TV, movies, music, Books and whatnot.

My wife wants to start Ghosts after 1883. I’m wanting to watch Picard or Star Trek Discovery. Why can’t we do both? She wants to binge one at a time…

My wife wants to start Ghosts after 1883. I’m wanting to watch Picard or Star Trek Discovery. Why can’t we do both? She wants to binge one at a time…

Ghosts really grew on me. Funny characters. I was surprised to see it got picked up and how many people were watching such an off beat show.

From Yellowstone’s most recent season, we know that James settles the land, which will become the Yellowstone. Along the way, he encounters tribes of Native Americans, one with which he parleys during a flashback scene dated 1893, when John (John Dutton I.) is an adolescent. The second season of 1883 will probably not occur during its titular year, and we may find the narrative focusing more on an older John. (The current season has mostly taken the perspective of his sister, Elsa.)

Yellowstone ranch was named after yellow hair I guess.
Interesting thought. Never thought about how it got the name.

I am not disagreeing, okay? I'm just asking why Yellow...stone?

I thought about it last night. Maybe it has something to do with the conversation James and Margaret had in 9 about burying her on the trail and never visiting? Sam calls her stone Yellows stone?

Spitballing. I have no clue.

Reactions: rocytop2624
Jack Ryan is solid.

Someone told me if I liked it I would like The Blacklist. James Spader is old school and I remember that show being talked about alot when it was new. Think I'll try an episode or 2.

Interesting thought. Never thought about how it got the name.

I am not disagreeing, okay? I'm just asking why Yellow...stone?

I thought about it last night. Maybe it has something to do with the conversation James and Margaret had in 9 about burying her on the trail and never visiting? Sam calls her stone Yellows stone?

Spitballing. I have no clue.
From one of my Fly Fishing guides blog.
Edit: a fly fishing guide who’s blog I follow.
The Yellowstone river is on my bucket list.
Anyway

The Yellowstone river: The major river that runs through Yellowstone National Park is the Yellowstone River. The park is named for this body of water. ... When the trappers asked the Native Americans that lived there the name of the river, they responded “Mi tse a-da-zi.” This translates literally as “Rock Yellow River.” Yellowstone became the name over time.

I looked that up and it seems to match the story from the Yellowstone park website.

Reactions: Behr
From one of my Fly Fishing guides blog.
Edit: a fly fishing guide who’s blog I follow.
The Yellowstone river is on my bucket list.
Anyway

The Yellowstone river: The major river that runs through Yellowstone National Park is the Yellowstone River. The park is named for this body of water. ... When the trappers asked the Native Americans that lived there the name of the river, they responded “Mi tse a-da-zi.” This translates literally as “Rock Yellow River.” Yellowstone became the name over time.

I looked that up and it seems to match the story from the Yellowstone park website.
I'm aware of Yellowstone National Park and the river, but call me stupid, like always, lol, but surely it's more to it than that.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
So they are what, less than halfway to Yellowstone park now. If she kicks it, it will be soon. They going to haul her smelly ass another 1000 miles?

coyote bait.

Speaking of, I have a huge pack here close to the house. I am trying to figure out what thermal scope to buy. I want to shoot some of those bastages at night!

I just let my neighbor trap them. He got a 3 plus a gorgeous bobcat.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
At first, I thought this thread would be a good one for swapping just enough to share interest in shows, miniseries, and movies. What the hell was I thinking? This is in the zone. Already, it's degenerated into a classic multi-page bisch fest and who can post unshielded spoilers first. Or, as Behr might put it, if you're not up to speed don't read the thread. If you don't like it, start your own thread. STFU GTFO. Ad infinitum.

VN Store

Back