to spend it all up front and then its all about to black out while the big guns come in. Havent figured out this angle yet.

Reactions: Septic
The world needs to develop a nutsack. When times are good weak liberals act like race, sexual orientation, and gender identity are the most important things. What’s happening now is the reality of the world we live in and the stupid s*** takes a back seat. The left acts like this can’t happen here yet everything they do pushes us closer to it becoming more of a reality.

Wonder why libs and the green horde aren't going after Russia for the pollution they are causing. Surely this is going to melt some glaciers and we'll all drown.

Just saw a comparison that if the reported numbers are accurate (no way of telling if they are) the Russians have already had more military KIAs since Thursday than the US had in 20 years in Afghanistan. Around 3500 vs around 2500. Keep up the good work Ukraine.

Russia has never been shy about using guys as cannon fodder.

That’s not good, I hate stupid people in power which is prevalent unfortunately 😑

Seems like egotism and narcissism that makes some people decide they are fit to rule others generally includes a fair level of mentally incompetence and instability. But people are elected by how they preach to the flock - ask pre WW2 Germans about gifted speakers, megalomania, and disaster. Selecting "leaders" unfortunately is all about persona and hype and way short on actual qualifications - marketing is always about flashy stuff over fact.

VN Store

Back